ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dak Wants Cowboys To Pay Him ‘Right Behind Mahomes’ - And Pay Him ‘Respect’
Sassy Squatch 08:51 PM 03-01-2021
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/...respect-report

The Dallas Cowboys believe their two-years-worth of contract offers to Dak Prescott have been all about “respect.”

Dak’s side now wants something more: “Respect” in the form of a new proposal that would put his salary “right behind” that of two-time Super Bowl QB Patrick Mahomes.

Prescott is “looking to be paid right behind Patrick Mahomes, a guy who’s gone to the Super Bowl two years in a row,” NFL Network’s Jane Slater said on the Dan Patrick Show.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:48 PM 03-02-2021
The NFLPA is a fucking abomination and the reason for shit like this.
[Reply]
KermitUnderCenter 01:53 PM 03-02-2021
Dak sux ballz.....He’s a complete idiot for turning down what the Cowboys already offered.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:59 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by KermitUnderCenter:
Dak sux ballz.....He’s a complete idiot for turning down what the Cowboys already offered.
Even if it's not the Cowboys he is going to get $40 mil/yr from somebody. Supposedly he had a 5 yr $175 mil which comes in at $35 mil/yr. I definitely wouldn't call him an idiot for turning the deal down, because he made just under $31.5 mil for 4 games of work and this coming up year if he's franchises (he will be), then he's guaranteed to make $37.7 mil in 2021. That's $69.2 million for 2 years.

The reports about his most recent offer were saying that in the first 2 years of the contract he'd get $70 mil. So by playing under the franchise tag he basically gets the Cowboys offer, but he isn't tied to them long term. If Cowboys want to franchise him again after 2021, then he's going to make $54.3 mil in 2022.

Barring a catastrophic injury one of these 3 things is going to happen

1. Cowboys sign him to a 4 yr/$160 million deal
2. Cowboys franchise him in 2022 and it's like he signed a 3 yr $120+ mil deal that was fully guaranteed because of the franchise tag.
3. Cowboys let him walk after this coming season and he's a 29 year old FA QB in a year that the salary cap takes a massive jump and who knows, by then the Ravens might to stupid enough to give him a contract that pays him more per year than Mahomes and Dak signs for $50 mil/yr with some stupid ass team like the Raiders.

I wouldn't really call that being a complete idiot.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:13 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Even if it's not the Cowboys he is going to get $40 mil/yr from somebody. Supposedly he had a 5 yr $175 mil which comes in at $35 mil/yr. I definitely wouldn't call him an idiot for turning the deal down, because he made just under $31.5 mil for 4 games of work and this coming up year if he's franchises (he will be), then he's guaranteed to make $37.7 mil in 2021. That's $69.2 million for 2 years.

The reports about his most recent offer were saying that in the first 2 years of the contract he'd get $70 mil. So by playing under the franchise tag he basically gets the Cowboys offer, but he isn't tied to them long term. If Cowboys want to franchise him again after 2021, then he's going to make $54.3 mil in 2022.

Barring a catastrophic injury one of these 3 things is going to happen

1. Cowboys sign him to a 4 yr/$160 million deal
2. Cowboys franchise him in 2022 and it's like he signed a 3 yr $120+ mil deal that was fully guaranteed because of the franchise tag.
3. Cowboys let him walk after this coming season and he's a 29 year old FA QB in a year that the salary cap takes a massive jump and who knows, by then the Ravens might to stupid enough to give him a contract that pays him more per year than Mahomes and Dak signs for $50 mil/yr with some stupid ass team like the Raiders.

I wouldn't really call that being a complete idiot.
I agree. If he's patient, he's going to get paid.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:18 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I agree. If he's patient, he's going to get paid.
Yep, and if the Cowboys are stupid enough to franchise him a 3rd time, then he's gonna make like $165 or $170 mil in 4 years and hes going to look even smarter.
[Reply]
PHOG 06:49 PM 03-02-2021
Oooohhhh Dak, :-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:58 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
The thing is you can't trade him because he's not under contract like Watkins and Wilson. He ain't worth anywhere near 35+ million yet this fool wants 40+? **** that. Dallas is better off cutting bait and beginning from zero. That team is in as bad a mess as the Eagles.
Which QB is that?
[Reply]
Valiant 07:05 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Best possible scenario for the Chiefs is all of these lesser QBs getting contracts in the ballpark and eventually exceeding that of Mahomes. Teams paying lesser QBs the same money for inferior results is a win for us.
True. All this qb flipping helps us. Could speed up the process of qb pay by a couple years and makes mahomes deal better compared wise.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:03 PM 03-02-2021
Dude is a head case and Jerry needs to jettison his ass fast
[Reply]
loochy 08:20 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
No he's not
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:05 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
How so?
[Reply]
TNTEICHER 09:10 AM 03-03-2021
I love this whole situation for the Cowgirls.. I want to grab a bucket of popcorn and watch this trainwreck. Its a win win for me.. If Dallas signs him to a huge contract they will continue to be irrelevent for years. And if they don't sign him they will also be irrelevent.
[Reply]
KermitUnderCenter 10:27 AM 03-03-2021
Sure you can say he’s smart for making a ton of money taking the Kirk Cousins method on the franchise tag. IMO any team that pays him “respect money” will end up going nowhere.

He’s been carried by a top defense and run game since entering the league, and hasn’t proven he can carry the load by himself. Only a handful of guys in the league are worth this pay range, and I don’t think Dak is one of them.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:48 AM 03-03-2021
After a bad injury where nobody will know if he's the same or not? No thanks, Dak can fuck right off if I'm the Cowboys. Trade him now. The biggest problem was Jerry committing to Dak after that injury. Pretty dumb move.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:52 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
After a bad injury where nobody will know if he's the same or not? No thanks, Dak can fuck right off if I'm the Cowboys. Trade him now. The biggest problem was Jerry committing to Dak after that injury. Pretty dumb move.
Can't trade him. Not under contract until he actually signs the tag. He could really fuck them over here.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up