ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1463 of 3903
« First < 46396313631413145314591460146114621463 146414651466146714731513156319632463 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Great8 08:36 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes.
Well played
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:36 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Draconian? Strong word when people are dying by the thousands out there.

Just curious how many lives do you think were saved by social distancing?
The point is that the aim is social distancing, and you are hung up on essentiality. They're not the same thing.

If it helps people cope with quarantine measures without violating quarantine aims, then who cares if they use the label 'essential' when they allow it. It's HELPING to REALIZE the PURPOSE.

Even sporadic boundary-pushing, such as some people here and there jogging a little to close together, is likely preferable to fomenting and growing resistance and revolt with overly stringent measures that aren't helping realize the purpose, such as no outdoor movement or home improvement purchases.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:37 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The WWE is running with no fans so how is that helping the state?
That answer is political so, cant answer in this thread.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:37 AM 04-17-2020
Depends on what?
Variables.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:39 AM 04-17-2020
I have injured his feelings.
Nah just pointing out the selective enforcement. You couldn't hurt my feelings, you can't even handle the other forum.
[Reply]
Donger 08:39 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Variables.
Such as?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:40 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Nah just pointing out the selective enforcement. You couldn't hurt my feelings, you can't even handle the other forum.

He has made more political “non political” posts than probably anyone.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:42 AM 04-17-2020
Such as?
Bored as I am, I'm not bored enough to indulge your spectrum disorder. Deal with it yourself.
[Reply]
Donger 08:42 AM 04-17-2020
Bored as I am, I'm not bored enough to indulge your spectrum disorder. Deal with it yourself.
There's nothing to deal with, it seems.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:43 AM 04-17-2020
The point is that the aim is social distancing, and you are hung up on essentiality. They're not the same thing.

If it helps people cope with quarantine measures without violating quarantine aims, then who cares if they use the label 'essential' when they allow it. It's HELPING to REALIZE the PURPOSE.

Even sporadic boundary-pushing, such as some people here and there jogging a little to close together, is likely preferable to fomenting and growing resistance and revolt with overly stringent measures that aren't helping realize the purpose, such as no outdoor movement or home improvement purchases.
I'm not hung up on anything. I was posting the 'essential' merely to JOKE and LAUGH about it.. You are taking my posts about the subject way too seriously. I really don't care how they use that word.

If I'm serious about an issue, and others on here can attest to this, trust me, you'll know.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:43 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I don't go to the other forum because I heed this advice...

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:44 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
He has made more political “non political” posts than probably anyone.
That, and he's one of the vocal ones about the 'dick-sucking political posting assholes,' and all the impotent hate and disdain he holds for them.

But yeah, everyone else are the emotional ones.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:45 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Exercise is not an essential activity?
I've been walking around my neighborhood since March. I live by the beaches. Never went to the beaches to exercise. Exercise at the beach is not essential. This isnt about us locals. You, me and everyone else knows what this is about, tourism $'s. There are legitimate financial reasons to open the beaches. Lets not pretend its for locals to exercise.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:45 AM 04-17-2020
I don't go to the other forum because I heed this advice...
Good for you just keep your political BS out of this thread. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:46 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I'm not hung up on anything. I was posting the 'essential' merely to JOKE and LAUGH about it.. You are taking my posts about the subject way too seriously. I really don't care how they use that word.

If I'm serious about an issue, and others on here can attest to this, trust me you'll know.
You're doing a little more than that. Every post you've made on this carries a subtext that extending the concept of 'essential' to fit the actual current situation is some kind of failing.

Maybe you don't intend to. Maybe you honestly don't see it, but you come across a lot more 'serious' and critical than your protestations here merit.

Mean, you complained about the evolution of the term, . . . then broke out the 'it's a ***king joke' followed by a dictionary reference to make your point.
[Reply]
Page 1463 of 3903
« First < 46396313631413145314591460146114621463 146414651466146714731513156319632463 > Last »
Up