ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk CB's
Couch-Potato 07:43 AM 03-27-2019
Kiper has us taking Greedy Williams in the 1st, who else is worth a look at CB in the early rounds?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/in...tions-rankings
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:48 PM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Uh, Nelson is going to be starting in Pittsburgh.
Good for them. Glad it's not here.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:15 AM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Good for them. Glad it's not here.
Well yeah, but that's not back up salary.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:33 AM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Greedy, Murphy, and Baker are the only ones Iíd even consider in the 1st.

Ya-Sin, Layne, Williams, Love, Mullen, Amani and maybe Bunting in the 2nd.

I like your list and add an Oruwariye in the 2nd.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:37 AM 03-29-2019
In terms of immediate help, like as in 2019 starter, I think safety, possibly LB, or a DE that would rotate in the Okafor/Speaks and possibly Kpass stew make the most sense in round one. Corners you're going to need at least one to develop as Fuller/Breeland are up after the season, so I think the second round is where you'd nab one.

of course it depends on how the board falls. Either way you need to come out of the second round with a safety, a corner, and a DE I think. Depending on the rest of free agency.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:38 AM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Uh, Nelson is going to be starting in Pittsburgh.
Do we play Pittsburgh this year? I'd love to watch Mahomes torch that little fucker all day.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:12 PM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Well yeah, but that's not back up salary.
That was my whole freaking point. If guys like Nelson can get starting jobs and that much money, good CBs aren't going to be that easy to find.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:15 PM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That was my whole freaking point. If guys like Nelson can get starting jobs and that much money, good CBs aren't going to be that easy to find.
Good for you, I guess? That does nothing to dispel the fact that you don't have to constantly churn picks to keep the depth chart replenished, because reserve guys are still affordable.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:17 PM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That was my whole freaking point. If guys like Nelson can get starting jobs and that much money, good CBs aren't going to be that easy to find.
AND-we have our starting 3. We need rotational/developmental guys; probably to take over at least one of those top 3 spots in 2020.

So one of the top 3 picks certainly, but that guy doesn't have to be a lock-down sure-fire #1 corner on day one.
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 AM 04-02-2019
Why do we not like the Mullen kid from Clemson?

Damn, he looks really smooth. I don't think he's a legit #1 guy but he could be a really good CB.

If he were to be close to our 2nd, i'd see if I could trade up a bit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:21 AM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
AND-we have our starting 3. We need rotational/developmental guys; probably to take over at least one of those top 3 spots in 2020.

So one of the top 3 picks certainly, but that guy doesn't have to be a lock-down sure-fire #1 corner on day one.
Yep.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:22 AM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Good for you, I guess? That does nothing to dispel the fact that you don't have to constantly churn picks to keep the depth chart replenished, because reserve guys are still affordable.
The whole point is that if you hit on one of those picks, you stop the churn.

If you're depending on free agency for both reserves AND starters (which is what the Chiefs are currently doing), the churn will never stop.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:41 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The whole point is that if you hit on one of those picks, you stop the churn.

If you're depending on free agency for both reserves AND starters (which is what the Chiefs are currently doing), the churn will never stop.
The churn never stops.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
The churn never stops.
It doesn't have to happen every single year, though. It can be temporarily stunted by drafting guys.

Look, I get it. You hate this CB class and nothing anybody says is going to sway you. That doesn't mean taking a corner out of this class is a bad idea. You just don't like it.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:41 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Why do we not like the Mullen kid from Clemson?

Damn, he looks really smooth. I don't think he's a legit #1 guy but he could be a really good CB.

If he were to be close to our 2nd, i'd see if I could trade up a bit.
Iíve said it before but heís like the forgotten corner in this class. I donít think heís far behind Baker and I still have him above Layne.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:51 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It doesn't have to happen every single year, though. It can be temporarily stunted by drafting guys.

Look, I get it. You hate this CB class and nothing anybody says is going to sway you. That doesn't mean taking a corner out of this class is a bad idea. You just don't like it.
I think in the modern NFL You will need to draft and develop corners constantly.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up