ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>In the age of COVID, have you traveled?
J Diddy 07:41 PM 03-03-2021
Last year we were about to hop on a plane and fly to Florida. That flight-trip got canceled. Our 5 year anniversary is on the 18th and we’re revisiting where we spent our honeymoon-in Vegas.

Anything new to expect on the plane? Will people be talking about gas prices? Will the plane come apart in mid air??

Are peanut allergies a thing?
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:45 PM 03-03-2021
I've been more than five miles from home precisely once in the past year, and that was only about ten miles. I've become a medieval villager.

The wife and I have long-held reservations in California in April. If we can get vaccinated before then, we might go. But I doubt that we'll be vaccinated in time and it's a high-Covid area, so it's doubtful.

I also have a deferred trip in May to West Virginia that was pushed back from last year. If I'm vaccinated by then, I'm tempted to rent an RV and do that one as a road trip.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:46 PM 03-03-2021
To and from work, yes.
[Reply]
eDave 07:47 PM 03-03-2021
Flying is all normal except for the mask and there are no meal or booze options. Might even get yourself a full row. Last few trips I've made are not selling the middle seat (Delta).
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:55 PM 03-03-2021
Fargo once.
Wife and kid 1 are going to AZ in a few weeks. They did not invite me
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:58 PM 03-03-2021
I took your mom to poundtown last night
[Reply]
J Diddy 08:01 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I took your mom to poundtown last night
Moms been dead and cremated since 1992.

I think your kink is weird.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:02 PM 03-03-2021
Last I knew, Southwest (at least) isn't using middle seats and you have to keep your mask on the entire time..... and with no middle seats, overhead bins aren't as much of a hassle. And there isn't the same lineup thing at the gate for Southwest, but that doesn't stop people from crowding the front, of course.
[Reply]
wutamess 08:02 PM 03-03-2021
Florida twice (once for the Superbowl) (once to Miami during the height of Florida's fuckery).

Lake of the Ozarks
Phoenix, AZ

Didn't catch the shit until I was HERE! 5 day stint at KU Med center right before Halloween.
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:03 PM 03-03-2021
Wife and I are going to key west in June for our 20th anniversary. She got vaccinated last month being in the health care industry. I get my first shot on Monday. I am jonzin’ for some authentic key lime pie.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:03 PM 03-03-2021
I've flown to Florida twice and went on a week long driving tour of Wisconsin last October.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:09 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Fargo once.
Wife and kid 1 are going to AZ in a few weeks. They did not invite me
What the French, toast?!
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:09 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Last I knew, Southwest (at least) isn't using middle seats and you have to keep your mask on the entire time..... and with no middle seats, overhead bins aren't as much of a hassle. And there isn't the same lineup thing at the gate for Southwest, but that doesn't stop people from crowding the front, of course.
Nein. My wife had travel funds on SWA that she had to use before they expired and went to San Antonio with a friend in early December. Full flights including middle both ways.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:10 PM 03-03-2021
I spent a few days here last September.... 39°20'34.0"N 105°15'60.0"W
https://goo.gl/maps/7fyJik3gd7enhSRx8

Sucked not being able to have campfire. Was weird to see ash falling from sky like it was snowing.
[Reply]
wheeler08 08:14 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Wife and I are going to key west in June for our 20th anniversary. She got vaccinated last month being in the health care industry. I get my first shot on Monday. I am jonzin’ for some authentic key lime pie.
I went to Key West for first time in February. Was A lot of fun and the fishing was great. Flew American, plane was packed full. Was kinda surprised. I thought there would be some gaps.

Cops were pushy on Duval st about wearing masks while walking down street. But everyone took them off at next block. Only wore them to go inside some where.

Went to Orlando after Christmas. Drove there.

Was in Gatlinburg in June.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up