ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>In the age of COVID, have you traveled?
J Diddy 07:41 PM 03-03-2021
Last year we were about to hop on a plane and fly to Florida. That flight-trip got canceled. Our 5 year anniversary is on the 18th and we’re revisiting where we spent our honeymoon-in Vegas.

Anything new to expect on the plane? Will people be talking about gas prices? Will the plane come apart in mid air??

Are peanut allergies a thing?
[Reply]
eDave 08:15 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I spent a few days here last September.... 39°20'34.0"N 105°15'60.0"W
https://goo.gl/maps/7fyJik3gd7enhSRx8

Sucked not being able to have campfire. Was weird to see ash falling from sky like it was snowing.
There's a pic of Red Rock for those numbers.

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:17 PM 03-03-2021
been to costco
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:19 PM 03-03-2021
Two road trips to Virginia Beach, one to Ft. Worth, one to Wichita and getting ready or the second.
No planes for me if I can avoid it. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:20 PM 03-03-2021
Trip to see my cousin, and my parents.

Nobody died.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 08:28 PM 03-03-2021
I’ve been on exactly three flights (all domestic) during the past year. That is a huge drop for me as I normally travel 250k miles per year for the past twenty some years. I have worked extremely hard to avoid travel but some was unavoidable due to my job. I was doubled masked sucking a zinc lozenge during all flights. I escaped unharmed but feel many of the flights were way too lax with their precautions.

What is new on a plane? Hyperbole by the airlines about the use of electrostatic sprayers and extreme exaggeration about the level of sanitization provided by such a device. In case you don’t know, these devices are modern day snake oil.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:30 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
What the French, toast?!
Wife decided to go during NDSU spring break with kid 1. Somewhat to get away from Kid 2...who has been in the house with wife for a year.

with me getting out of the house every day-wife decided to leave me at home. These things happen when your wife makes more money than you do.

We will be going to either Philly or NYC for kid 2 to college in August
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:36 PM 03-03-2021
Yes. Many times
[Reply]
Spott 08:45 PM 03-03-2021
I’ve flown back and forth between Ohio and Florida almost every week since Memorial Day. Iirc, it’s something like 35 out of the past 40 weekends. The flights have been super cheap, including getting a handful of them for free. Depending on what airline you go on, some serve food and some don’t. Also been to Key West, Daytona, St Augustine and been to the Orlando theme parks several times in the last year.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:27 PM 03-03-2021
I had a corona virus back in Nov of 2019.

It was a bad flu...nothing more. Fever and puked a little bit. Lost some lbs.

After a few days I was back to normal. I always manage to get sick around Thanksgiving and Xmas...as do a lot of people.

I travel all around the US about every other week.

No vaccine for me. What a god damn scam that is.

Haven't been sick since...

Back in April of 2020 airports were a ghost town. One late flight home back to KC from ATL, I was the only person on the plane other than the flight crew....

And Southwest still managed to lose one of my bags. :-)
[Reply]
Strongside 09:30 PM 03-03-2021
We flew to Florida last June, and then drove to Wyoming/Montana in the fall. Both great trips. We’ve been fortunate enough to avoid any family cases aside from younger members who could handle it, so the biggest bummer for us personally has been the inability to travel internationally, which we typically do 2-3 times a year.

Many have had it far worse than us, so not being able to travel is a tear in a bucket - and a sacrifice we’ve been OK with making - though it sucks.

To be honest I just miss concerts.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:28 PM 03-03-2021
No, postponed a 30 year anniversary celebration last April. Wife has traveled to Missouri to take care of an ailing mom.
[Reply]
Katie 11:24 PM 03-03-2021
Just returned from Cabo. Easy in and out, although I had to take a COVID test before coming back. Already had COVID but they make you test anyway.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:06 AM 03-04-2021
Never stopped flying/traveling for work. The airlines are definitely getting closer to full now. Delta and Alaska are the only two major airlines I still know of that are blocking off the middle seats. No booze and they hand out little snack packs occasionally with pretzels (peanuts are a thing of the past on planes) Delta does a soda and snack. The airports are pretty much back to full service dining as well. It all still really just depends on where you end up. Masks at all times. In the airports and on the planes unless you’re eating and drinking. Yes, they are strict about it.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:39 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I had a corona virus back in Nov of 2019.

It was a bad flu...nothing more. Fever and puked a little bit. Lost some lbs.

After a few days I was back to normal. I always manage to get sick around Thanksgiving and Xmas...as do a lot of people.

I travel all around the US about every other week.

No vaccine for me. What a god damn scam that is.

Haven't been sick since...

Back in April of 2020 airports were a ghost town. One late flight home back to KC from ATL, I was the only person on the plane other than the flight crew....

And Southwest still managed to lose one of my bags. :-)
Seems unlikely.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:46 AM 03-04-2021
Did a road trip to Colorado and Wyoming on Memorial Day weekend, and another in October along with a visit to the Black Hills. Did several other weekend getaways over the summer. Haven't flown anywhere though, although not because of Covid, but because I despise flying.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up