ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 162
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
The Lounge>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.


Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?



Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
notorious 07:00 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
It says the two are on sale for $629 and $424...
Apply code "MICRO" and/or "PRO" after putting in cart.
[Reply]
notorious 07:01 PM 09-04-2015
Too bad the Micro needs a $110 mount to bring it up to eye level on an AR.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:05 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I don't remember who recommended it but I have been using Wikiarms and, for the most part, it has been great. Lately, though, I've gotten emails around 4am or so saying that Freedom First Outfitters has 7.62 X 39 ammo for 0.13/round. By the time I get up in the morning and read that email (usually from 7-8:30am) and then click the link to go to their website to get the deal, the price is 0.91/round.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think this place is just trying to jack with the system in order to generate traffic to their site? Or do they simply sell out that fast? And if it's the latter, why is the difference between their sale price and their regular price so extreme?
Maybe you should call them and ask them
[Reply]
KCTitus 07:08 PM 09-04-2015
I saw this today...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...errorists.html

I'm thinking of picking one up for 1400...I've already got one AR, but you really cannot have too many AR's.
[Reply]
notorious 07:16 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
I saw this today...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...errorists.html

I'm thinking of picking one up for 1400...I've already got one AR, but you really cannot have too many AR's.
That AR is certainly loaded.

Nice handguard, nickel bolt and carrier group, solid trigger guard, etc. $1400 is a little steep for any AR, IMO.
[Reply]
KCTitus 07:23 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
That AR is certainly loaded.

Nice handguard, nickel bolt and carrier group, solid trigger guard, etc. $1400 is a little steep for any AR, IMO.
Heh...I bought my first one (integrity arms) a few years ago literally one week before Columbine and it was 1900. Anything below 2G's is fine with me. I'd like to build one but dont have the time and I dont want a DPMS for a grand.
[Reply]
notorious 07:35 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Heh...I bought my first one (integrity arms) a few years ago literally one week before Columbine and it was 1900. Anything below 2G's is fine with me. I'd like to build one but dont have the time and I dont want a DPMS for a grand.
I don't own a factory AR. :-)


I use a lot of Palmetto parts, especially their F/N cold hammered forged barrels and nickel BCGs.

Daniel Defense, Midwest, and Troy rails with Magpul buttstocks.

We do our own trigger springs and polishing.

The last AR-15 I built had a lowly 16" DPMS bull barrel. It shoots 2-3" groups at 500 yards.

Total cost: $460+Redfield Revenge Scope
[Reply]
KCTitus 07:42 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
I don't own a factory AR. :-)


I use a lot of Palmetto parts, especially their F/N cold hammered forged barrels and nickel BCGs.

Daniel Defense, Midwest, and Troy rails with Magpul buttstocks.

We do our own trigger springs and polishing.

The last AR-15 I built had a lowly 16" DPMS bull barrel. It shoots 2-3" groups at 500 yards.

Total cost: $460+Redfield Revenge Scope
Sorry...I'm not into dick measuring, but if you want me to say so, 'nice dick'...

I was pointing out the gimmick of the AR and that I was thinking of buying another. I dont know everything there is to know about guns, and I readily admitted that.

Makes it very hard to get into said culture when presented with :-) noob, at every step.
[Reply]
notorious 07:45 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Sorry...I'm not into dick measuring, but if you want me to say so, 'nice dick'...

I was pointing out the gimmick of the AR and that I was thinking of buying another. I dont know everything there is to know about guns, and I readily admitted that.

Makes it very hard to get into said culture when presented with :-) noob, at every step.
Not my intentions at all!

It's a wonderful hobby if you can get into it, and it doesn't take much time. The longest part of the process is choosing parts.

A build will take about a couple hours your first time, and after that considerably less.
[Reply]
KCTitus 07:48 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
Not my intentions at all!

It's a wonderful hobby if you can get into it, and it doesn't take much time. The longest part of the process is choosing parts.

A build will take about a couple hours your first time, and after that considerably less.
thx...sorry, I got railed at another gun forum, so let just say I'm a little sensitive and I left the forum.

I'd like to begin building as well as loading my own ammo.
[Reply]
OctoberFart 07:48 PM 09-04-2015
I bought a mossberg ultimag to really sky bust the snow geese from the dikes. The 3.5 in really pound them or high up.
[Reply]
notorious 07:52 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
thx...sorry, I got railed at another gun forum, so let just say I'm a little sensitive and I left the forum.

I'd like to begin building as well as loading my own ammo.
:-)


I run into people all the time that are asshats when it comes to gloating about guns, and I feel horrible that I was that guy for a second.


When the time comes for you to start building and reloading, PM me or post here and I will load you up with a ton of websites that have the best deals.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 07:53 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
I saw this today...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...errorists.html

I'm thinking of picking one up for 1400...I've already got one AR, but you really cannot have too many AR's.
Yah, $1400 is a bit steep for an AR IMHO. It's a nice rifle, I like Spikes Tactical stuff too.
[Reply]
notorious 07:53 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by OctoberFart:
I bought a mossberg ultimag to really sky bust the snow geese from the dikes. The 3.5 in really pound them or high up.
I thought Raider fans only used Tec-9's, Mac-10's and AK's. :-)
[Reply]
OctoberFart 07:55 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
I thought Raider fans only used Tec-9's, Mac-10's and AK's. :-)
Hard to afford on welfare.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 162
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up