ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 294 of 324
« First < 194244284290291292293294 295296297298304 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
tredadda 08:50 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
5 turnovers in a row for Tampa, followed by a pretty quick punt as well. 6 straight really bad drives for the Bucs, lol
Yeah the defense did their job as much as could be expected. Hard to pin that loss on them.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:56 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol

How about DAL? Gave up 27 in the 2nd half against JAX. Had a 14 pt lead at the half.
At least they were playing a team that doesn't completely suck
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:57 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Yeah, but Burrow had four TDs while throwing for 200 yards. Didn’t Tampa have 4-5 turnovers in the second half giving the Bengals great field position? Not a good example there.
The minutiae is irrelevant. The point is, they stopped scoring. TB had a 14 point lead at the half, similar to how the Chiefs had a double-digit lead in the AFCCG, but their top-10 defense couldn't win the game for them in the second half, could they? Their offense stopped scoring, and CIN came back and beat them. Period.

The argument i've always made since the AFCCG has always been the offense has to keep scoring, and I don't care how great that defense is in this modern pass-happy NFL. it's just not a thing.

The rules are just stacked too far in favor of the offenses. KC lost the AFCCG last year because the offense collapsed and stopped scoring, period. They had at least three separate opportunities to score TDs and failed to execute. That's how the Chiefs lost that game. Not "the defense didn't hold them down for an entire half like they were supposed to."

Anyway, that's my two cents. Carry on
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:06 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
one thing not being talked about is jones illness

i don't think he was close to 100% today and it had a huge impact on the pass rush

in a league where dallas narrowly beat the texans last week and the eagles almost lost to the bears today, i'm not splitting hairs over what amounted to giving up 17 on defense

pacheco doesn't fumble and juju doesn't fumble you're probably talking about a chiefs blowout

They definitely gotta stop turning the ball over. 9 times outta 10, we are own worse enemy so many self inflicted wounds
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:11 PM 12-18-2022
we gave up 4.4 yards per pass and 3.4 yards per rush

in any week, against any opponent, that is a dominant performance

stop turning the fucking ball over and stop drawing cheffers
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:13 PM 12-18-2022
we gave up 4.4 yards per pass and 3.4 yards per rush

in any week, against any opponent, that is a dominant performance

stop turning the ****ing ball over and stop drawing cheffers
I have ZERO idea why Chief Fan thinks our defense was bad today. It defies explanation.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:20 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
At least they were playing a team that doesn't completely suck
The team that KC beat easily a few weeks ago? What’s your point?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:22 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I have ZERO idea why Chief Fan thinks our defense was bad today. It defies explanation.
I don’t know if anybody here is even saying that, but allowing three TDs vs the Texans isn’t exactly great. They need to be better in the red zone. I’d hate to know what the red zone efficiency is by the last three opponents. They all basically scored every time they made it to the red zone. And two of those offenses are garbage.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:31 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The minutiae is irrelevant. The point is, they stopped scoring. TB had a 14 point lead at the half, similar to how the Chiefs had a double-digit lead in the AFCCG, but their top-10 defense couldn't win the game for them in the second half, could they? Their offense stopped scoring, and CIN came back and beat them. Period.

The argument i've always made since the AFCCG has always been the offense has to keep scoring, and I don't care how great that defense is in this modern pass-happy NFL. it's just not a thing.

The rules are just stacked too far in favor of the offenses. KC lost the AFCCG last year because the offense collapsed and stopped scoring, period. They had at least three separate opportunities to score TDs and failed to execute. That's how the Chiefs lost that game. Not "the defense didn't hold them down for an entire half like they were supposed to."

Anyway, that's my two cents. Carry on
Agreed. I have never pinned the AFCCG on the defense. Now the TB defense didn’t hold the lead this game primarily because Brady and to a small part the STs did everything they could to lose that game. Had the Bucs offense been even remotely competent there’s a good chance we are celebrating a Bengals loss. Look at how bad Cincy looked in the first half.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:48 PM 12-18-2022
I'm sorry but they've let 2 absolutely shit teams pillage us to season highs in points. This redzone defense is NOT sustainable to win a title. They haven't been able to stop anyone from 7s.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:49 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I don’t know if anybody here is even saying that, but allowing three TDs vs the Texans isn’t exactly great. They need to be better in the red zone. I’d hate to know what the red zone efficiency is by the last three opponents. They all basically scored every time they made it to the red zone. And two of those offenses are garbage.
Chiefs are last in the NFL in redzone defense
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:53 PM 12-18-2022
redzone defense isn't a sustainable statistic anyway

this is about turnovers and penalties, not redzone defense
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:23 PM 12-18-2022
redzone defense isn't a sustainable statistic anyway

this is about turnovers and penalties, not redzone defense
Disagree. It's a serious issue.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:26 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Disagree. It's a serious issue.
shrug

we have rookie corners and no defensive ends

turnovers and penalties
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:28 PM 12-18-2022
wow

Lol damn Ryan said Fuck the rest of y’all �� i get it tho. We suck. I understand https://t.co/3uqowfeplg

— Sir Binky Moss (@khalenNOTkaylen) December 19, 2022

[Reply]
Page 294 of 324
« First < 194244284290291292293294 295296297298304 > Last »
Up