ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 219
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Science is Cool....
Fish 09:43 PM 05-21-2012
This is a repository for all cool scientific discussion and fascination. Scientific facts, theories, and overall cool scientific stuff that you'd like to share with others. Stuff that makes you smile and wonder at the amazing shit going on around us, that most people don't notice.

Post pictures, vidoes, stories, or links. Ask questions. Share science.

Why should I care?:

[Reply]
Donger 04:28 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
I think Hitler's human test subject would agree with me too, if they were alive.
I'm not sure I'd take that bet, if offered.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:31 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No, robots will never = humans.
OK, no rights for the robots. So the new you, freshly digitized and downloaded into your new robot body, is put on shit shoveling duty for eternity or until your parts wear out, whichever comes first. You still think you're you. Still the same guy beneath that hard metallic skin, but now you get to shovel shit with no breaks, forever.
[Reply]
Fish 04:33 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by Donger:
I'm not sure I'd take that bet, if offered.
:-)
[Reply]
aturnis 04:44 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Maybe, but you can make that same argument for any tech advance.

If we can hands free type on a computer using our brains, it doesn't seem to big a leap in imagination that if we can already get information out of the brain, we can put info in.
Like he said in the interview, they have already implanted memories in mice.

Also think they have successfully watched people's dreams.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:49 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
So do these digitized and downloaded brains have rights? Can they vote? Can they hook up their brain to an apache helicopter and mow people down? Can I reach over and turn them off if they are bothering me? Can they decide that our meat bag bodies are inferior and wipe the rest of us out? Can they have a billion copies of themselves downloaded into separate robot bodies and be everywhere at once? Can they be hacked? Would we really be improving the human race or ensuring its destruction?

No, really, sounds like a great idea.
Most of these problems will have already been encountered by AI long before we have the computing power to mimic the human brain...
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:53 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Most of these problems will have already been encountered by AI long before we have the computing power to mimic the human brain...
From what I gather, they want to plug the AI into people's brains and become a hybrid superhuman. I think we'll be dealing with these issues at, or close to, the same time.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:54 PM 02-26-2014
From what I gather, they want to plug the AI into people's brains and become a hybrid superhuman. I think we'll be dealing with these issues at, or close to, the same time.
We already use very simple AI.

With what we have now.

Duplicating the human brain is a long way off...
[Reply]
Fish 04:57 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Like he said in the interview, they have already implanted memories in mice.

Also think they have successfully watched people's dreams.
Also of note.. I can't remember if it's been posted here, but I recently read about a similar technology in which they've found a way to erase bad memories from a brain, while leaving the good ones. A'la Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind movie. Intended for PTSD treatment and such.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 05:00 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
Also of note.. I can't remember if it's been posted here, but I recently read about a similar technology in which they've found a way to erase bad memories from a brain, while leaving the good ones. A'la Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind movie. Intended for PTSD treatment and such.
Between that and the ability to already implant memories in mice, I can see some good medical advances happening from this tech. But **** me if everyone can't see a little danger here.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:02 PM 02-26-2014
Between that and the ability to already implant memories in mice, I can see some good medical advances happening from this tech. But **** me if everyone can't see a little danger here.
I can see the danger, but after one treatment I won't any more.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:56 AM 02-27-2014
Science SUCKS

http://www.livescience.com/43465-bab...probiotic.html
[Reply]
hometeam 09:06 AM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Science SUCKS

http://www.livescience.com/43465-bab...probiotic.html
screw payin them scientific types!

Ill just go straight to the source! My 18 month old is gonna feed us for the rest of the year!
[Reply]
Fish 09:42 AM 02-27-2014
Mmmmmmm..... baby poop sausage...........
[Reply]
Dave Lane 10:24 AM 02-27-2014
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_human_experimentation
So the answer is no. Just some insane tactics.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 10:27 AM 02-27-2014
Why don't you pray about this at your church? No danger there of anyone ever getting carried away with taking human lives.
[Reply]
Page 100 of 219
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Up