ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 420 of 3903
« First < 320370410416417418419420 4214224234244304705209201420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
J Diddy 01:04 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I heard eating handfuls of dirt can boost your immune system, you could try that. You’re welcome
I hear pig poop works too.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:05 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
One other idea is to maybe not order the complete shutdown of the entire economy.
What if you moved all the at-risk people and their caregivers into “gated communities” for 18 months then just let this thing run it’s course? It would certainly keep the economy going.

Like if you want to keep working at the old folks home, you have to move in to the old folks home. Nobody else gets in w/o a month long onsite quarantine off in some quarantine trailer somewhere. Cargo is defumigated or let sit for the required amount of time or w/e.

We make new gated communities for the olds not in homes, and younger people with comorbidties. Same rules. If you can work from home you can keep working. If not we’ll pay you a stipend. You can video chat with your friends and relatives.

It could be completely voluntary. If you want to live - go to the home for 18 months. You don’t have to get everyone. Just enough to keep the hospitals from overloading. I think once people start dying en masse and everyone knows someone they see clinging to life on a ventilator - you might get enough volunteers.

We’re going to have to start thinking outside the box on this one. As the economy tanks there’s going to be more and more pressure to let the 95% of the workforce who aren't at risk go out and save it. Also once people start dying en masse, you’ll have a lot more motivation from the at-risk groups to accept some form of true isolation.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:07 PM 03-18-2020
A girl who's bf has it showed up to work today the building is freaking out. Half of my class walked out lol
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 01:08 PM 03-18-2020
Pretty horrible week for me on this subject honestly.
Some of you might have read the story I told in the Virus Tales thread about my son getting out of his Dorm in New Rochelle the night before the National guard moved in.

My son apparently had the virus approx 2 weeks ago now.
A doctor looked at many students and staff at IONA pronouncing the ones that should self quarantine..no tests on hand.
My son was told to self quarantine in his room.
So after it had passed my son was symptom free for three days prior to coming home we all felt we should keep him on a leash for another week.
Its not easy to completely self quarantine your 20 yr old son in his room.
So there was a small amount of interaction.

All is fine until about 4 days ago when I noticed a light cough & my breathing became a bit shallow.
I ask my wife and other son does anybody have a cough or anything?
They did not.
But here I sit the guy in the house that never gets sick feeling a bit shitty hard to breathe..
So I begin to wonder if the news is right & my son would've been contagious for at least 7 days after being home & like I said we did keep our distance.

Then my cough turned into aches..then laziness.. I'm not a Napper...but nap I did.
My son rattled off in order how the symptoms came when they left which ones stayed the longest.
It happened just as he said.

So will my wife(55) get it or my youngest is the question & I could be contagious for 10 days After the symptoms pass.

I wanted to add like you hear on TV a lot... I'm not feeling THAT bad..the Aches suck..cough is a little annoying.

So my Dad passed a few months back & my mom(78) is alone in a house in the boon docks & we don't dare put in a visit or help at the moment.
& yes we find people if she needs something but still.
The rest of my family lives hours away.

Then there is the economy.
Like many I'm not even going to look up any stocks or my 401k I'm dumb founded how much I've lost as so many have.
Yeah a yr from now it could be back..we'll see.

Then there is my work manager of a Red lobster.
The decision to go to take out only is idiotic.
I'm not saying I disagree with Shutting down but to go to takeout.
My store had to decide who to layoff who to schedule.
Now were learning there just isn't enough takeout to bring in anyone(hourlies). As we suspected would be the case.
So this morning we put out a text/Email letting everyone know not to report in.
It'll be unemployment for most.. the 64 million dollar question..is this going to be for one month or four?
One? Thats fine lets get on with this and see what happens.
Four to six months and I'll be more than worried for a whole lot of people across the Nation/World.

Then there is looking at how the different people are handling this.
Not good not good at all.
My area is ridiculous.. I walk my dog usually at night 8 ish..and lately it felt like it was midnight.
No traffic..nobody walking...as were walking my boys and I'll try to spot curtains or blinds being peeked thru.as they look at us like zombies....its hysteria.
Again I'm not a the virus is fake guy...but seeing what its reduced so many too ..it blows my mind.

Again I ramble..but if not here then where?:-)

My wife kicked me out of the garage and told me to go lay the fuck down & rest drink fluids etc.. so here I sit and type..self quarantined in a county practically shutdown.

Oh & both my kids are home finishing their school yrs on the computers.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:08 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
What if you moved all the at-risk people and their caregivers into “gated communities” for 18 months then just let this thing run it’s course? It would certainly keep the economy going.

Like if you want to keep working at the old folks home, you have to move in to the old folks home. Nobody else gets in w/o a month long onsite quarantine off in some quarantine trailer somewhere. Cargo is defumigated or let sit for the required amount of time or w/e.

We make new gated communities for the olds not in homes, and younger people with comorbidties. Same rules. If you can work from home you can keep working. If not we’ll pay you a stipend. You can video chat with your friends and relatives.

It could be completely voluntary. If you want to live - go to the home for 18 months. You don’t have to get everyone. Just enough to keep the hospitals from overloading. I think once people start dying en masse and everyone knows someone they see clinging to life on a ventilator - you might get enough volunteers.

We’re going to have to start thinking outside the box on this one. As the economy tanks there’s going to be more and more pressure to let the 95% of the workforce who aren't at risk go out and save it. Also once people start dying en masse, you’ll have a lot more motivation from the at-risk groups to accept some form of true isolation.
There are lots of issues with the idea, but I still think there's at least some merit in the idea of letting otherwise healthy people voluntarily get it, quarantine themselves for a few weeks, and then move on with life. As someone who is under 40 and healthy, I think I'd take a 1 in 1000 chance of death in exchange for possibly being able to move around freely in a few weeks and not worry about infecting anyone.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:08 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
While true, we're not seeing many serious cases, while Italy is being overwhelmed by them. So it stands to reason that we still have far fewer cases, even if the difference probably isn't as great as the raw numbers make it seem.
This is why there needs to be more of a distinction between just "cases" of COVID-19 and cases of the virus that are serious and require hospitalization.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:12 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
easily googled. They are public stock companies. They have to disclose how they spent the money.

U.S. Airlines Spent 96% of Free Cash Flow on Buybacks

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...buybacks-chart
11 years of profits in a record bull market - but one bad month and they need a bailout.

Please preach to me though, Mr. CEO, how I am supposed to have a 6-month 'rainy day fund'.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:14 PM 03-18-2020

Coronavirus: Italy has highest daily COVID-19 deaths as 475 die https://t.co/oJ0F9Hxhx6

— Sky News (@SkyNews) March 18, 2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 01:14 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Right now cases per million people

Italy = 591
France = 118
United States = 23
Pete - go back and read your posts at the beginning of this thread. Realize you've been completely wrong about everything almost every day from the start. It's actually pretty impressive. You should be studied.

But maybe just not post for a few days and reevaluate things. You just gunk up this thread with your incessant wrongness.

I'm not even saying that as someone who normally hates your posting. I find it entertaining. And I feel bad because I think we should all try to be nice to each other right now. But come on dude. Maybe try to just learn and listen for a while. You don't always have to have an instant opinion on things.
[Reply]
Bwana 01:15 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by The Iron Chief:
Some of you might have read the story I told in the Virus Tales thread about my son getting out of his Dorm in New Rochelle the night before the National guard moved in.

A doctor looked at many students and staff at IONA pronouncing the ones that should self quarantine..no tests on hand.
So after it had passed my son was symptom free for three days prior to coming home we all felt we should keep him on a leash for another week.

All is fine until about 4 days ago when I noticed a light cough & my breathing became a bit shallow.
They did not.
But here I sit the guy in the house that never gets sick feeling a bit shitty hard to breathe..
So I begin to wonder if the news is right & my son would've been contagious for at least 7 days after being home & like I said we did keep our distance.

Then my cough turned into aches..then laziness.. I'm not a Napper...but nap I did.
My son rattled off in order how the symptoms came when they left which ones stayed the longest.

So will my wife(55) get it or my youngest is the question & I could be contagious for 10 days After the symptoms pass.

I wanted to add like you hear on TV a lot... I'm not feeling THAT bad..the Aches suck..cough is a little annoying.

So my Dad passed a few months back & my mom(78) is alone in a house in the boon docks & we don't dare put in a visit or help at the moment.

Like many I'm not even going to look up any stocks or my 401k I'm dumb founded how much I've lost as so many have.

Now were learning there just isn't enough takeout to bring in anyone(hourlies). As we suspected would be the case.
It'll be unemployment for most.. the 64 million dollar question..is this going to be for one month or four?
Four to six months and I'll be more than worried for a whole lot of people across the Nation/World.

My area is ridiculous.. I walk my dog usually at night 8 ish..and lately it felt like it was midnight.
No traffic..nobody walking...as were walking my boys and I'll try to spot curtains or blinds being peeked thru.as they look at us like zombies....its hysteria.
Again I'm not a the virus is fake guy...but seeing what its reduced so many too ..it blows my mind.

My wife kicked me out of the garage and told me to go lay the **** down & rest drink fluids etc.. so here I sit and type..self quarantined in a county practically shutdown.

Damn dude, I'm glad it didn't hit you any harder than it did. Hang in there.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 01:17 PM 03-18-2020
Gamestop isn't doing their employees any favors.
[Reply]
Donger 01:17 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by The Iron Chief:

They did not.

My wife kicked me out of the garage and told me to go lay the **** down & rest drink fluids etc.. so here I sit and type..self quarantined in a county practically shutdown.

I'm glad that you are pressing through it! But, I submit you gain the honor of having your UN changed to CP Patient Zero.

:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 01:18 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yet we have half the fatalities of France at this point.
That was my point but some want to focus on all the negative
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:19 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Yeah not good. For whatever reason they had a 4 day flatline in a new cases and a 3 day flatline in deaths.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:19 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Pete - go back and read your posts at the beginning of this thread. Realize you've been completely wrong about everything almost every day from the start. It's actually pretty impressive. You should be studied.

But maybe just not post for a few days and reevaluate things. You just gunk up this thread with your incessant wrongness.
Yeah, I have been so wrong yet the numbers seem to agree with just about everything I have said thus far.
[Reply]
Page 420 of 3903
« First < 320370410416417418419420 4214224234244304705209201420 > Last »
Up