ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mattress hunting
007 06:23 AM 03-03-2021
Been trying to find a new mattress since mine is damn old tempurpedic. Tried two from oki but they just didn't fit the bill. Purchased a beautyrest black series x and haven't been able to sleep for more than an hour at a time. I've never had this problem before. I might wake up sore but I've always been able to sleep on any mattress. Except this one.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Looks like I'm going to have to exchange it for a new tempurpedic.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:12 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Yeah, those people probably work on commission. Connected coils worked for me as well.

I'm thinking about buying a side sleeper pillow. I think someone recommended it in one of the other mattress threads.
Do you sleep on your side? If so are you putting a pillow between legs? Keeps the spine properly aligned. Also make sure your neck is parallel with your mattress.

This has become a huge pet peeve of mine, when friends/acquaintances of mine would talk about how comfortable their bed is because of all their pillows. Like 10 mother fuckin pillows on a bed and I'm like how the hell would all those pillows be comfortable. I sleep with one pillow usually and my fiance sleeps with 2 and then I chuck the rest off the bed. They just take up room and break your god damn neck.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:26 AM 03-04-2021
I used to buy mine at JC Penney outlet,

The last mattress was a hybrid from IKIA and after 5 years it is needing replacement. Ikea is shipping a new mattress to my new next week at no charge.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:15 AM 03-04-2021
I'm simple and prefer a really firm mattress with a pancake thin pillow. Grabbed Beautyrest Silver Xtra Firm on Covid sale last year and love it. It's like sleeping on a soft floor.

I roll over on it and my entire spine ripple pops and I feel great everyday.
[Reply]
olout 04-09-2021, 02:32 AM
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
Nickhead 05:22 AM 04-09-2021
if it's got a hot chick in it, it's a good mattress :-)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:14 AM 04-09-2021
So by putting a sheet of plywood and a mattress protector over my Ikea Hybrid, I can kiss the bone cracker goodbye?

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'm simple and prefer a really firm mattress with a pancake thin pillow. Grabbed Beautyrest Silver Xtra Firm on Covid sale last year and love it. It's like sleeping on a soft floor.

I roll over on it and my entire spine ripple pops and I feel great everyday.

[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:19 AM 04-09-2021
Perfect timing on this thread since we are on the hunt too. I want a firm AF bed.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:29 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Wouldn't give up my 20 year old temperpedic for anything except another one that is adjustable.
This. Tempurpedic is definitely worth the money.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:43 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
This. Tempurpedic is definitely worth the money.
^this^ had my first adjustable one for about a year and its great.
[Reply]
Reroka 10:49 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by 007:
Been trying to find a new mattress since mine is damn old tempurpedic. Tried two from oki but they just didn't fit the bill. Purchased a beautyrest black series x and haven't been able to sleep for more than an hour at a time. I've never had this problem before. I might wake up sore but I've always been able to sleep on any mattress. Except this one.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Looks like I'm going to have to exchange it for a new tempurpedic.
Sleep Number bed. Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:49 AM 04-09-2021
I worked in corporate HQ for one of these companies and seeing some of these responses makes me laugh. :-)
[Reply]
Sofa King 12:14 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I worked in corporate HQ for one of these companies and seeing some of these responses makes me laugh. :-)
Why
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:20 PM 04-09-2021
I was about to fork out a few grand on a new mattress and got talked into trying a 3" memory foam mattress topper before I did. Threw it on top of my old pillowtop Serta and wouldn't even think about buying a new mattress now. Total cost ~ $100. Think the brand was Dreamfoam or something like that.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:33 PM 04-09-2021
Obligatory:

[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:09 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Why
Some of the comments regarding the quality of the products could not be further from the truth as well as understanding how the whole business works.

Realistically in the U.S. there’s only 3-4 manufacturers that dominate the market and everything else is not worth bringing up, especially in terms of quality.
[Reply]
Sofa King 02:34 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Some of the comments regarding the quality of the products could not be further from the truth as well as understanding how the whole business works.

Realistically in the U.S. there’s only 3-4 manufacturers that dominate the market and everything else is not worth bringing up, especially in terms of quality.
Well, let's hear it from an expert. Whatcha got? Can't just come in and say this stuff without actually taking the time to write up some advice from your experience.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up