ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dak Wants Cowboys To Pay Him ‘Right Behind Mahomes’ - And Pay Him ‘Respect’
Sassy Squatch 08:51 PM 03-01-2021
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/...respect-report

The Dallas Cowboys believe their two-years-worth of contract offers to Dak Prescott have been all about “respect.”

Dak’s side now wants something more: “Respect” in the form of a new proposal that would put his salary “right behind” that of two-time Super Bowl QB Patrick Mahomes.

Prescott is “looking to be paid right behind Patrick Mahomes, a guy who’s gone to the Super Bowl two years in a row,” NFL Network’s Jane Slater said on the Dan Patrick Show.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:01 PM 03-01-2021
:-) Holy shit the Cowboys cap is a disaster. They'd have to clear 20 million just to place the tag on him and that's still right up against it.
[Reply]
frozenchief 10:01 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Dak is overrated as a QB.. And Jerry is not even on the scale as a Owner/GM... Neither side is going to cave in... Thank god we have the Owner, GM, coach, and QB we have here.. The Cowboys are a shitshow...
Cowboys are like the WFT: neither will win under their current ownership.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:12 PM 03-01-2021
Best possible scenario for the Chiefs is all of these lesser QBs getting contracts in the ballpark and eventually exceeding that of Mahomes. Teams paying lesser QBs the same money for inferior results is a win for us.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:18 PM 03-01-2021
Wonder what "right behind"' means?

$1 million/yr less?
$5 million/yr less?

Pat is at $45 mil/yr

and

Deshaun is at $39 mil/yr

I know that everyone is supposed to hate Dak and love Deshaun, but with how contracts are now Dak is probably gonna get $40 mil/year and he can justify getting more than Deshaun.

Frankly I don't think either are worth it, but Dak should get more than him because the next guy up always gets more than the guy that got paid before him. Both of them have 1 playoff win and if you look at QBR Dak has been better.

Dak P. QBR

16'- 77.6
17'- 69.9
18'- 55.2
19'- 71.9
20'- 78.7

And D Watson QBR

17'- 83.5
18'- 61.8
19'- 70.5
20'- 70.5

The wording of this makes it sound kinda dumb, but at least he's not saying he wants Mahomes money. He just wants to be the next highest paid QB and he will 100% get it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:35 PM 03-01-2021
Respect? He was already very well paid this year wasn’t he?

He will get paid a lot of money by someone. The QB market is insane for just a decent/competent talent right now.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:36 PM 03-01-2021
Is it still conventional wisdom that anyone who makes an explicit demand for 'respect' is automatically a Fredo figure?
[Reply]
Bwana 11:22 PM 03-01-2021

[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:53 PM 03-01-2021
I wouldn't pay him that but he was leading the league in passing numbers before getting hurt and was pretty good the year before too
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 12:01 AM 03-02-2021
I totally agree that paying Dak "right behind Mahomes" is the perfect way to show him the respect he is due, just as long as this takes place right before Patrick takes a dump.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:02 AM 03-02-2021
He's a good quarterback, but his value of himself is laughable.
[Reply]
cdcox 12:40 AM 03-02-2021
Mahomes’ contract has set the NFL on fire. Dak wants out of Dallas. Wilson wants out of Seattle. Watson wants out of Houston. Franchise QBs used to never leave the team where they made their bones until late in the twilight of their careers. Now we have 3 top 10 QBs that are disgruntled in the prime years of their careers.
[Reply]
FAX 01:12 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Mahomes’ contract has set the NFL on fire. Dak wants out of Dallas. Wilson wants out of Seattle. Watson wants out of Houston. Franchise QBs used to never leave the team where they made their bones until late in the twilight of their careers. Now we have 3 top 10 QBs that are disgruntled in the prime years of their careers.
An astute and accurate analysis, Mr. cdcox. We may well be observing the Mahomes Effect first-hand.

Or ...

Dak, Watson, and Wilson are actually Skrulls.

It's either one or the other, for sure.

FAX
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 01:54 AM 03-02-2021
Ah, I see.

....and how many Super Bowls have you been to, Dak?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:30 AM 03-02-2021
And I want a million dollars a month and Emily Ratajkowski available at any moment for my sexual needs but it ain't gonna happen.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:38 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
And I want a million dollars a month and Emily Ratajkowski available at any moment for my sexual needs but it ain't gonna happen.
If he plays out the last year on the tag and hits the open market he could probably get more than Mahomes APY.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up