ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dak turns downs 5 year 175 million deal from Cowboys
TomBarndtsTwin 12:34 PM 05-21-2020
Unreal.

He's offered THAT contract and refuses?!? He's arguably not even worth that type of contract.

If I was the Cowboys, I would try and flip him now for picks and just play Andy Dalton (who will look a lot better in that offense than he did in Cincy the last few years) and draft a QB in 2021 to learn under Andy, preparing to take over in 2022.

If not, play him under the franchise tag this year and trade him in the off-season (or let him walk for a comp pick if you don't feel like dealing with the headache or you think he might play another year under the tag since it goes up significantly in the 2nd year) and then followed with same scenario above (draft 2021 QB, play Dalton 2021, rookie QB takes over in 2022).

I get Dak trying to get as much as he can while he can get it, but his numbers on the field and his playoff performance are not compatible with that contract.

Dallas really just needs to tell him and his agent to **** off at this point. We offered you a fair deal and you turned it down. Moving on . . . . . .
[Reply]
Mecca 12:37 PM 05-21-2020
Prescott really only wants a 4 year deal, the Cowboys are pushing for that 5th year because they think by then he'll be like the 8th highest paid QB...so he's pushing back that he wants a number that keeps him top 5...
[Reply]
-King- 12:43 PM 05-21-2020

Per source familiar with Prescott negotiations the report about a 5/175m offer with desire for $45 million in final year isn't accurate. Have been no meaningful discussions for some time between the sides so seems as if they are as far apart as they were a few months ago

— Jason_OTC (@Jason_OTC) May 21, 2020

To clarify any recent speculation on Dak Prescott’s contract negotiations: there have been no discussions on other scenarios other than the Cowboys wanting a longer deal and Prescott wanting a shorter deal, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 21, 2020

[Reply]
jallmon 03:33 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:

Sounds to me like Dak's camp may be leaking this offer bs to get some buzz going. Jerrah hasn't offered shit, from what we can tell.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:43 PM 05-21-2020
Rapoport and Schefter both saying this isn't true. Still a matter of Dak wanting 4 years and Cowboys wanting 5.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05-21-2020, 01:09 PM
This message has been deleted by RealSNR.
Mecca 12:54 PM 05-21-2020
As much as he's taking shit if Prescott got to the open market he'd get the contract he wants.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:56 PM 05-21-2020
I don't give a fuck what his "stats" were. He isn't winning a title, so I think they are dumb as fuck for even offering that. Barely a top 10 QB...if that

AGAIN..Don't.....give....a...shit...how many "yards" he had.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:15 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I don't give a fuck what his "stats" were. He isn't winning a title, so I think they are dumb as fuck for even offering that. Barely a top 10 QB...if that

AGAIN..Don't.....give....a...shit...how many "yards" he had.

His stats are misleading anyways. He plays terrible when things are going bad around him. In 8 losses in 2019 he had 8 TDs, and 7 INTs.
[Reply]
Stargazer 12:58 PM 05-21-2020
There is no way I'm doing this if I'm the Cowboys. Being saddled with this player would do more harm than good.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:08 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Stargazer:
There is no way I'm doing this if I'm the Cowboys. Being saddled with this player would do more harm than good.
Are they going to do any better than him?

Prescott would get the contract he wants on the open market, if they were to walk on him that would be like saying because I got a 7 that isn't good enough till I get a 10...you then die old and alone because you never find it.

Because he isn't Mahomes doesn't mean he shouldn't get paid, the dude is better than any QB we had for 40 years until Mahomes came a long.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:13 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Are they going to do any better than him?

Prescott would get the contract he wants on the open market
Who would pay him that, right now?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:15 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Right this second? Possibly the Colts.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:16 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
If he hits the market in a year?

Saints
Raiders
Broncos
Tampa
Pittsburgh
Jacksonville
Chicago

There are a lot of teams with old QB's nearing retirement or bad QB situations that would line up to pay money.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 05:43 PM 05-21-2020
Rich Gannon, Trent Green, Dave Krieg and Trent Green are all better than Dak Prescott.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up