ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 56
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
KCJake 06:05 PM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I have a Mark McGwire, Topps Olympic Rookie Card- Mint Condition for sale- $475.00
Give ya 2, 10ml vials of test for it?
[Reply]
crispystl 09:25 PM 06-09-2020
I’d like to buy some CEH rookie cards. (Autographed if possible) if any of you have a credible source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:41 PM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by KCJake:
Give ya 2, 10ml vials of test for it?
Not sure what this is, but cash would work better. I will even go down to $300.00
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:41 PM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl420:
I’d like to buy some CEH rookie cards. (Autographed if possible) if any of you have a credible source.

The best source is ebay. New autographed cards that come out of the pack are already guaranteed by the card maker.

Look for raw, the graded ceh stuff is really high.

Or join breaks in with some card breakers. There are plenty out there Platinum Card Breaks usually has plenty of great high end breaks and usually livestream till early in the morning. Rich with Layton Sportcards is always first class. I have both bought from him, and he has bought from me for his own breaks he puts together. Jaspys Case Breaks is okay. Truthfully, so many out there. That you have tons of options to choose from if case breaking is something you would be interested in.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:07 PM 06-09-2020

Personally, I would wait a bit. The products coming out right now only have players in their college uniforms. Buying certified autos off eBay is probably your best bet right now, the Chiefs have become so expensive to buy on a case break.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:08 PM 06-09-2020

My advice is to wait until they start releasing products with CEH in a Chiefs uniform. All of this LSU/college stuff will plummet once the NFL stuff starts coming out.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:28 PM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Personally, I would wait a bit. The products coming out right now only have players in their college uniforms. Buying certified autos off eBay is probably your best bet right now, the Chiefs have become so expensive to buy on a case break.
Yep, all true.

Chiefs have been an expensive break since 2017.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:42 PM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Yep, all true.

Chiefs have been an expensive break since 2017.
2017 wasn’t that bad from what I hear. Too bad I didn’t get back into collecting until 2018. Mahomes cards literally doubled after the Steelers game.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:40 PM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
2017 wasn’t that bad from what I hear. Too bad I didn’t get back into collecting until 2018. Mahomes cards literally doubled after the Steelers game.
Only Houston and Chicago IIRC were more expensive. By the end of the year I was paying anywhere from$200-250 depending on which product for each break. Mostly Impeccable, NT and Flawless.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:00 AM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Not a single one of those autographed cards is legit. Stay far away.

This doesn’t look legit either! :-)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131924423112
[Reply]
tatorhog 07:32 AM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
This doesn’t look legit either! :-)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131924423112
The cert checks out for a 1981 Montana in psa8, although it makes no mention of the autograph. The flip just looks wrong and the top of the case appears to have been tampered with. I wouldn't touch that card for $10 lol
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 09:14 AM 06-10-2020
Boy this is hard to get back in. I got thousands of Griffey cards but what really chaps my ass is all the effort I put into Larry Johnson. I got multiple gold rookie sp authentic, 1/1 auto patches, just a couple hundred of them. Then he has what 4-5 domestic assault arrests? Cards that went for $1500-$2500 I owned multiples of are worth maybe $5 a piece. Still sitting on them. I’ll go back through them and despite who the player is the cards were pretty cool as far as aesthetics go.
[Reply]
crispystl 12:01 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
The best source is ebay. New autographed cards that come out of the pack are already guaranteed by the card maker.

Look for raw, the graded ceh stuff is really high.

Or join breaks in with some card breakers. There are plenty out there Platinum Card Breaks usually has plenty of great high end breaks and usually livestream till early in the morning. Rich with Layton Sportcards is always first class. I have both bought from him, and he has bought from me for his own breaks he puts together. Jaspys Case Breaks is okay. Truthfully, so many out there. That you have tons of options to choose from if case breaking is something you would be interested in.

Thanks for this! What is a “break” where multiple people throw in on a pack ?

Also how do I know what I’m buying off eBay is legit ?

[Reply]
crispystl 12:01 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
My advice is to wait until they start releasing products with CEH in a Chiefs uniform. All of this LSU/college stuff will plummet once the NFL stuff starts coming out.

Good point. Will-do.
Thanks!

[Reply]
tatorhog 12:14 PM 06-10-2020
Also how do I know what I’m buying off eBay is legit ?

You can do a cert validation at psa and I'm sure the other grading companies offer the same thing. For auto'ed stuff, they have there own in-house signature authentication (and if requested - grading). They are about as good as it gets, but even they can be fooled. If you are looking for a specific signature, get a good idea of what the signature looks like and be your own judge too.

Usually modern cards that are issued as signed are legit. I can think of a couple instances where the player did some sneaky stuff like having someone else sign for them, but that's definitely not the norm. I would simply say what comes from the company as signed, is legit. Then the psa/jsa/etc auth'ed signatures are a close second. The stuff with the homemade certs are like browsing the internet with no antivirus. You might come away clean, but there's a good chance you'll get burnt.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 56
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up