ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 261 of 382
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271311361 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
TimBone 06:02 PM 01-29-2018
I've been meaning to ask if the halo finally got removed. Nice beer selection for the celebration!
[Reply]
TimBone 06:03 PM 01-29-2018
And that glassware is top notch.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:37 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I've been meaning to ask if the halo finally got removed. Nice beer selection for the celebration!
Figured I’d check off a long time want for the occasion. Turned out the biggest reason to celebrate were these swolled up traps I developed carrying around that extra 10lbs on my head for 4.5 months lol.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 07:12 PM 01-29-2018
I think it's time to update that list in the header.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:40 PM 01-31-2018
Maybe been mentioned because they are a Missouri brewery, but I really like the Revelation and Pacification stouts made by Public House out of St. James/Rolla.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:58 PM 02-01-2018
Looks like I'll be making a road trip to Toppling Goliath in March for Assassin. I've never had it, but its a top 20 beer on BeerAdvocate with a ton of hype.

We've recently started getting fresh, Decorah, IA brewed, Toppling Goliath hops delivered and they've been really good to great.
[Reply]
phisherman 01:41 PM 02-01-2018
As usual, I have struck out again. Any Toppling Goliath lottery, I should just stop trying.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:49 PM 02-01-2018
This is gonna sound odd, but...

For years, IPA's have been my go to beer. Several months back, I began getting severely congested every time I drank. Now I'm miserable any time I drink an IPA. Have switched exclusively to stouts/porters/browns, which I had never been a fan of before.

With all that said, can you guys recommend some beers for me to try?

Stuff I've had so far that I like:

BCS (obviously)
4 Hands Chocolate Milk Stout and Absence of Light
Deschutes Black Butte Porter and Obsidian Stout
Founders Lizard of Koz
Public House Revelation and Pacification Stouts
Dogfish Indian Brown
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:29 PM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:

For years, IPA's have been my go to beer. Several months back, I began getting severely congested every time I drank. Now I'm miserable any time I drink an IPA. Have switched exclusively to stouts/porters/browns, which I had never been a fan of before.

BCS (obviously)
Founders Lizard of Koz
Dogfish Indian Brown
Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate (so smooth and delicious)
ODell Jolly Russian (if you can find it)
New Holland Dragon's Milk (not as good as BCS, but still pretty damn good)
Great Divide Yeti (Chocolate and Espresso are both excellent)
Southern Tier Choklat (well, anything by Southern Tier)
Ballast Point Victory at Sea (not 100% sure they distribute in MO)
Epic Big Bad Baptist (I found out this past summer they distribute in KS, not sure if they've made it to MO)
Firestone Walker Parabola
Prairie Artisan Ales BA Bomb! (or regular Bomb!)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=3701
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:59 PM 02-01-2018

BCS (obviously)
Founders Lizard of Koz
Dogfish Indian Brown
Ive heard that about IPA's, you're not alone. They give me pretty bad heartburn but I still drink them.

I'll have to disagree with Bearcat's Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout, the chocolate in it tasted very "imitation" to me but the SS Oatmeal stout is one of the best beers I've ever had. I will second his Ballast Point Victory at Sea, its great and is sold in MO...at least here in Springfield anyway.

Founder's Breakfast Stout is one of my all-time favorites...if you like a coffee stout I haven't found one better but Victory at Sea is close. If you want something really strong I'd recommend New Holland's Dragon's Milk, Bell's Expedition Stout and North Coast Old Rasputin.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:15 PM 02-01-2018

BCS (obviously)
Founders Lizard of Koz
Dogfish Indian Brown
That sucks, my brother has a minor version of what you describe as well. Do Double IPA's do this to you as well?

Anyway -

Samuel Smiths Taddy Porter is one of the best porters you can buy in my opinion.

Bur Oak - Boon County Brown is good, I assume you can get that in your area.

North Coast - Old Rasputin Imperial Russian Stout is freaking fantastic. (edit: didn't see already mentioned but yea X2)

How do Belgian beers treat you?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:18 PM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate (so smooth and delicious)
ODell Jolly Russian (if you can find it)
New Holland Dragon's Milk (not as good as BCS, but still pretty damn good)
Great Divide Yeti (Chocolate and Espresso are both excellent)
Southern Tier Choklat (well, anything by Southern Tier)
Ballast Point Victory at Sea (not 100% sure they distribute in MO)
Epic Big Bad Baptist (I found out this past summer they distribute in KS, not sure if they've made it to MO)
Firestone Walker Parabola
Prairie Artisan Ales BA Bomb! (or regular Bomb!)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=3701
Thanks!

Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Ive heard that about IPA's, you're not alone. They give me pretty bad heartburn but I still drink them.

I'll have to disagree with Bearcat's Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout, the chocolate in it tasted very "imitation" to me but the SS Oatmeal stout is one of the best beers I've ever had. I will second his Ballast Point Victory at Sea, its great and is sold in MO...at least here in Springfield anyway.

Founder's Breakfast Stout is one of my all-time favorites...if you like a coffee stout I haven't found one better but Victory at Sea is close. If you want something really strong I'd recommend New Holland's Dragon's Milk, Bell's Expedition Stout and North Coast Old Rasputin.
I had a sample of Victory at Sea the other night at Mellow Mushroom. Wasn't a fan, which I found odd considering it seems to be a universal favorite.

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
That sucks, my brother has a minor version of what you describe as well. Do Double IPA's do this to you as well?

Anyway -

Samuel Smiths Taddy Porter is one of the best porters you can buy in my opinion.

Bur Oak - Boon County Brown is good, I assume you can get that in your area.

North Coast - Old Rasputin Imperial Russian Stout is freaking fantastic. (edit: didn't see already mentioned but yea X2)

How do Belgian beers treat you?
Doubles kill me as well, I passed on Hopslam this year because of it. I don't drink Belgians very often.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:07 AM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by phisherman:
As usual, I have struck out again. Any Toppling Goliath lottery, I should just stop trying.
I don't know the right answer, but it is frustrating reading about all the people who enter and win but have no real intention of attending.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 08:10 AM 02-02-2018
There's a LOT of great brewery's that are fairly new that don't distribute yet. Some of the best beer I've had is from places like Cerberus in Colorado Springs and Dead Armadillo from Tulsa. Neither one distributes yet.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 08:16 AM 02-02-2018

BCS (obviously)
Founders Lizard of Koz
Dogfish Indian Brown
Belching Beaver Peanut butter chocolate stout is very similar to that 4 hands chocolate milk stout, just with peanut butter.

Boulder Beer shake is very good.
[Reply]
Page 261 of 382
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271311361 > Last »
Up