ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 501 of 660
« First < 401451491497498499500501 502503504505511551601 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 12:24 AM 01-02-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Most elite fighters of whatever sort can work around having a faulty trainer...just as long as they have the sparring partners to push them.

Ronda Rousey just sucks, man... with women MMA becoming bigger/more mainstream....and it being a way for hot-headed tough chicks to make some money, we are going to see HUNDREDS of women who are better than Rousey, probably just in the next decade.
well, yeah. Cat Zingano likely would have beaten her if she hadn't given Rousey the clinch with that stupid charge.

Regardless, a lot of people think Edmond should not be working with UFC-level athletes.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:46 PM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by alnorth:
well, yeah. Cat Zingano likely would have beaten her if she hadn't given Rousey the clinch with that stupid charge.

Regardless, a lot of people think Edmond should not be working with UFC-level athletes.
Look at Travis Browne, he was beasting at Jackson/Wink, he went to Edmond and the rest is not good
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:54 PM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The womens division is evolving quick. Tate knew it was time to go to.

Very fast & just give it 5 more years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
alnorth 04:23 PM 01-06-2017
RDA has announced that the weight cut to 155 has become difficult for him, and he wants to move up to WW.

Here's this weekend's MMA schedule

Friday through Sunday

Not a God damn thing.

There are little local promotions in CT and St. Charles MO and something in the Philippines. Thats it for the entire world, no one wants to compete with NFL wild card weekend. Even next weekend, the UFC is waiting till Sunday night after the last playoff game for their show.
[Reply]
alnorth 05:33 PM 01-06-2017
This guy is the new matchmaker that the UFC hired 3 months ago.

Hey guys!!!! If you want to tell me how much I suck we should meet and talk about it

10541 Fm 1960 Road West, Houston, TX 77070

I'm here

— Mick Maynard (@Mickmaynard2) January 6, 2017

[Reply]
SAUTO 09:24 PM 01-06-2017
Low class
[Reply]
alnorth 04:39 PM 01-09-2017
Woodley vs Wonderboy 2 is confirmed for UFC 209
[Reply]
alnorth 11:38 PM 01-10-2017
Because he's been kinda crazy lately, Mark Hunt decided to file a lawsuit in Nevada against the UFC, Dana White, and Brock Lesnar, for either knowingly or being willfully reckless in allowing him to fight Lesnar while juiced. The amount he's asking for is unknown, but his lawyer said its in the millions.

It will likely be quickly dismissed.
[Reply]
alnorth 02:30 PM 01-13-2017
This weekend's schedule:

Friday

5pm - (Fightpass) - TKO 37. Minor promotion in Canada, never heard of anyone on the card. This card is enormous, with a whopping 19 matches, so I guess it'll go all night. So if you want to see some fights tonight, well here's some fights of unknown quality.

Saturday

7pm - (Fightpass) - Invicta FC 21. Its Invicta, you know what you are getting. Probably a lot of bad fights, but there are a few prospects who will likely make it to the UFC, given how shallow the women's divisions are. Of course, if the Patriot-Texans playoff game ends up being competitive, no one will see this event outside their families, the refs, and the judges. If the Patriots are blowing out the Texans, eh maybe I'll tune in.

Sunday

5:15 pm - (Fightpass/7pm FS1) - UFC Fight Night, Yair Rodriguez vs BJ Penn. The prelims begin right about when the FOX playoff game should be over, which is obviously not a coincidence. The FOX announcers for Dallas vs Green Bay will probably be instructing their viewers to switch over to FS1 at the end of the game over and over again through all 4 quarters. I'd say the card is roughly average for TV, with an interesting main event. Most of us obviously won't watch the prelims, but the last 2 or 3 fights will be after the Chief game.
[Reply]
kstater 04:31 PM 01-13-2017
McGregor/Mayweather talks are getting legs

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:49 PM 01-13-2017
I've heard Meryl Streep isn't a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
alnorth 08:15 PM 01-13-2017
Anderson Silva vs Derek Brunson has been added to 208. That helps the card quite a lot.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:36 PM 01-13-2017
woah, never saw that before. Main event of the Canada card, fighter drops his opponent, probably out when he hit the ground, goes down to start hitting him, all fine so far. The ref quickly decides to stop the fight, grabs him, and the fighter ignores him. 5 or 6 more punches to the head, finally the ref grabs his neck and hauls him back.

Ref goes to talk to people outside the cage, probably asking the commission what his options are, then promptly comes back in and DQ's the guy who got the knockout for unsportsmanlike conduct. If that ever happened in the UFC, Dana would cut the fighter immediately.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:37 PM 01-19-2017
This weekend, no UFC but pretty full:

Thursday

9pm - (Fightpass) - Combate Americas

Friday

9:30 pm - (Fightpass) Glory 37 Superfight Series (kickboxing)

Saturday

6pm - (Fightpass) Titan FC 43
8pm - (Spike) - Bellator 170, Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:40 PM 01-19-2017
Originally Posted by alnorth:
woah, never saw that before. Main event of the Canada card, fighter drops his opponent, probably out when he hit the ground, goes down to start hitting him, all fine so far. The ref quickly decides to stop the fight, grabs him, and the fighter ignores him. 5 or 6 more punches to the head, finally the ref grabs his neck and hauls him back.

Ref goes to talk to people outside the cage, probably asking the commission what his options are, then promptly comes back in and DQ's the guy who got the knockout for unsportsmanlike conduct. If that ever happened in the UFC, Dana would cut the fighter immediately.
That was fucking bullshit
[Reply]
Page 501 of 660
« First < 401451491497498499500501 502503504505511551601 > Last »
Up