ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 43
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>-- Horror films you may have missed - suspense, thrillers also okay here...
Simply Red 10:45 PM 10-08-2016
I'll start with a few.

-The Invitation 2015 - Karyn Kusama

- Dead End 2003 - Fabrice Canepa / Jean-Baptiste Andrea

- They Look Like People - 2015 - Perry Blackshear



I'll add more as we go along here, I have a gazillion to mention - I'd like for some of you to wow me.
[Reply]
beach tribe 12:11 AM 10-14-2016
I just watched The VVitch.

Last 20 min are super creepy as fu*******.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:12 AM 10-14-2016
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Okay I wll give Penny Dreadful a look. As for subtitles in horror flicks...I agree to an extent but after a few minutes....and I can't explain this...but the subs kinda melt into the film and don't jar me like they do at start of a flick. Plus, there are some really good foreign horror films well worth dealing with subs.

The "Rec" series comes to mind here. Devil's Backbone is another, though I'd call that more of a thriller. Countless asian flicks..."Rigormortis" is a recent one from that group.
Yeah i can see this, I think
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:12 AM 10-14-2016
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
I just watched The VVitch.

Last 20 min are super creepy as fu*******.
I wanted MOAR witches - but it was well done.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:13 AM 10-14-2016

[Reply]
MikeTate 03:42 AM 10-14-2016
Mulholland Drive is very very very good
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:26 AM 10-14-2016
Originally Posted by MikeTate:
Mulholland Drive is very very very good
Yes, of course. Inland Empire isn't QUITE as good - but def. more terrifying.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:50 PM 10-14-2016
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
I just watched The VVitch.

Last 20 min are super creepy as fu*******.
I enjoyed it.....with trippy movies like that, I typically immediately go to the internet for further details, explanations, meanings, etc.

There are some great interviews with the director, as well as "what it all means" pages on this movie.

A boatload of subcontext going on in this film!
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:58 PM 10-14-2016
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I enjoyed it.....with trippy movies like that, I typically immediately go to the internet for further details, explanations, meanings, etc.

There are some great interviews with the director, as well as "what it all means" pages on this movie.

A boatload of subcontext going on in this film!
Interesting - yeah it was nicely done. I will have to rewatch it soon.
[Reply]
sedated 03:45 PM 10-14-2016
Saw "The Babadook" last weekend, probably one of my all-time favorites but the ending was disappointing. Just fantastic cinematography, and combines psychological thriller with regular thriller.

Also watched "Honeymoon", and oh boy. While some may consider the ending a bit predictable in terms of WHAT happens, it still left me pretty wide eyed in HOW it happened.

"VHS" and "VHS2" were in there as well. I thought the first one was a cool, original idea but seemed to get a bit stale by the end. VHS2 seemed cleaner than first one, but the "plot" was almost identical so there were few surprises. I guess that the "plot" is more like glue than an actual plot, so maybe they can get away with it more than most.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 04:13 PM 10-14-2016
Originally Posted by sedated:
Saw "The Babadook" last weekend, probably one of my all-time favorites but the ending was disappointing. Just fantastic cinematography, and combines psychological thriller with regular thriller.

Also watched "Honeymoon", and oh boy. While some may consider the ending a bit predictable in terms of WHAT happens, it still left me pretty wide eyed in HOW it happened.

"VHS" and "VHS2" were in there as well. I thought the first one was a cool, original idea but seemed to get a bit stale by the end. VHS2 seemed cleaner than first one, but the "plot" was almost identical so there were few surprises. I guess that the "plot" is more like glue than an actual plot, so maybe they can get away with it more than most.
Babadook was creepy. Very well crafted thriller - and another that I had to do some research after to get more out of it.

The ending left me with more questions....but the good 'ol internet had some good explanations!
[Reply]
InChiefsHell 04:31 PM 10-14-2016
The Silent Partner
Elliot Gould
Christopher Plummer

Holy Shit. The Goldfish bowl scene...
[Reply]
SAGA45 06:09 PM 10-14-2016
The Hatchet trilogy is gold if you miss the unkillable killing machine slasher flicks of the 80's
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:35 PM 10-14-2016
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
The Silent Partner

Good flick. Maybe not perfect Halloween viewing, but still a good movie.



Anybody a fan of the old Hammer Horror flicks? I love 'em. Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and a boatload of big titted British chicks. I like the earlier ones the best; the were low budget but they had a lot of class and tons of atmosphere.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:32 PM 10-14-2016
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Good flick. Maybe not perfect Halloween viewing, but still a good movie.



Anybody a fan of the old Hammer Horror flicks? I love 'em. Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and a boatload of big titted British chicks. I like the earlier ones the best; the were low budget but they had a lot of class and tons of atmosphere.
I will look into these!

Also might I recommend The Collector and then The Collection? - in that order.







[Reply]
Simply Red 08:34 PM 10-14-2016
getting lots of good traffic in here - Choice tastes guys!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 43
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up