ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Media Center>matrix 4 sux
Hammock Parties 12:44 AM 02-23-2020

[Reply]
007 06:40 PM 12-25-2021
It's OK. But not worth going to the theater for. Glad I streamed it.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 06:40 PM 12-25-2021
Matrix 4 is garbage.
[Reply]
notorious 08:02 PM 12-25-2021
Finished it.

It sucked overall. Not ever going to watch again, and I will never refer someone to it.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:26 PM 12-25-2021
From everything I've read and seen here, I'll take a hard pass. Had little to no interest in to begin with considering how shitty the second and third installments were.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:01 PM 12-25-2021
Another thing, when Neo became self aware that he's in the Matrix you'd believe his mental projection of his digital self be in his prime and not late 50's John Wick
[Reply]
Rausch 10:12 PM 12-25-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
From everything I've read and seen here, I'll take a hard pass. Had little to no interest in to begin with considering how shitty the second and third installments were.
It was everything I worried about. Everything.

To me there are two positives and I think they're worth mentioning in this exhibit of "You can never go home again."

1) Threnody felt like she left the set of Matrix 3 and did this one. Her character felt natural and her fight scenes were good enough. She looked like a 60 year old who knew kung fu. She walked right back into that character like no time had passed.

2) Not-angry-blue-haired-feminist did a good job. Her character was not one I felt like I would have been praising going into this but she tried damn it, she tried. I think the woman who played that character is a good actress and I'd happily watch her in something not the Matrix.

Them fight scenes tho - ugh. It reminded me of Iron Fist. That bad and un-natural. In fact most of the fight scenes looked like ass to me so I'll place none of that blame on her.

Honorable mention: I think Neil Patrick Harris and "Not Agent Smith" could have both been good antagonists if not for really bad writing. They both had moments that teased a better movie might happen and then....nope.

Everything else in every way was bad. All of it. I almost quit watching this POS after 20 mintues and only held out because I thought it might hit MST3000 levels of bad and become a new generational meme.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:16 PM 12-25-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
5/10

At times comes off like a low budget straight to dvd movie. .
This is no joke. The first 20 minutes had the production value of a made for TV movie. It didn't even fit with the rest of the flick.

I really wonder if the entire first 1/3rd of this POS was a re-shoot after the first try was even worse...
[Reply]
Nirvana58 09:21 PM 12-26-2021
The movie was terrible. It is almost like they were trying to break the 4th wall and wink at the camera about how bad this movie is.

I really can't explain how this got a 60% on rotten tomatoes. This is Ghostbusters all girls reboot bad.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:19 AM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
The movie was terrible. It is almost like they were trying to break the 4th wall and wink at the camera about how bad this movie is.

I really can't explain how this got a 60% on rotten tomatoes. This is Ghostbusters all girls reboot bad.
I'd argue worse because the talent that made the OG trilogy was there.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:14 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:

I dont get why everyone hated Ghostbusters 2016 (female cast) so much. It was funnier than Ghostbusters afterlife. Both werent amazing movies but they really dropped the ball in afterlife by not having the mom and Paul Rudds character being more the focus. The kids were total duds.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:17 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I dont get why everyone hated Ghostbusters 2016 (female cast) so much. It was funnier than Ghostbusters afterlife. Both werent amazing movies but they really dropped the ball in afterlife by not having the mom and Paul Rudds character being more the focus. The kids were total duds.
The worst form of "comedy" is the Paul Feig style of "just ad-lib for 30 seconds, and we'll roll with the funny bits". That was pretty much GB 2016.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:23 AM 12-28-2021
It's almost like it's a meme to hate this movie.

It just goes to show how hard it is to bring something back. Fans will never be happy.
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:41 AM 12-28-2021
I watched this last night... and yeah.. it sucked.

I think it had a lot of potential in storyline, but they went a different direction than I was hoping for. The romantic aspect was just garbage, and the fight scenes were incredibly dumb.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:42 AM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Bad writing. The former was pure cringe and the latter relied on the JJ Abrams, aka "memberberry" approach (sans lens flares). In both cases, terrible ad-lib "comedy", and pandering to nostalgia, they were merely trying to cover up the fact that the writing was dog shit.

That is ultimately the issue with modern "blockbusters": terrible writing, gimmicks to try to cover it up, then blame the audience for their(film maker's) own failings.

I guess I shouldn't limit that to only movies, as that applies in spades as well to pretty much all modern entertainment, from TV to streaming services and video games. Our escapist outlets have been decimated by a dearth of competent writers.

Opposite end of the spectrum from GB'16 & Matrix 4, you have shows like Arcane. Exceptionally well written and executed. The visual style is also exceptional, but it is not what makes the show great: the WRITING does! Actual character development. Rational motivation established. A plot that moves the story forward and engages the audience because they actually care about the characters. That's good writing right there...and it is unfortunately rare these days.

Or maybe it's just what modern audiences want. Mindless throw-away fluff that's instantly forgettable...a sort of "fast food" form of entertainment. Yuck. No thanks.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:20 AM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Bad writing. The former was pure cringe and the latter relied on the JJ Abrams, aka "memberberry" approach (sans lens flares). In both cases, terrible ad-lib "comedy", and pandering to nostalgia, they were merely trying to cover up the fact that the writing was dog shit.

That is ultimately the issue with modern "blockbusters": terrible writing, gimmicks to try to cover it up, then blame the audience for their(film maker's) own failings.

I guess I shouldn't limit that to only movies, as that applies in spades as well to pretty much all modern entertainment, from TV to streaming services and video games. Our escapist outlets have been decimated by a dearth of competent writers.

Opposite end of the spectrum from GB'16 & Matrix 4, you have shows like Arcane. Exceptionally well written and executed. The visual style is also exceptional, but it is not what makes the show great: the WRITING does! Actual character development. Rational motivation established. A plot that moves the story forward and engages the audience because they actually care about the characters. That's good writing right there...and it is unfortunately rare these days.

Or maybe it's just what modern audiences want. Mindless throw-away fluff that's instantly forgettable...a sort of "fast food" form of entertainment. Yuck. No thanks.
Ugh..do I really have to watch a cartoon?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up