ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 163 of 319
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213263 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:43 AM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
Veach had a quick comment on his last interview that made me think there is a possibility they roll with Hill, Hardman, Pringle, etc. and prioritize a real weapon at TE behind Kelce...potentially in free agency.

A TE like Zach Ertz (just an example) would make this offense much more multiple, potentially help in the run game, and allow Kelce to move around even more, knowing another weapon is on the field opposite him.
I'm fine with adding another TE but Hardman as our 2nd best WR is gross.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:50 AM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don’t remember you being called an idiot.

But that conversation was pre-Veach teleconference. It was based on the idea/fear Schwartz was going to just retire and Fisher would be out almost all of 2021. With Schwartz sounding like he’s on track to be back for all offseason activities and the positive hope for Fisher, it moves the Chiefs from needed to find a long-term fix to needing to find a short-term band aid.

Without the $20M of cap room those two no longer being in the picture created, it is hard to see the Chiefs spending the cap they can clear by extending Mathieu, restructuring Mahomes and Kelce, and possibly extending Hill on another OT.
Sorry but even before the Fisher / Schwartz news, there was zero chance they were going to be in on the Williams sweepstakes. He was never coming here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 AM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
The difference is that Reiter and Wylie get the same snap counts and Fisher and Schwartz, that not even close to being true of DRob and Hardman. Comparing a #3 and #4 WR to a starter along the offensive line is apples and oranges.

I mean do you think Kelce and Hill should get less targets? Because if you draft a WR in the first round, you are.
A first round or FA WR is going to take reps from Hardman and DRob, not from Hill and Kelce.

And as for the line, snap counts are irrelevant. They're your 3rd and 4th best offensive linemen, right now. They're NEVER going to be as good as your 1st and 2nd-best, even if you replace them. You're never going to have studs at every position on the line unless you sell out to do it.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:55 AM 03-08-2021
Nothing about Veach’s comments suggest that he’s going to ignore WR in favor of TE2.

In fact, nothing this team has done in Reid’s tenure suggest that would be the case.

Here’s a thought. Maybe they can add a WR AND a TE!
[Reply]
RunKC 12:00 PM 03-08-2021
Veach is going add weapons damn near every year guys. He’s added at least one each year he’s been GM.

That will continue
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:01 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Veach floating that backup TE comment was very interesting. Makes me wonder if that is a priority since Kelce is turning 32 this year.

Maybe give him a few more breathers to stay fresh as he gets older to keep his productivity up.
Kelce is gonna play until he’s 40 at this rate. No major injuries and seems like he’s getting better with age
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:14 PM 03-08-2021
Seahawks releases Carlos Dunlap
[Reply]
TRR 12:17 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nothing about Veach’s comments suggest that he’s going to ignore WR in favor of TE2.

In fact, nothing this team has done in Reid’s tenure suggest that would be the case.

Here’s a thought. Maybe they can add a WR AND a TE!
Time will tell.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:23 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
Time will tell.
I don’t know why so many on CP think they can’t address multiple needs/positions.

Between free agency and the draft this team can easily add an OT, C, WR, TE, DE, S, LB, and CB.

After comp picks are announced we should have 7 picks in the first 5 rounds.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:26 PM 03-08-2021
I don’t know why so many on CP think they can’t address multiple needs/positions.

Between free agency and the draft this team can easily add an OT, C, WR, TE, DE, S, LB, and CB.

Yep. It’s predicted we get a fourth for Fuller and a fifth for Ogbah
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:32 PM 03-08-2021

They need at least 4 new offensive linemen. :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:40 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Demetrius Harris looks like Antonio Gates compared to the players we've had at TE2 since he left.
Which is pretty much what I said was going to happen at the time. Chief Fan loved to hate on Harris, but I never understood who they thought would competently replace him. Bell Dozer was the closest we could get.

Always assuming "well, we can draft a guy" and it'll work out is a fool's errand.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:42 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Which is pretty much what I said was going to happen at the time. Chief Fan loved to hate on Harris, but I never understood who they thought would competently replace him. Bell Dozer was the closest we could get.

Always assuming "well, we can draft a guy" and it'll work out is a fool's errand.
The last time we drafted a TE was in 2015.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:44 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The last time we drafted a TE was in 2015.
Exactly. There are only so many picks to go around.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:56 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They need at least 4 new offensive linemen. :-)
no, but they need 2.
[Reply]
Page 163 of 319
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213263 > Last »
Up