ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>In the age of COVID, have you traveled?
J Diddy 07:41 PM 03-03-2021
Last year we were about to hop on a plane and fly to Florida. That flight-trip got canceled. Our 5 year anniversary is on the 18th and we’re revisiting where we spent our honeymoon-in Vegas.

Anything new to expect on the plane? Will people be talking about gas prices? Will the plane come apart in mid air??

Are peanut allergies a thing?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:47 AM 03-04-2021
Yeah buddy! Went to KC multiple times, Dallas a few times, and took a week and a half vacation to Gatlinburg back in July. Havent had covid luckily. I guess i should not i live in the Tulsa area, i dont count my trips to okc and branson as travel because they're day trips but ive done those many times as well. Hell ive been to more theme parks in the last year than i had been to in the previous 10 years. We had purchased 6 flags season tickets right before covid hit and proceeded to get our monies worth in Dallas and St. Louis.
[Reply]
roman gnome 02:17 AM 03-04-2021
February in Florida!

[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:50 AM 03-04-2021
A few times with the girlfriend last summer, scuba trips on MO, AR, and IL, but nothing major.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:52 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
There's a pic of Red Rock for those numbers.

Not sure why. Red Rocks is a good 30 minutes from this spot.
[Reply]
scho63 09:34 AM 03-04-2021
To the pharmacy, to my PO Box, to the cigar store, to the grocery store, to work.

I travel in a small circle. Kinda like a giant hamster behind the wheel.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:45 AM 03-04-2021
Last July I had a work trip to Bozeman, MT, in October, I went to Pecos, TX and then I returned to Bozeman, MT in January. I drove all three trips so I didn't have to deal with flying. But, I prefer to drive over flying as long as it is under 17-18 hr drive.

I did notice in July, that there seemed to be a lot more people driving on the road than normal. In reality, I would drive to those places even if we weren't in the middle of a pandemic, but that is just me.

I've had some co-workers that have flown and they said they enjoyed it more now because there weren't as many people travelling.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:33 AM 03-04-2021
I’m still traveling, as I haven’t really let it slow me down. I’m in Breckinridge skiing this week. Life goes on. Fuck Covid
[Reply]
TinyEvel 11:07 AM 03-04-2021
Only camping.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:11 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Last July I had a work trip to Bozeman, MT, in October, I went to Pecos, TX and then I returned to Bozeman, MT in January. I drove all three trips so I didn't have to deal with flying. But, I prefer to drive over flying as long as it is under 17-18 hr drive.

I did notice in July, that there seemed to be a lot more people driving on the road than normal. In reality, I would drive to those places even if we weren't in the middle of a pandemic, but that is just me.

I've had some co-workers that have flown and they said they enjoyed it more now because there weren't as many people travelling.
17 or 18 hours from Des Moines? So basically you drive if it's in North America and there aren't pyramids or polar bears?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:13 AM 03-04-2021
Yes. One of our sons plays for a regional AAU basketball team, so we've travelled a bit.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:24 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
17 or 18 hours from Des Moines? So basically you drive if it's in North America and there aren't pyramids or polar bears?
Ha, yeah pretty much
[Reply]
Donger 11:27 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I’m still traveling, as I haven’t really let it slow me down. I’m in Breckinridge skiing this week. Life goes on. **** Covid
No you aren't.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:18 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
No you aren't.
I’m not in Breck this week?
[Reply]
Donger 12:34 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I’m not in Breck this week?
Breck, yes. Breckenridge, not Breckinridge, flatlander...

:-)
[Reply]
sedated 12:41 PM 03-04-2021
I'm heading to Des Moines soon - any suggestions of cool bars/restaurants would be appreciated. Especially if it has a patio and/or still practices distancing.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up