ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 141
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Missing Planeteers
Buck 09:51 PM 06-09-2016
Who are some CPers that you miss that aren't confirmed dead, but probably are?

The obvious ones are FAX, Skip Towne, and Mr Blond.

Who else?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:53 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's 2020. I'm not sure that's actually possible.
There are tons of non-poltical topics to talk about, and tons of things to talk about in a non-political way.

Problem is, politics has increasingly been the exertion of power over the lives of others. So when politics comes up, even innocently or obliquely, people are invested.

For instance, you can talk all the live-long day about a delicious steak, or you can moan about carbon footprints and slaughterhouse procedures. You can talk about a movie, or moan about representation and subtext and messaging in the movie.

Now small talk has been transformed into judgment.

There is a dynamic that needs to be addressed without recrimination, because it's there, but people get their hackles up about it. The left has this notion that life is political, but they hate politics. This is in part because they make politically 'charged' remarks without being explicit. For some it's passive-agression, for some it's that they are legitimately oblivious to how politically charged they sound. The right OTOH, actually wants to avoid politicization, but when politics come up, they are blunt and explicit. They aren't oblique or symbolic or coded.

So you get an exchange like;

L: 'geez, what is with the world today?' /eyeroll . . . [subtext, all my political opponents are really messing things up]
R: 'yeah, thank Gawd for Trump!!'
L: 'WTF!?!? Where did that come from?'
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:54 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Never truer words spoken...
Patteau showed up at my tailgate one time. We had a helluva good time. We still talk off line about our real lives and check in on each other. Several tailgates with Bowser too. Always a good time.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:16 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This sums up my time as a mod

[Reply]
Simply Red 10:05 PM 09-23-2020
I'm almost positive Smed has left us. I can't find his exact, real name.

He wasn't doing well, years ago. :-) I'm hoping I'm wrong but I don't think so.

I did email him and have yet to hear back. Sorry I didn't make a better effort to help you buddy and if this is truly the case; RIP.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249441
[Reply]
KurtCobain 05:56 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I always hear this, but it doesn't seem like anyone is ever in a real hurry to relinquish their moderator positions.
And with myself up to bat it would end up being a positive thing.
[Reply]
morphius 06:08 AM 09-24-2020
I always hear this, but it doesn't seem like anyone is ever in a real hurry to relinquish their moderator positions.
For me, I didn't like the idea of chasing off good members by making them moderators, lol. We had a run where most moderators got sick of it and disappeared.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:09 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by morphius:
For me, I didn't like the idea of chasing off good members by making them moderators, lol. We had a run where most moderators got sick of it and disappeared.
Yep.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 07:41 AM 09-24-2020
Anyone heard anything from LVNHACK?
I always liked that guy and last I knew he was doing private contract work in the great sand box as a bomb sniffing / security dog handler. Last posted since August 2015 and it would be nice to at least know whether he made it home or not.
[Reply]
luv 07:55 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
There used to be a CP facebook page that had a couple of "who are you on CP?" posts. I don't know if it's still alive or if any of the missing planeteers posted in it (or admitted real names).
That was me. I think Bearcat was an admin, too. Closed group, and you had to send us a message stating who you are on here before you got in. No way I would do that now. Too many crazies roaming around here now.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:01 AM 09-24-2020
Hi Bud.
[Reply]
morphius 08:08 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Hi Bud.
Hey! Hope you are well!
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:19 AM 09-24-2020
Hey! Hope you are well!
Z-man next time I'm in town? :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 08:25 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Anyone heard anything from LVNHACK?
I always liked that guy and last I knew he was doing private contract work in the great sand box as a bomb sniffing / security dog handler. Last posted since August 2015 and it would be nice to at least know whether he made it home or not.
Yeah, he was one of my favorites. Got me primo seats to the Chiefs/Donx game in 2003.

While I haven't heard anything out of him in years, there's no reason to read anything into it. I think he just tired of the board and moved on. I certainly hope he is well.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:33 AM 09-24-2020
But yet they never resigned from their positions...
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:35 AM 09-24-2020
But yet they never resigned from their positions...
Several of us did. Are you thinking of one or two people in particular by chance?
[Reply]
Page 60 of 141
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110 > Last »
Up