ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 382
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Phobia 12:27 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Lagunitas is my current favorite brewery. Everything I've tried from them has been amazing.
Lagunitas is definitely good but there is a very distinctive hoppy flavor to everything they do. I'm a fan but sometimes I can't tell the difference from one of their offerings to the next.

I'm a huge Avery fan. The Rev is probably in my all-time top 5.
[Reply]
NewChief 04:55 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Lagunitas is definitely good but there is a very distinctive hoppy flavor to everything they do. I'm a fan but sometimes I can't tell the difference from one of their offerings to the next.

Avery IPA has taken our town by storm. Seems like every good beer bar has it on tap and is pimping the hell out of it.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:18 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
local pub has Founders' Breakfast Stout, Canadian Breakfast Stout, and Kentucky Breakfast Stout coming up, but the prices are ridiculous...

also has Southern Tier's Pumking next week, which I've yet to try
All worth the price.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:17 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
local pub has Founders' Breakfast Stout, Canadian Breakfast Stout, and Kentucky Breakfast Stout coming up, but the prices are ridiculous...

also has Southern Tier's Pumking next week, which I've yet to try

tried sierra nevada torpeda and liked it but wasn't blown away
had a shipyard xxxx ipa and liked it a bunch...just a sucker for double ipa
I was disappointed by Sierra Nevada's Torpedo IPA. Most of what I've tried from Sierra has been quite excellent. Their Harvest/Estate series is outstanding, and they make the best barley wine (Bigfoot) I've tried.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:20 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Avery IPA has taken our town by storm. Seems like every good beer bar has it on tap and is pimping the hell out of it.
Avery is an excellent brewery. You should try their Maharaja Imperial IPA, and pretty much anything else you see from them. I'm looking forward to their Old Jubilation, which is their Christmas ale.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:22 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Phobia:

You should try the Doppel Weizen that Lagunitas has out now, which is their September beer. Great, great beer. I know what you are talking about on Lagunitas with the hops (doesn't bother me as much), but if you try their stout offerings, you'll not be disappointed.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:23 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I'm still waiting on a stout called Abyss, from Deschutes, an Oregon brewery. The distribution map shows that it is still "coming soon" to Kansas and Missouri. Has anyone out there tried it? The write up has me anxious to sample it.
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Deschutes is another great brewery. Enjoyed everything I've tried from them. Hop in the Dark is a great dark IPA.
I haven't tried Abyss yet, but I'll see if I can find it and let you know how it is.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:17 PM 11-13-2011
Drinking the Chocolate Bock now.... before tonight I hadn't tried the 3 on the right or the porter. Favorite time of the year for beer. :-)

[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:30 PM 11-13-2011
Probably already been mentioned but I tried an IPA on tap called Shipwrecked. Delicious
[Reply]
Silock 10:49 PM 11-13-2011
I love pretty much ANY IPA.

Question: I had some Kona Pipeline Porter at the EPCOT food and wine festival two weeks ago. So fucking good. Where can I get it around KC?
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:01 PM 11-13-2011
Originally Posted by Silock:

Question: I had some Kona Pipeline Porter at the EPCOT food and wine festival two weeks ago. So fucking good. Where can I get it around KC?
You can't.
[Reply]
Silock 02:50 PM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
You can't.
Motherfuck. You sure? They were selling it in bottles there, but no way was I going to pay $6/bottle for it.
[Reply]
Reaper16 03:07 PM 11-15-2011
Motherfuck. You sure? They were selling it in bottles there, but no way was I going to pay $6/bottle for it.
Yup. Positive. Kona doesn't distribute to any state that borders MO. Texas might be the closest state with Kona distribution.
[Reply]
Silock 03:49 PM 11-15-2011
Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
[Reply]
DMAC 03:52 PM 11-15-2011
Big ditto for me. I am a pretty regular buyer of Lakefront's IPA.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 382
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Up