ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 235 of 319
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245285 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:50 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Still an improvement over the SB OL
I’m never watching or thinking about that game again.

The more I can mentally block it, the better.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:51 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It wont be butthurt, it'll be haters laughing it up and arguing that it won't matter because our Oline won't give Mahomes the time needed to make use of his new toy.
You too? Jesus fucking Christ.

FA literally just started and as of last night we were going after the best LT on the market. Calm the fuck down.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:52 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Call me crazy, but it wouldn’t be the worst thing if they project Niang at LT and they re-sign Remmers at right.
The amount of confidence people have in Niang kinda blows my mind.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:53 PM 03-17-2021
FIRE VEACH!!!!!!!!!

Unless we win the Super Bowl again

Then

EXTEND VEACH!!!!!
[Reply]
Pants 02:55 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Call me crazy, but it wouldn’t be the worst thing if they project Niang at LT and they re-sign Remmers at right.
That's probably Bert's last resort.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:57 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea how can people possibly have confidence in a guy that when healthy was a 1st round talent? It’s not like you can hedge your bets and have Remmers back him up either!

Are you going for dumbass whiny bitch of the day? Because you’re earning it!
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:00 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You too? Jesus fucking Christ.

FA literally just started and as of last night we were going after the best LT on the market. Calm the fuck down.
Right now we're staring at Riley Reiff or trading up for a rookie tackle.

Neither of those are ideal. Some want to call Reiff a wash vs Fisher. Im not sure that's true.

I get it, Niang gave Bosa and Young all they could handle.

But no one outside of KC is going to be impressed with Reiff and Niang at tackle.

So yeah, we can buy Mahomes a new toy (they're doing that one way or another regardless), but hopefully Veach has a great Plan B that we haven't dreamed up yet to get some protection.

With Veach things can change at a moment's notice, but at THIS moment, as of the timing of THIS post, the options for Oline look bleak.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:01 PM 03-17-2021

Neither of those are ideal. Some want to call Reiff a wash vs Fisher. Im not sure that's true.

But no one outside of KC is going to be impressed with Reiff and Niang at tackle.

So yeah, we can buy Mahomes a new toy (they're doing that one way or another regardless), but hopefully Veach has a great Plan B that we haven't dreamed up yet to get some protection.

With Veach things can change at a moment's notice, but at THIS moment, as of the timing of THIS post, the options for Oline look bleak.
At worst, Reiff and Niang are a wash with last years T’s along with probable upgrades throughout the interior.

Again, when Fisher was healthy and Remmers was playing RT, our biggest issue by far was the interior. You fix that and it’s a much better OL.

How exactly is that not good enough?
[Reply]
kccrow 03:05 PM 03-17-2021
Probably because he was pretty well a consensus 1st round pick before he tore his labrum which ended up dropping him to the 3rd. Watching his 2018 tape is where you want to go, and it's impressive.

I can understand the reservations about nearly 2 years out of football and the need to knock off the rust but that's about as far as my concerns go.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:07 PM 03-17-2021

And once again....Veach was close to getting Williams. What other options did he have?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:07 PM 03-17-2021
The fact that we signed Nieman to a 1 year deal and tendered Ward makes we wonder if we are not hoping someone would give us a 3rd for Ward. We gave him a 2cd round tender but there was something about getting one less round because he was an UDFA originally???
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:07 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
At worst, Reiff and Niang are a wash with last years T’s along with probable upgrades throughout the interior.

Again, when Fisher was healthy and Remmers was playing RT, our biggest issue by far was the interior. You fix that and it’s a much better OL.

How exactly is that not good enough?
First, i don't think Fisher and Reiff are a wash. I think Fisher, when healthy, is a better tackle.

Second, i get everyone is buying into the hype train on Niang based on draft projects and that one time he played Chase Young, but the dude is far from a sure thing. He won't have played football in 2 years, he's effectively a rookie and came off a major injury. Remmers is a weakness.

This team did all it could to mask the deficiencies of our Oline. The lack of protection killed our vertical passing game.

Because Reid and Mahomes are so awesome it doesn't show in raw sack numbers.

Effectively the Oline will still be a weakness as it was last season. It was a weakness ALL season mostly due to injury. But those injured guys aren't coming back either.

tl;dr: If Reiff and Niang are our bookends then our line will still be viewed as shaky. And rightly so.

And again....all that can change. But as of right now, our options look shaky.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:08 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Here's the chart posted earlier in the thread, a couple of days ago.

Villanueva is actually TERRIBLE according to this:

If this is to be trusted, then I’m completely fine with Reiff for 2-3 years and drafting a long term replacement.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:10 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What other options did he have?
Exactly. What options even exist?

You can't fix something w/o tools and materials.

Maybe something is materializing on the back end, a major trade or something.

As of right now, there's no one on the table that makes you go, "dang, he'll make this line BETTER than last years". And yes, it needs to be better so we don't have to limit what our skill players can do to compensate for poor protection.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:10 PM 03-17-2021
The LG is better the Tackle position is not..Brian Waters couldn't save the guys he played with after Roaf.

This is going to be a line with heavy question marks regardless, whether that's because of rookies, a guy after and opt out or even signing a guy that didn't play for a year.

Just a ton of questions.
But that's the thing. We don't even KNOW what the tackle position is going to look like this year come Week 1. Still a lot of stuff to sort out and it's literally day 1 of FA. Mitch was a brokedick or on IR all year, so shouldn't be hard to upgrade that. Fisher was very average in his play last year, so we'll see how that turns out. The interior was absolute shit last year. With signing Thuney and returning LDT, it will be better (maybe not substantially, but it will be better). Who knows what they'll do with C? Allegratti? A FA center? Draft someone to play? It's all a big question mark at this point.

I guess my general feeling is that our O-Line was absolute trash this year, when taking into account the situation with the interior, Schwartz being injured from Day 1 and Fisher's play (for whatever reason) declining this season. It's amazing that we only lost one game this season (don't count Week 17) and that it didn't really come to bite us till the Super Bowl. With overall AVERAGE O-Line play this year, this team goes 19-0 and wins it all again. The O-Line is ultimately what decided our season in the end.

So I personally don't think we can really do much worse. Much like I felt with the defense at the end of 2018. Blow it all up and start over. Veach did. They're now doing the same thing with the O-Line after what we witnessed all season and especially in the Super Bowl. Veach doesn't stand pat. He will address it. I am glad they are basically starting from scratch. It needed to be done at some point (with Mitch and Eric's age starting to come into play). Glad Veach has the balls to do it.

But I would just caution everyone, being that it's Day 1 of FA, let's not all freak out and wait and see what all is done on the O-Line. If we're in the same position come Week 1 of the NFL season that we're in now, then I'll worry.

Till then, you have the floor Mr. Veach.
[Reply]
Page 235 of 319
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245285 > Last »
Up