ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach: Fisher Projected as a Mid-August Return
SAGA45 03:01 PM 03-01-2021
This was from Veach's zoom presser this morning in response to Sam Mellinger following up on a previous response by Veach where he said Mahomes, Schwartz and Fisher were all expected back by August.

When asked, Veach referred again to his notes from Rick (Burkholder) that stated Fisher is projected as a "mid-August return".

Veach then went on to clarify that there's obviously other variables that could impact that but as far as the information he had in front of him from Rick and the medical staff, mid-August is the projection.

LINK (question is asked at 20:25 mark): https://fb.watch/3Z3FNr0fc7/

Now, Fisher will probably be put on PUP list to start the season but still, this is phenomenal news considering many were expecting Fisher to miss the 2021-22 season entirely.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:06 PM 03-01-2021
Yeah I dont see how this is gonna be a mid Aug return.

I mean obviously they know more about it than me or anyone here, but tbh that seems like wishful thinking.

He may be ok to workout and do light stuff perhaps, but I doubt we see Fisher on field til at least Oct/Nov at the earliest.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:09 PM 03-01-2021
Veach: I'll draft who ever the fuck I want.

Mic Drop
[Reply]
morphius 03:10 PM 03-01-2021
I'd guess return to light practice and not to the field.
[Reply]
Sofa King 03:11 PM 03-01-2021
No pressure in the draft. I'll trust Veach to do the right thing. Just please no more project/tweener DE's and linebackers. Pick a player that's able to play the position right away.
[Reply]
Ecto-I 04:17 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
No pressure in the draft. I'll trust Veach to do the right thing. Just please no more project/tweener DE's and linebackers. Pick a player that's able to play the position right away.
To be fair, Sneed was a Safety and probably considered a "tweener," so there's that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:21 PM 03-01-2021
Get him outta here.

Start fresh at both tackle postions.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:26 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Get him outta here.

Don't get your hopes up. They're both coming back.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:26 PM 03-01-2021
Get him outta here.

:-)
[Reply]
Sofa King 04:39 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Ecto-I:
To be fair, Sneed was a Safety and probably considered a "tweener," so there's that.
That’s interesting and all but falls out of the DE linebacker qualifications.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 04:41 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Don't get your hopes up. They're both coming back.
I was listening on the radio today and they basically said that the chiefs will likely either need to cut one of the tackles or restructure their contracts to get under the cap. It will be interesting if the chiefs decide to move on from Schwartz or Fisher.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:44 PM 03-01-2021
Did he say anything about Schwartz?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:47 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Ecto-I:
False.

Sneed was a CB in college but switched to Safety his senior season because the team needed a starting safety.

His versatility was the reason for his selection by the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Azide22 04:49 PM 03-01-2021
Get him outta here.

How are we going to afford that, AND get talent better than these guys? We lock so much money up in the top skill players...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:07 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Did he say anything about Schwartz?
Yep. Had a disc procedure. Expected back by camp as well.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up