ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
The Lounge>Whos your fave Christian rapper of all time?
loochy 08:05 AM 04-15-2019
Whos your fave?


LeCrae

Andy Mineo

Trip Lee

NF

KB

Tedashii
[Reply]
stevieray 08:24 AM 04-15-2019
None.

No different than Christian "metal".

You don't become the world to reach the world.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:37 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
None.

No different than Christian "metal".

You don't become the world to reach the world.
Music is music. Even the sacred hymns drew musical inspiration from the common songs of their day.

It's the lyrical content that sets true Christian music apart and there is certainly good Christian music out there today. You won't hear it unless you seek it out because the stuff being played in churches is pretty watered down...
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:38 AM 04-15-2019
ODB
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:38 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Whos your fave?


LeCrae

Andy Mineo

Trip Lee

NF

KB

Tedashii
I don't like rap music but I have a lot of respect for Andy Mineo. Also, I enjoyed reading the forward Lecraa wrote for one of Nancy Pearcy's books on apologetics.
[Reply]
nychief 08:39 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Music is music. Even the sacred hymns drew musical inspiration from the common songs of their day.

It's the lyrical content that sets true Christian music apart and there is certainly good Christian music out there today. You won't hear it unless you seek it out because the stuff being played in churches is pretty watered down...
Counterpoint: Christian music sucks cock.
[Reply]
loochy 08:49 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
Counterpoint: Christian music sucks cock.
Why?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:50 AM 04-15-2019
2pac
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:55 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
Counterpoint: Christian music sucks cock.
:-)

Such intellectual enlightenment.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:26 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
None.

No different than Christian "metal".

You don't become the world to reach the world.
Just curious do you feel that way about all Christian rock and the like?
[Reply]
MTG#10 10:30 AM 04-15-2019
Ma$e. He's a preacher now, does that count?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:31 AM 04-15-2019
Saran Wrap's holiday patterns are my favorite....oh wait...misread the thread title.
[Reply]
ChiefsLV 10:32 AM 04-15-2019
I have sacred beliefs when it comes to rappers. I'd like to impose those beliefs on y'all's but if you start to criticize, I may take offense that you don't accept my beliefs, traditions, and culture.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:38 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's the lyrical content that sets true Christian music apart and there is certainly good Christian music out there today.
:-)

I haven't heard much of today's CM but have a good collection from the mid 90's-early 2000's and couldn't agree more.
[Reply]
Superturtle 10:42 AM 04-15-2019
I imagine God must be hating life from about 9 to 12 on Sundays. Just a bunch of incessant offkey singing about how glorious he is and how his son killed himself. Fun times.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up