ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>In the age of COVID, have you traveled?
J Diddy 07:41 PM 03-03-2021
Last year we were about to hop on a plane and fly to Florida. That flight-trip got canceled. Our 5 year anniversary is on the 18th and we’re revisiting where we spent our honeymoon-in Vegas.

Anything new to expect on the plane? Will people be talking about gas prices? Will the plane come apart in mid air??

Are peanut allergies a thing?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:31 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
That's like the 10th time in Jamaica. You love that place! :-)
My plan is move to Jamaica or another Caribbean island (Barbados and St Lucia I’m looking at you) in the next 2 years. See how it plays out.
[Reply]
Spott 07:34 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
Yeah, agreed. the planes I flew on were completely booked, no open seats. They cleaned them very well and would give you a huge sanitary wipe after you get situated. The only downside I had was having to wear a mask for 9 consecutive hours lol
Luckily my flights are only 2 hours each way. I usually bring some kind of food so I can get a little break from the whole mask thing. Having TSA precheck has been great over the last year because I can get to the airport 30 minutes before the flight and still be good on time.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:34 PM 03-04-2021
We've stayed in Florida. We take 2-3 day trips whenever we can just exploring our state. We want to go to Virginia so we can see our grandson for the first time, but since he was a premie, we'll have to wait until he's stronger and heals from his upcoming hernia surgery.
[Reply]
2112 07:43 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
Luckily my flights are only 2 hours each way. I usually bring some kind of food so I can get a little break from the whole mask thing. Having TSA precheck has been great over the last year because I can get to the airport 30 minutes before the flight and still be good on time.
Yeah, I have Tsa pre check too. It was over 4 hours to Denver with a 1 hour layover and then an hour and change from Denver to pigsknuckle. I have to get to Newark 2 hours ahead because it’s a shit show getting there and a shitshow once you get inside. One of the big reasons I got Tsa pre check. And if you use the United credit card for it it’s free.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:07 PM 03-04-2021
I’m planning a trip at this very moment.

I planned another trip for s week.

I’m free. I do what I want to do because im not a nervous sheep.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:23 PM 03-04-2021
How to decide where.

1-Caribbean Island with public nude beaches

2- see #1

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
My plan is move to Jamaica or another Caribbean island (Barbados and St Lucia I’m looking at you) in the next 2 years. See how it plays out.

[Reply]
philfree 09:55 PM 03-04-2021
Not until now. We're sitting in the Marriott 3 hours from PCB. This place is right on 54 holes of golf(Capital Hill Golf in Prattville, AL) so I'll get up and play 9 in the morning then drive on down to the beach and stay for a couple of weeks. It's been a long time coming.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:21 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
I'm heading to Des Moines soon - any suggestions of cool bars/restaurants would be appreciated. Especially if it has a patio and/or still practices distancing.
Some of my favorites are Mullets down by the ballpark, Founders Irish Pub in Bondurant and Brickyard Burgers and Brews in Adel.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:25 PM 03-04-2021
Selfish, selfish, selfish..
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:29 AM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
How to decide where.

1-Caribbean Island with public nude beaches

2- see #1
Be careful of what you wish for. :-)

There's a lot of bad that comes with the little good you might see.
[Reply]
NewChief 12:50 PM 03-05-2021
Our travel:

We were headed to Santa Fe for Spring Break last year right when COVID struck. We cancelled that trip. We went to my inlaws lake house instead and rode bikes all week in Bella Vista. Not really a vacation but still.

We rescheduled our Santa Fe trip for June and went during COVID. Stayed out there two weeks. One week in Santa Fe and one week in Taos. State was "shut down", but we were basically hiking and biking in isolation (except for two days at Angelfire Bikepark).

We went to Minnesota to the Boundary Waters in late July for a week. Also stopped on the way north in Duluth for mountain biking before spending a week in the middle of nowhere fishing.

I went back to Angelfire for a weekend MTB trip in October on a father/son trip with two other dads and our kids.

We went to Las Cruces, New Mexico with another family in our "circle" for Thanksgiving week for a week of mountain biking.

Went to Palm Beach, FL for two weeks over Christmas Break and into New Year's to hang with the inlaws. Was a little nervous, since they live in a retirement community, but we all took precautions.

We also did quite a few long weekend trips locally for biking and such, taking advantage of virtual schooling and work to get away from the house.

So, yes... we've travelled during COVID, extensively. Being able to work and school remotely has allowed us a lot of flexibility, and we've taken advantage of it to have a pretty amazing year with our family as a group, engaging in adventure. Albeit, most of our "travel" has been to remote destinations and most of our activity has been outdoors recreation.
[Reply]
jdubya 02:10 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I spent a few days here last September.... 39°20'34.0"N 105°15'60.0"W
https://goo.gl/maps/7fyJik3gd7enhSRx8

Sucked not being able to have campfire. Was weird to see ash falling from sky like it was snowing.
If you are in National forest, no man can be denied a "warming" fire.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up