ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>After 14 years I've been banned from a thread
tmax63 09:52 AM 03-03-2021
Mods,
I've been a member here for 14 years and apparently someone here banned me from the $2.50 gallon gas thread. I want to know why. You can pm me or reply here, i don't care which. I want you to show me anything I've said that was untrue or deserving of a ban. Explain it to me, don't just do it and hide.
[Reply]
J Diddy 12:29 PM 03-03-2021
Mods, I’d like to volunteer to be banned from any and all gasoline threads including future ones. Mostly because they’re threads about gasoline prices.
[Reply]
loochy 12:35 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Mods, I’d like to volunteer to be banned from any and all gasoline threads including future ones. Mostly because they’re threads about gasoline prices.

Then you get to create fun threads in which you whine about getting banned!
[Reply]
Sorce 12:51 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Thanks for the support but I'd still like to know the chi*@ensh#t mf'er who did it. I like to know who my enemies are.
I confess it was me, I've been here longer and have fewer posts so my words mean more. I'm gonna need you to go sit over there and be quiet.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:52 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
DC has been around since 2004 and people were complaining about politics for a while before that. People inserting politics into everything is a 15+ year problem.

The ability to boot people from specific threads, OTOH, is relatively new (~5 years, maybe), as well as the number of people who insert politics into everything and probably the level of vitriol.

And with that, the level of frustration with it for fifteen years leads to enforcing this one rule.

I'm personally glad we've evolved over 2 decades while largely still being the same site... people who were in their 20s when the site was created are now in their 40s, and I'd certainly hope they've changed a bit, too. It's not like it's reddit or most other boards out there these days... it's still very much almost anything goes, just like 20 years ago (adding new rules to what was around 15+ years ago is very rare).
I love the history lesson when I was the one who originally initiated having two forums and we put it up for vote. Let's not pretend I got banned for politics either. We really tried to make this place cool. I started the girly thread, the gambling thread and got the two forums started. Call me sentimental but I don't see recreating the Star board as progress. There is certainly a bias in what some are allowed to do and others are not now as well. You want progress let's have a little transparency on what moderator is doing what to whom. 20 years I have never had a problem with a moderator until now. Mods for the most part are great but at least one of them is using that to fuck with people and that is not good for the forum IMO.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:03 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I love the history lesson when I was the one who originally initiated having two forums and we put it up for vote. Let's not pretend I got banned for politics either. We really tried to make this place cool. I started the girly thread, the gambling thread and got the two forums started. Call me sentimental but I don't see recreating the Star board as progress. There is certainly a bias in what some are allowed to do and others are not now as well. You want progress let's have a little transparency on what moderator is doing what to whom. 20 years I have never had a problem with a moderator until now. Mods for the most part are great but at least one of them is using that to fuck with people and that is not good for the forum IMO.
The problem isn’t the Mods. The problem is with people that refuse to follow the rules.

When the additional forums were created 17 years ago, people began posting appropriate threads and posts in those forums. When someone posted a political or media related thread in The Lounge, the forum self-policed with members stating “Uh, there’s a forum for that discussion. Use it.”.

But today, too many people see the world through a political lens. They don’t care whether or not their posts are inappropriate for a particular forum, which has forced the Mods to not only create a Sticky in this forum but police it as well.

It’s not the fault of the mods that some people cannot follow a simple request.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:08 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
DC has been around since 2004 and people were complaining about politics for a while before that. People inserting politics into everything is a 15+ year problem.

The ability to boot people from specific threads, OTOH, is relatively new (~5 years, maybe), as well as the number of people who insert politics into everything and probably the level of vitriol.

And with that, the level of frustration with it for fifteen years leads to enforcing this one rule.

I'm personally glad we've evolved over 2 decades while largely still being the same site... people who were in their 20s when the site was created are now in their 40s, and I'd certainly hope they've changed a bit, too. It's not like it's reddit or most other boards out there these days... it's still very much almost anything goes, just like 20 years ago (adding new rules to what was around 15+ years ago is very rare).
It's hard not to insert politics into MF threads because politics has oozed into every aspect of our lives. From the management/mismanagement of covid, mask madness, the economy, entertainment - you name it. You can lose your fucking job now for having non-approved opinions voiced completely outside the workplace. These tax happy, freedom hating, micro-triggered cunts have their tentacles in everything. You no longer have to be right wing to be annoyed by it; just sane.

Christ, they're going after Dr. Seuss now. DR. SEUSS. Try to wrap your mind around that one.
[Reply]
jallmon 01:12 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
This isn't a new policy by any means and I posted a warning shortly before that which apparently fell on deaf ears. And it's not about enemies or how long anyone has been here, I also booted Halfcan who has been here longer than you and is also someone I consider a friend.
No offense, but any thread that discusses the price of any heavily used commodity is politics/policy-baiting to me. I can't imagine wading very far into that cesspool without crossing subjective lines that causes some one to react.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:27 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Mods,
I've been a member here for 14 years and apparently someone here banned me from the $2.50 gallon gas thread. I want to know why. You can pm me or reply here, i don't care which. I want you to show me anything I've said that was untrue or deserving of a ban. Explain it to me, don't just do it and hide.

[Reply]
kstater 01:35 PM 03-03-2021
I can't believe you've been here 14 years and didn't know you have to pm Bob Dole for this info

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
scho63 01:47 PM 03-03-2021
If any thread needed a box of Kotex, this is the one.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 01:49 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The problem isn’t the Mods. The problem is with people that refuse to follow the rules.

When the additional forums were created 17 years ago, people began posting appropriate threads and posts in those forums. When someone posted a political or media related thread in The Lounge, the forum self-policed with members stating “Uh, there’s a forum for that discussion. Use it.”.

But today, too many people see the world through a political lens. They don’t care whether or not their posts are inappropriate for a particular forum, which has forced the Mods to not only create a Sticky in this forum but police it as well.

It’s not the fault of the mods that some people cannot follow a simple request.
I have no problem with banning for politics in this forum.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:51 PM 03-03-2021
Getting that cherry popped can be traumatic
[Reply]
Cosmos 01:57 PM 03-03-2021
Got banned by a newbie mod from a thread for the first time in 13 years.

Only one thing has changed in 13 years...
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 02:02 PM 03-03-2021
I envision the OP being...

[Reply]
Frazod 02:03 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
If any thread needed a box of Kotex, this is the one.
Speaking of needing a Kotex, serious question for InviciBill - how much of a pussy are you?

Fucking cunt has like 300 posts here over 20 years, never talks about anything, never takes a stand for his obvious ideology, yet has probably given me more thumbs down votes than anybody else on the board.

What a lurker. Probably hires somebody else to fuck his wife, then watches and gives a thumbs up.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up