ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WHITLOCK: ANDY REID AND KC WILL EVENTUALLY SEND ‘BAD BOY’ LE’VEON TO DEATH ROW
Hammock Parties 10:19 AM 10-16-2020
:-)

https://www.outkick.com/andy-reid-an...-to-death-row/

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs coach Andy Reid and team general manager Brett Veach are the Notorious B.I.G. and Puff Daddy of the NFL.

They’re the head of Bad Boy Football. Can’t nobody hold them down. They love giving nasty boys one more chance. They believe in mo players no problems. Reid and Veach are close like Starsky and Hutch and the KC offense hypnotizes me.

Why am I quoting BIG and Puff and analogizing them to the leaders of the defending Super Bowl champions?

Thursday, the Chiefs signed bad boy running back Le’Veon Bell to a one-year contract, and it makes me nervous.

You see, Bell, to me, isn’t bad meaning good, he’s bad meaning bad. He’s a locker-room cancer. He’s poison. In pursuit of cash, he bulldozed his way out of an ideal situation in Pittsburgh, where on the field he meshed perfectly with Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown. Bell landed in New York, where he flamed out with the Jets after playing in just 19 games. Owing him an additional $6 million, the Jets cut Bell on Tuesday rather than deal with his bad attitude.

In football, you can’t have a problem with bad boys. The game is best played by them. But you have to pick the right bad boys, the ones who absolutely love the game. That’s my gripe with Le’Veon. I don’t think he loves the game. He loves the financial windfall the game provides him because he’s good at it.

Let’s take Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill. He can be classified as a bad boy. He’s had some serious off-the-field issues. You know what motivates him to evolve and do better? His love of the game.

Remember when Andy Reid, as head coach of the Eagles, rescued Michael Vick from a federal prison and turned him back into a playmaker? It worked because Mike Vick loves football. That’s also the reason Vick turned into a tremendous leader in the Philly locker room.

Bad boys can turn good. One of my all-time favorite people and players is Ravens legend Ray Lewis. Early in his career, Ray was involved in a murder investigation. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice. Ray loved the game and God. He wanted to be regarded as one of the all-time, all-time greats. He leaned into his faith and became arguably the greatest leader in NFL history. He’s right there with Tom Brady in terms of leadership.

I don’t have a problem with bad boys. In some respects, I was one myself years ago.

My problem is with unrepentant bad boys. This is why I’m skeptical of my Chiefs tying any part of their success to Le’Veon Bell.

Bell is the kind of running back Suge Knight and Death Row Records would sign. Bell is Tupac Shakur. Dear mama, he’s thug4life. He has ambitions as a ridah. He’s all eyez on me. Bell ain’t got no muddafreakin friends. Grab your Glock when you see Bell rock. He’s hit ‘em up.

For non-Tupac fans, let me translate what I just said. Bell is going to bring dysfunction to the Chiefs. He’s troublesome. He’s going to make Andy Reid and Brett Veach sing Hail Mary.

I hope I’m wrong. Maybe Bell will be so embarrassed by his New York flameout and so highly motivated to make Adam Gase picture him rolling that he’ll be on his best behavior for the remainder of this season.

Clear enough for ya?

Why you Jets look mad?

Y’all supposed to be happy I’m free!

Oh, I forgot. Adam Gase.

That coach had a lot to say when I was in his offense.

My gut says this ends with Andy Reid and Le’Veon Bell riding down the Las Vegas Strip and Reid pretending he had nothing to do with end of Le’Veon’s career.

[Reply]
Mecca 07:36 PM 10-16-2020
People should really learn in some settings to leave people alone. Or to just if you happen to know who you're passing by simply say hey man big fan good luck and keep walking.

That goes over much better than harassi someone for merch.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:43 PM 10-16-2020
"Let’s take Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill. He can be classified as a bad boy. He’s had some serious off-the-field issues. You know what motivates him to evolve and do better? His love of the game."

"Bad boys can turn good. One of my all-time favorite people and players is Ravens legend Ray Lewis. Early in his career, Ray was involved in a murder investigation. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice. Ray loved the game and God. He wanted to be regarded as one of the all-time, all-time greats. He leaned into his faith and became arguably the greatest leader in NFL history. He’s right there with Tom Brady in terms of leadership"

So Tyreek Hill is a "bad boy", but he's the right kind of bad boy because he loves football and "his love of football makes him want to evolve and be better" and Ray Lewis is no longer a bad boy and turned good because of his love of football?

What the fuck are you even going on about Jason? Did you really read all of this and think "Wow this is one of those articles that proves why I make the big bucks"? Well it's shit and honestly most every person with an IQ above 90 could write a better article than that elementary shit.

And fuck you Clay for posting this horseshit.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:43 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He didn't have a choice because he was fired
I remember he framed it as though they wouldn't give him a raise but he could keep his job at the same pay rate and he quit
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:44 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by CanadaKC:
I remember the trip of my dreams flying from Vancouver to KC to see the Steelers vs. Chiefs at Arrowhead. Went to Jack Stacks with my wife and daughter and lo and behold...sitting at the table right beside us was LaVeon Bell, DeAngelo Williams, and the entire offensive line eating and drinking like kings (Saturday night) Bell just sat there not saying much at all, everyone else were pretty happy and having a good time. Of course, some Steeler fans recognized the group, and on at least four occasions young kids and other super Steeler fans asked Bell for an autograph. He flat out refused and gave such attitude...leaving the fans sad and confused. I think DeAngelo Williams picked up on what might have been a major issue amongst Steeler nation and went into full on damage control...over compensating for Bell’s snubs by signing everything in sight and agreeing to pictures. Even my daughter tought Bell was being a real douce. It was a real eye opener of entitlement.
How pissed were you that you couldn't get an autograph from him? You should have spit on his ribs.
[Reply]
eDave 07:45 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
I remember he framed it as though they wouldn't give him a raise but he could keep his job at the same pay rate and he quit
Quitting is then the right move. The mistake is in asking for more money when you don't deserve it. Over valuing yourself is bad.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:54 PM 10-16-2020
Not buying what he's selling on this, there is nothing not to like about this signing whatsoever

We're not married to some ball and chain, if it goes bad Veach can wash his hands of it no sweat... and the potential upshot is sooo good that this signing could be brilliant

Dudes 28 and wasn't overworked in NY

This isn't some Emmitt Smith to the Cardinals situation... tried and true wisdom says he easily has two prime years left, if he buys in and gels right we're getting an elite back still in his physical prime

Someone last night was talking about CEH and LB flanking Mahomes in the shotgun, and all of the nightmare matchups it creates... and he was right, and it is exciting
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:01 PM 10-16-2020
I'd like to see a play where they send every WR deep and CEH and Bell run routes to opposite sides of the field.

Pick and choose the most open guy. :-)

You're either getting roasted deep or one of the RBs is taking a short pass and making some hapless LB miss.
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:01 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The key to recovery is to make your next four minutes awesome. Here are pictures of Salma Hayek, Patrick Mahomes II, a bacon cheeseburger, and an anniversary edition Lamborghini Countach to get you off to a good start.

3 of my favorite things (4 if you count hayeks bewbs)!!!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:02 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
That's because he's a phony
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:36 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That's because he's a phony
You don’t go from being on a national sports network show to some obscure podcast in Nashville if you weren’t burning bridges. He’s worn out his welcome everywhere he’s gone so now he’s throwing his hat in with lower tier conservative media.
[Reply]
eDave 08:38 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
You don’t go from being on a national sports network show to some obscure podcast in Nashville if you weren’t burning bridges. He’s worn out his welcome everywhere he’s gone so now he’s throwing his hat in with lower tier conservative media.
Still better than Keitzman.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:48 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
And fuck you Clay for posting this horseshit.
:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:52 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Still better than Keitzman.
Keitzman was never going to ascended outside of Kansas City.

He was smart enough to buy into 810 at a time when it was having issues and by default, became their afternoon host.

Keitzman never had any particular insight on ANY topic, never had any "insiders" that fed him information, whether it was the Royals, Chiefs or Sporting, and basically treated everyone like shit because the competition was virtually non-existent.

He was never going to ESPN or even Fox Sports 1. He's has the charisma of a dead toad and his looks aren't far off, either.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:57 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
The dude is doing a podcast out of his house in the KC Metro area.

He burned bridges at ESPN and Fox Sports. Sports magazines such as Sports Illustrated, Sporting News and The Athletic want nothing to do with him because he's not a "writer", he's an opinion columnist whose literal calling card is the Race Card.

The only way he can earn income in the entertainment business is by pandering to the very same people he ridiculed and called "Camaroheads", which of course is "code" for White Trash.

Fuck Jason Whitlock.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 08:57 PM 10-16-2020
Fuck, I didn't know about the Jack Stack thing...nvm Veach fucked up.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up