ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 43
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>-- Horror films you may have missed - suspense, thrillers also okay here...
Simply Red 10:45 PM 10-08-2016
I'll start with a few.

-The Invitation 2015 - Karyn Kusama

- Dead End 2003 - Fabrice Canepa / Jean-Baptiste Andrea

- They Look Like People - 2015 - Perry Blackshear



I'll add more as we go along here, I have a gazillion to mention - I'd like for some of you to wow me.
[Reply]
D2112 05:08 PM 10-11-2016
Equinox 1970 lol I saw this movie for the first time in like 77 after smoking a lil bit of weed. Amazing special effects in it for 1970.


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tctHCMAi8jw

On iPad can't embed lol
[Reply]
Mennonite 05:36 PM 10-11-2016
Anybody seen the old Clint Eastwood movie The Beguiled (1971)?
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:40 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by Mennonite:


Five seconds later, they were mauled by a pack of vengeful coyotes.

haha!!!
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:41 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by D2112:
Equinox 1970 lol I saw this movie for the first time in like 77 after smoking a lil bit of weed. Amazing special effects in it for 1970.


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tctHCMAi8jw

On iPad can't embed lol
I will add it!

Originally Posted by listopencil:
If if you have never seen Village of the Damned (1960) then you should.

I will add it!
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:42 PM 10-11-2016
If you have a horror movie friend on FB - feel free to use this when their birthday rolls around - I made especially for my crazy cousin :-)




[Reply]
Simply Red 10:43 PM 10-11-2016

[Reply]
Simply Red 09:47 PM 10-12-2016
I'm watching Last Shift right now - It appears to be a keeper - thus far anyway.
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:15 AM 10-13-2016
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Anybody seen the old Clint Eastwood movie The Beguiled (1971)?
Seen it numerous times and even own the DVD,great movie that everyone should see.I'd also add from that same time Eastwood in Play Misty For Me,the original Fatal Attraction.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:29 AM 10-13-2016
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Seen it numerous times and even own the DVD,great movie that everyone should see.I'd also add from that same time Eastwood in Play Misty For Me,the original Fatal Attraction.
I watched the trailer - it's funny when that lady snaps a towel/wet cloth at that girl. I LOL'd
[Reply]
SAGA45 12:32 PM 10-13-2016
Train to Busan .... Ghost Story (old flick with legendary cast in their twilight years)...It follows....
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:24 PM 10-13-2016
I can't do subs w/ horror films - for whatever reason - but I'll queue up Ghost Story - I've seen It Follows and was a big fan.

The MOVIE - Penny Dreadful was really good as well, if you liked It Follows. Part of the 8-films to die for. I think they have like 48 movies or thereabouts
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:38 PM 10-13-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Just caught JJ Abrams remake of this the other night, unsurprisingly... it was pretty damn good
Where can this be found?

I checked amazon prime, hulu, netflix.......nada.

I saw a "remastered" version of the original - but not a reboot by JJ abrams???
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:56 PM 10-13-2016
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Where can this be found?

I checked amazon prime, hulu, netflix.......nada.

I saw a "remastered" version of the original - but not a reboot by JJ abrams???
Too new - it's just NOW playing in Manhattan. Per my artsy cousin
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:56 PM 10-13-2016
BUT STILL!!!! I hadn't heard of this!
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:33 PM 10-13-2016
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I can't do subs w/ horror films - for whatever reason - but I'll queue up Ghost Story - I've seen It Follows and was a big fan.

The MOVIE - Penny Dreadful was really good as well, if you liked It Follows. Part of the 8-films to die for. I think they have like 48 movies or thereabouts
Okay I wll give Penny Dreadful a look. As for subtitles in horror flicks...I agree to an extent but after a few minutes....and I can't explain this...but the subs kinda melt into the film and don't jar me like they do at start of a flick. Plus, there are some really good foreign horror films well worth dealing with subs.

The "Rec" series comes to mind here. Devil's Backbone is another, though I'd call that more of a thriller. Countless asian flicks..."Rigormortis" is a recent one from that group.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 43
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up