ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 16
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>After 14 years I've been banned from a thread
tmax63 09:52 AM 03-03-2021
Mods,
I've been a member here for 14 years and apparently someone here banned me from the $2.50 gallon gas thread. I want to know why. You can pm me or reply here, i don't care which. I want you to show me anything I've said that was untrue or deserving of a ban. Explain it to me, don't just do it and hide.
[Reply]
Donger 10:35 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Actually I said "influencing" and I stand by that statement.
Okay. But we are supposed to keep politics out of the Lounge. We have CPDC for that. Start a thread if you like, and we can discuss it there.
[Reply]
tmax63 10:43 AM 03-03-2021
Do you think who's in charge could make a difference in the price of gas? If so then I would argue that it could be included in that particular thread. There are many factors that can influence the price of gas and omitting political pressure is impeding a full discussion on that thread.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:43 AM 03-03-2021
I’ve been banned from CP. Step your game up.
[Reply]
Donger 10:45 AM 03-03-2021
Do you think who's in charge could make a difference in the price of gas? If so then I would argue that it could be included in that particular thread. There are many factors that can influence the price of gas and omitting political pressure is impeding a full discussion on that thread.
Happy to discuss politics and political policy, and how it influences the price of gasoline and crude, in a CPDC thread. Not here.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:45 AM 03-03-2021
My previous account was banned for 14 years. I wanna see if I'll be able to log into it this summer considering it was banned in 2007 :-)

Just means you're a true member now, imho.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:46 AM 03-03-2021
be forced to get around an IP ban multiple times before you bitch

the pussification of CP trolls continues

in my day, you never even admitted you were banned, you just powered through like a juggernaut of righteous shitposting
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:48 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Don’t worry I was banned bc I guess we’re not allowed to criticize the dead :-)

Not even Hitler!
I'm really bummed because that post was at 33 upvotes and 36 downvotes before it got moved to the political forum. Really wanted to see how that was going to end up.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:49 AM 03-03-2021
I don't know who did it, but took a quick glance and blatant political post is blatant. It's been against Lounge rules for years with stickied threads about it for months at a time. Looks like it hijacked the thread a bit, too.

As much as I personally dislike inserting politics into things, we try to strike a balance when it comes to mentioning a policy and what is a political opinion vs simply stating a fact or what a politician said, etc.... but then you have people who will always walk that line and then wonder why they start getting booted and cry "now people get banned for just mentioning the President's name!!!" after shitposting "Thanks Trump" a bunch of times.

So, having a thread hijacked with more political posts or 20 people complaining about your political post is something we have to monitor, as well as not knowing if even the most veiled references are DC leakage or whatever.... and I know that leads to people thinking it's over moderation, bias towards one side, Communist bastards, inconsistent, etc... but, it's tough when it's subjective and open to interpretation/intent, and some people will always bend the rules as much as possible.

And while we don't advertise every thread ban, there's no "hiding" involved... we have a gripe thread in the Lounge for this very reason, if there's ever a need for clarification, and I don't think any of us have ever been shy about it. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 10:51 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I don't know who did it, but took a quick glance and blatant political post is blatant. It's been against Lounge rules for years with stickied threads about it for months at a time. Looks like it hijacked the thread a bit, too.

As much as I personally dislike inserting politics into things, we try to strike a balance when it comes to mentioning a policy and what is a political opinion vs simply stating a fact or what a politician said, etc.... but then you have people who will always walk that line and then wonder why they start getting booted and cry "now people get banned for just mentioning the President's name!!!" after shitposting "Thanks Trump" a bunch of times.

So, having a thread hijacked with more political posts or 20 people complaining about your political post is something we have to monitor, as well as not knowing if even the most veiled references are DC leakage or whatever.... and I know that leads to people thinking it's over moderation, bias towards one side, Communist bastards, inconsistent, etc... but, it's tough when it's subjective and open to interpretation/intent, and some people will always bend the rules as much as possible.

And while we don't advertise every thread ban, there's no "hiding" involved... we have a gripe thread in the Lounge for this very reason, if there's ever a need for clarification, and I don't think any of us have ever been shy about it. :-)
Political post. Reported.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:52 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I'm really bummed because that post was at 33 upvotes and 36 downvotes before it got moved to the political forum. Really wanted to see how that was going to end up.
I put a small amount of effort into seeing if that was the most voted-on post and for being the most divisive, but didn't find anything useful... can't remember seeing another one that even had half the number of both up and down votes.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:53 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Political post. Reported.
I'll ban myself... :-)
[Reply]
loochy 10:59 AM 03-03-2021
So what? Go to a different thread then.
[Reply]
scho63 11:00 AM 03-03-2021
Mods,
I've been a member here for 14 years and apparently someone here banned me from the $2.50 gallon gas thread. .
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You were long overdue. Welcome to the club. :-)

[Reply]
Bugeater 11:00 AM 03-03-2021
This isn't a new policy by any means and I posted a warning shortly before that which apparently fell on deaf ears. And it's not about enemies or how long anyone has been here, I also booted Halfcan who has been here longer than you and is also someone I consider a friend.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:02 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I put a small amount of effort into seeing if that was the most voted-on post and for being the most divisive, but didn't find anything useful... can't remember seeing another one that even had half the number of both up and down votes.
Same. It was wild.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 16
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up