ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
The Lounge>Whos your fave Christian metal band of all time?
Deberg_1990 09:56 AM 04-13-2019
Whos your fave?


Skillet

Red

Thousand Foot Krutch

Demon Hunter

P.O.D

Disciple

Stryper

Flyleaf

Creed
[Reply]
Third Eye 07:57 PM 04-14-2019
I couldnít stand them, but kinda surprised no one mentioned Chevelle.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:03 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I couldnít stand them, but kinda surprised no one mentioned Chevelle.
Are they officially a Christian Band?
[Reply]
Third Eye 08:05 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Are they officially a Christian Band?
I mean, Iím not sure if they are card carrying members in the club or whatever, but they came up on a Christian label and have Christian lyrics.
[Reply]
Third Eye 08:18 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I mean, Iím not sure if they are card carrying members in the club or whatever, but they came up on a Christian label and have Christian lyrics.
For the record, thatís a club that would definitely not allow me as a member, so maybe Iím not the best judge of these things. Iíve always considered to be a Christian band though.
[Reply]
eDave 08:20 PM 04-14-2019
Only one I've seen is Red. Crowd wasn't very Christian though.
[Reply]
loochy 08:23 PM 04-14-2019
I like Samwell.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:38 PM 04-14-2019
Anal Cunt, often times censored to AC or AxCx, is another wholesome band worthy of representation in this thread.
[Reply]
banecat 09:37 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
Anal Cunt, often times censored to AC or AxCx, is another wholesome band worthy of representation in this thread.
True. And I can't believe Cannibal Corpse wasn't mentioned
[Reply]
banecat 09:38 PM 04-14-2019
Pillar isn't bad
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:50 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
True. And I can't believe Cannibal Corpse wasn't mentioned
I never got into death metal, but I did like Cannibal Corpse and Monstrosity when I was younger
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:19 PM 04-14-2019
Black Sabbath was a Christian band...for anyone who has actually read the bible and understood it.

They get my vote...

Gen'rals gathered in their masses,
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction,
Sorcerer of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning,
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind,
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
Oh Lord yeah
Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role for the poor, yeah
Time will tell on their power minds,
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess,
Wait 'till their judgement day comes, yeah
Now in darkness world stops turning,
Ashes where the bodies burning
No more War Pigs have the power,
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees the war pigs crawling,
Begging mercies for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
Oh Lord yeah

How is that not Christian?

Oh..and listening to Creed will turn any non-believer straight to Satan. No God worth a shit would allow that bile to exist to represent him...
[Reply]
eDave 11:27 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

Oh..and listening to Creed will turn any non-believer straight to Satan. No God worth a shit would allow that bile to exist to represent him...
Those guys were posers. Just taking advantage of an emerging market in Christian rock. Which ended up all sounding like Coldplay now.

And that lead singer guy was messed up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:22 AM 04-15-2019
1. Stryper is better now than they were in the 80's. Their last 3 albums are pretty heavy and very, very good. Took my daughter to see them last May and they were great live.

2. The Christian metal scene right now is better than it has ever been. I've been writing mini-reviews for a while now and working with a couple of record labels on hyping product. I love the grass roots nature of what's going on right now and there's so many good bands, especially extreme metal.

As for my favorites, I love Phinehas and Impending Doom, Temple of Perdition, and Signum Regis quite a bit. Those are my favorites.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:22 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Black Sabbath was a Christian band...for anyone who has actually read the bible and understood it.

They get my vote...

Gen'rals gathered in their masses,
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction,
Sorcerer of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning,
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind,
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
Oh Lord yeah
Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role for the poor, yeah
Time will tell on their power minds,
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess,
Wait 'till their judgement day comes, yeah
Now in darkness world stops turning,
Ashes where the bodies burning
No more War Pigs have the power,
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees the war pigs crawling,
Begging mercies for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
Oh Lord yeah

How is that not Christian?

Oh..and listening to Creed will turn any non-believer straight to Satan. No God worth a shit would allow that bile to exist to represent him...
Go read the lyrics to After Forever.

They were certainly Christian-educated.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:23 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Only one I've seen is Red. Crowd wasn't very Christian though.
That's actually the point of it all. :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up