ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stafford on the Trade block
Dante84 05:14 PM 01-23-2021
You gotta think Denver or Oakland would try and make it happen if they want to compete with KC and SD in the next 2 years.

And this from Detroit: pic.twitter.com/M0L46PzCw2

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 23, 2021

[Reply]
-King- 07:49 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I guess. Would DET take just Watson though? They can't offer picks to sweeten the deal. Would Watson allow himself to be traded to an even worse franchise?
Wait. You think in a scenario that watson and stafford are being traded for each other, it's the Texans that would have to sweeten the deal?
[Reply]
Coogs 07:54 PM 01-23-2021
He's never had a defense. Never had a complete offense. Never had the coaching. All those losses aren't on him alone.

He not only has a better arm (both talent and strength), he makes better reads pre-snap than Cousins (not sure Cousins actually can make pre-snap reads), processes better during the play, and has always been a better situational QB than Cousins. Flip them, Stafford/MIN and Cousins/DET. Stafford with a real defense, and more than one offensive weapon goes to the playoffs every year. Cousins is out of the league in two seasons.

EDIT: okay, may be not this year. MIN defense was pretty bad this season, I believe.
It's not like Stafford has never had the weapons on offense.Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Reggie Bush, Eric Ebron, and so on throughout his years there. Complete team? Maybe not. But it's not like he was surrounded by a jv team on offense either.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:59 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
OH SHIT.

I hadn't thought of that.

I bet Jerruh would jizz himself.

If I'm Stafford, I want to go to New England I think. Best bet to be a contender immediately.
I’d laugh if Jerruh did it and they weren’t better. LOL

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Everyone is saying New England. Why the fuck would he want to go there? They have dick for offensive weapons and Belichick is a huge asshole.

My guess is Indy or Dallas.
I came here to post this.

Originally Posted by staylor26:
If they want to trade #9 overall for a 33 year old QB that is frequently injured, then by all means...
I’m guessing their new guy doesn’t want a blockbuster trade to be his first move.
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:00 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Mahomes never won anything in college. See how stupid your argument is?
Damn...someone is a Stafford Fanboi. :-)

I stand by my opinion...as you can stand by yours.

Dude didnt win shit with arguably the best WR in the last few decades...

At some point, his immense QB talent would have won more than 5 games out of 51...thats one out of 10.

He's a stat whore with no real pelts on his wall....just like Rivers. Some players are just not clutch athletes....so much for making those around you better.

I guarantee you..whichever teams signs him will regret it.

Indy fans were excited about landing Rivers...and by seasons end...were saying the same shit everyone else already knew.

Stafford is what he is...and there is a reason Detroit is moving on.
[Reply]
-King- 08:01 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
What he is is a a lot better than Cousins.
Is he though? What makes him so much better other than stronger arm?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:06 PM 01-23-2021
I recognize qb talent when i see it. Put him on a good team he will be dangerous.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:07 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
It's not like Stafford has never had the weapons on offense.Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Reggie Bush, Eric Ebron, and so on throughout his years there. Complete team? Maybe not. But it's not like he was surrounded by a jv team on offense either.
Exactly why I use the word complete. Yes he’s had pieces, but he’s never had enough pieces. And he’s never had a defense. And it could easily be argued he never had the coaching.

Put it to you this way: if it had been Matt Stafford under center in Cincinnati all those years when Andy Dalton had one of the best defenses in the league and a prime AJ Green and running game, etc. Cincinnati probably wins some of those playoff games. Just on Matt Stafford‘s arm talent alone.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:15 PM 01-23-2021
Wow. Lions hired Anthony Lynn. WTF
[Reply]
Coogs 08:19 PM 01-23-2021
Exactly why I use the word complete. Yes he’s had pieces, but he’s never had enough pieces. And he’s never had a defense. And it could easily be argued he never had the coaching.

Put it to you this way: if it had been Matt Stafford under center in Cincinnati all those years when Andy Dalton had one of the best defenses in the league and a prime AJ Green and running game, etc. Cincinnati probably wins some of those playoff games. Just on Matt Stafford‘s arm talent alone.
Mahomes had no defense his first year. And little experience with one start under his belt. Yet he came within a Dee Ford brain fart of playing to be in his 3 straight Super Bowl tomorrow.

Not gonna buy Stafford has been held back by surrounding talent and coaching.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:20 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If they want to trade #9 overall for a 33 year old QB that is frequently injured, then by all means...
Well I would invite you to look at their QB carousel the last 5 years and then tell me if that’s better than trading that pick for Stafford.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:23 PM 01-23-2021
Mahomes had no defense his first year. And little experience with one start under his belt. Yet he came within a Dee Ford brain fart of playing for his 3 straight Super Bowl tomorrow.

Nobody is fucking saying he is Mahomes. Holy shit dude.

But he is better than a washed up Rivers or Cousins at any point in his career and better than what more than half the teams in the league are trotting out there on Sundays.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:25 PM 01-23-2021
Mahomes had no defense his first year. And little experience with one start under his belt. Yet he came within a Dee Ford brain fart of playing to be in his 3 straight Super Bowl tomorrow.

What? Are you seriously sitting there comparing Mahomes 2018 season two any season Matt Stafford has had in the NFL? How many weapons did Mahomes have in 2018? Who was his coach? Who was his running back?

Please tell me in what year did Matt Stafford Had any of those things?
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:29 PM 01-23-2021
Just keep him the hell out of Denver. Stafford with those receivers would be deadly.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 08:30 PM 01-23-2021
Stafford waited about 3 years too long to fly the coup. He now is just a very good stop gap.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:36 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Is he though? What makes him so much better other than stronger arm?
You can’t be serious :-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up