ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 508 of 3903
« First < 8408458498504505506507508 50951051151251855860810081508 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
notorious 08:08 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I don't understand the media distrust aspect, if the media had come out and said this was nothing to worry about and keep doing what you are doing would people has trusted that or is there only distrust when it doesn't match your viewpoint.

should the media start using reverse psychology or double reverse psychology?
They could start by telling us the truth all the time so we don’t have to pick through everything to weed out slant, lies, etc.

Remember Tyreek Hill last off-season?
[Reply]
wazu 08:09 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It's spooky no matter how you look at it.
It's spooky that our military has tanks?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:13 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I worry about what happens with our ventilator supply. There will be a ton of collateral damage in our health care system if we are not able to slow down this virus.

Many people need ventilator help for reasons unrelated to COVID-19. My dad needed ventilator help for about 48 hours a number of years ago. He made an amazing recovery, but the ventilator was very important for his survival in early hours of being in the hospital. His pulse was very low and he was losing a lot of blood, on his way to death. The ventilator played a critical role in helping him recover.

The situation with my dad is just one of so many examples out there that are happening every day in our health care system. We cannot afford to let COVID-19 become so widespread that it causes a bunch of collateral damage fatalities in the health care system due to a shortage of ventilators.
When I was working in the ICU the average time on the vent was 37.5 hours. A little skewed because of post-op surgery when we will take them off the vent the next day but most patients that I took care of on the vents were like your Dad. They have a life threatening crisis for 48 hours. We take over his breathing for him. Get whatever caused this under control, take him off the vent. They go on with their lives.

Whats concerning me is the lack of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in hospitals. I would have been fired immediately if I used the same mask or protective gown on a patient then used the same PPE when I went to a new patient. Walked me out the door. Put me in front of the board to explain myself. Potentially lost my license and career.

Now, you have people using the same mask for 5 days on every patient. Using sports googles, bandannas, scarfs, etc. What do you think is going to happen? The care givers are going to get sick. They will take the bug's home, infect their families. Get sick themselves and take out more of our nations available health care workers to help others battle this crisis.

The patients are going to possibly get every bug in the hospital. You don't have to work in the medical field to figure out whats going to happen due to a lack of PPE. More people are going to die that didn't need to if we don't get PPE into hospitals.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:22 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
It's spooky that our military has tanks?
Yes!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:23 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Would have to look at the numbers but I imagine the hardest industry hit at the moment is the service industry. Theyll all be back by June.
The hardest hit is the travel industry and it will be that way for a long time for them.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:27 AM 03-20-2020
I just watched a video on YouTube titled "WE ARE BEING PLAYED" on the AMAZING POLLY channel . Who exactly is handling the Coronavirus task force in the USA? It's worth a look.
[Reply]
Kman34 08:35 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
I just watched a video on YouTube titled "WE ARE BEING PLAYED" on the AMAZING POLLY channel . Who exactly is handling the Coronavirus task force in the USA? It's worth a look.
Step away from the internet.. it will make you nuts..
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:37 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Step away from the internet.. it will make you nuts..
:-) how many of his posts have you ever read? Way way way too late for that.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:37 AM 03-20-2020
Got some new figures from my RT buddies

And in my experience, you don't want about 20% of those RT's running your families ventilator.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:43 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
You think tanks are needed to fight a virus?

Originally Posted by petegz28:
It's spooky no matter how you look at it.
No context, means nothing at all. How do I even know that this is a recent picture?
[Reply]
Donger 08:48 AM 03-20-2020
Starting to smell like DC in here...
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:51 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Starting to smell like DC in here...
i'm getting ready to start with the bleach and lysol...
[Reply]
O.city 08:51 AM 03-20-2020
So the 3rd bill the senate is taking under has massive spending for small businesses and loans that will allow them to keep paying payroll and potentially forgives the loans after 4 months if they don’t release anyone?

That would help
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:55 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So the 3rd bill the senate is taking under has massive spending for small businesses and loans that will allow them to keep paying payroll and potentially forgives the loans after 4 months if they don’t release anyone?

That would help
depends on what they are classifying as a small business
[Reply]
Dayze 08:55 AM 03-20-2020
did I hear right that if you make over 99k, you're ass out in terms of assistance?
[Reply]
Page 508 of 3903
« First < 8408458498504505506507508 50951051151251855860810081508 > Last »
Up