ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Are you getting a flu shot this year?
Yes 90 59.60%
No 58 38.41%
Gaz says vaccinations cause penis shrinkage 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Nzoner's Game Room>Are you getting a flu shot this year?
TLO 01:37 PM 10-16-2020
Just got mine this afternoon. How about you?
[Reply]
jdubya 05:02 PM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by redhed:
Nope, and I can't remember the last time I got one, probably more than a decade ago. I also don't remember when I last had the flu. Not an anti-vax, just not a fan of needles. You'd think by now they could put it in a pill or something.
This is likely the REAL reason most "anti vaxers" dont like flu shots lol

:-)
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:33 PM 10-22-2020
I never do and will not. Im 41 and I've had the actual real flu twice in my adult life. While I was beyond miserable both times and once actually felt like I was going to die, the possible risk from the injection isn't worth it to me.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer and I'm not saying the flu vaccine is dangerous, I just don't trust anyone right now in this crazy world we're living in including the makers of the vaccine. Why put something in my body to prevent something that I'm highly unlikely to get anyway?

My job is pressuring us hard to get one this year, basically threatening those of us in management. My sister always gets one so I got her paperwork and photoshopped my name onto it.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:40 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I never do and will not. Im 41 and I've had the actual real flu twice in my adult life. While I was beyond miserable both times and once actually felt like I was going to die, the possible risk from the injection isn't worth it to me.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer and I'm not saying the flu vaccine is dangerous, I just don't trust anyone right now in this crazy world we're living in including the makers of the vaccine. Why put something in my body to prevent something that I'm highly unlikely to get anyway?

My job is pressuring us hard to get one this year, basically threatening those of us in management. My sister always gets one so I got her paperwork and photoshopped my name onto it.
You seem to be.
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:47 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
You seem to be.
Oh well. Still won't get an unneeded seasonal vaccine, nor will I get the eventual COVID vaccine. I have a great immune system, and I'm very healthy so neither one will kill me.

My kids all had their vaccines growing up and in the highly unlikely event that I had another one he/she would too. For whatever dumb reason I trust childhood vaccines more than seasonal ones.
[Reply]
SupDock 03:48 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The flu can be deadly for babies.
Not to mention, infants are not vaccinated until 6 months of age for flu
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:18 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Oh well. Still won't get an unneeded seasonal vaccine, nor will I get the eventual COVID vaccine. I have a great immune system, and I'm very healthy so neither one will kill me.

My kids all had their vaccines growing up and in the highly unlikely event that I had another one he/she would too. For whatever dumb reason I trust childhood vaccines more than seasonal ones.
Well, at least you understand how dumb that really is.
[Reply]
cdcox 04:19 AM 12-13-2020
I got my second Shingrix vaccine yesterday. I’m having some significant joint pain and arthritis as a side effect. And running a mild fever. I suspect it will calm down in another day or two. After the first dose I felt fine other than some very minor tenderness at the injection site.
[Reply]
njchiefs 07:29 AM 12-13-2020
Two reasons to get the flu vaccine for me:
1) I have to (health care in hospital).
2) I’d rather not get anything that makes me think that I have COVID 19

Two reasons not to:
1) As many have mentioned, it’s not all that effective typically
2) This is going to be a very light flu season. People washing their hands a lot, not touching their faces. Wearing masks, etc.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:58 AM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I got my second Shingrix vaccine yesterday. I’m having some significant joint pain and arthritis as a side effect. And running a mild fever. I suspect it will calm down in another day or two. After the first dose I felt fine other than some very minor tenderness at the injection site.
That is quite common for Shingrix. It's much more effective than Zostavax, but the side effects are unpleasant.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Up