ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Are you getting a flu shot this year?
Yes 90 59.60%
No 58 38.41%
Gaz says vaccinations cause penis shrinkage 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are you getting a flu shot this year?
TLO 01:37 PM 10-16-2020
Just got mine this afternoon. How about you?
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 07:49 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Yes my whole family got one, staying out of this thread from here on out because of the autistic flat earth lizard people that have a problem with science.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
One has nothing to do with the other.
You've been taught to lump any and all questioning of authority into one ignorant, apathetic pot.

Have a nice day. I hope you don't get sick :-)
[Reply]
digger 08:28 PM 10-16-2020
I did already, required to keep my job... Can opt out, but its easier to get the shot...
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:35 PM 10-16-2020
Nope. Never have and never will.
Science.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:50 PM 10-16-2020
I've had Influenza. It sucked big time. I've taken the shot ever since and will continue.
[Reply]
007 08:51 PM 10-16-2020
Only get one because it's required by my employer
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:23 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Nope. Never have and never will.
Science.
Shocking.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:32 PM 10-16-2020
Got mine two weeks ago along with a shingles vaccine. I致e known enough people with shingles to know I want no part of that. I知 old enough not to be ruining around without a flu shot. Since I知 not living in the 19th century, when life expectancy was under 50, I gotta love me some vaccines.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:04 PM 10-16-2020
**** no. Never gotten one, never will.

But I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I was hospitalized repeatedly as a sickly toddler and it left me with a mortal terror of anything medical for the rest of my life.

I have no family nearby, live alone, work alone most of the time and wear a mask when I'm not, and was an obsessive hand washer long before covid, so the odds of me either catching or spreading the flu are pretty slim.
[Reply]
oldman 10:38 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Got mine two weeks ago along with a shingles vaccine. I致e known enough people with shingles to know I want no part of that. I知 old enough not to be ruining around without a flu shot. Since I知 not living in the 19th century, when life expectancy was under 50, I gotta love me some vaccines.
I'm with you on this. Got my shingles shot last year and get a flu shot every year. I look at it this way. Even if the flu shot is only 40-60% effective, that's 40-60% in my favor. As soon as Dr. Fauci and the CDC bless a COVID-19 vaccine, I'm in on that, too.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:40 PM 10-16-2020
I always get the flu shot.
[Reply]
stanleychief 10:40 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Conspiracy bullshit aside, I'm curious how flu season is going to go in this Covid era. I've heard both ways - either the use of masks/distancing/sanitizer will slow down flu spread and we'll have one of the lightest flu years, or the use of masks/distancing/sanitizer is lowering immunity so the flu will spread more than usual.

I know which one I believe, and was frankly surprised to even hear the 2nd option was a theory.
I am curious about this too. The preventative measures for Covid-19 seem to be the same as those for preventing the flu, if not more strict. If we are wearing masks, washing hands, and not being a hero trying to go into work when sick, wouldn't this pretty much stop the flu as well? Are influenza particles smaller than SARS-CoV-2?

I'm certainly not against getting a flu shot, and it's a good, cheap insurance policy against getting ill, but it seems sort of useless this year. Am I wrong? What did I miss? Is the real reason to keep flu patients from clogging up the healthcare system? Seems more plausible to me, and also a good enough reason to get one, I suppose.
[Reply]
oldman 10:54 PM 10-16-2020
I don't think flu particles are any smaller. Politics aside, if we all wore them during a normal flu sesason, you're probably right, the flu infection would go down. But here we are, facing the deadliest plague in 100 years and we can't get people to wear masks. I think your thought about clogging the healthcare system is correct as well. We simply just don't have the resources to fight both a flu and a COVID-19 outbreak.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:11 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
I am curious about this too. The preventative measures for Covid-19 seem to be the same as those for preventing the flu, if not more strict. If we are wearing masks, washing hands, and not being a hero trying to go into work when sick, wouldn't this pretty much stop the flu as well? Are influenza particles smaller than SARS-CoV-2?

I'm certainly not against getting a flu shot, and it's a good, cheap insurance policy against getting ill, but it seems sort of useless this year. Am I wrong? What did I miss? Is the real reason to keep flu patients from clogging up the healthcare system? Seems more plausible to me, and also a good enough reason to get one, I suppose.
Clearly, though, people aren't following through on the precautions.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:19 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by stanleychief:

Layers of protection!!!!

If you are exposing yourself to others at lesser intensity (masks and social distancing) and less frequency (stay home when you are able) you greatly reduce your chances to catch the flu. Getting vaccinated for the flu only improves your odds even more of remaining infection free. Obviously getting the flu and COVID at the same time is a high risk situation for anyone. I知 going to do easy things to lower my odds of being in a situation that would threaten my life.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 11:33 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Layers of protection!!!!

If you are exposing yourself to others at lesser intensity (masks and social distancing) and less frequency (stay home when you are able) you greatly reduce your chances to catch the flu. Getting vaccinated for the flu only improves your odds even more of remaining infection free. Obviously getting the flu and COVID at the same time is a high risk situation for anyone. I知 going to do easy things to lower my odds of being in a situation that would threaten my life.
Lol at getting the flu and covid at the same time. Are you seriously that paranoid?
Go hide under a rock. Anyone who keeps saying social distancing, needs to be shot. Just give up a your freedoms and be done with it. It's been 9 godam months. It's over. Live life like a sane normal human being who needs human interaction.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up