ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 57
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:13 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by flock:
There is no statistical evidence to support this ridiculous statement.
It's not ridiculous if you aren't a Ravens fan.

Statistical evidence? Let's compare units:

"Front" players (not a 1x1 since we're comparing a 43 to a 34 base scheme)
Bosa, Ingram, Tillery, Joseph vs. Campbell, Wolfe, Judon, Williams

This is a nod to the Chargers at this point, and it really wasn't close. Joseph is still a run-plugging machine, and he and Williams are similar. Bosa is better than Campbell at this point in their careers, Judon and Ingram are equivalent, with perhaps a slight edge to Judon, and Tillery is better than Derek Wolfe is, was, or ever will be.

LB
Again, we're comparing different fronts, but let's use this grouping:

Murray, Perryman, Kyzir White vs. Queen, McPhee, Fort

I give Murray the edge here over Queen (bigger, drafted higher), and rest are equivalent... good scheme fits who execute well.

Secondary
Peters and Humphrey are an outstanding CB duo and better than the Chargers' best 2 CB (Chris Harris and Heyward), but the Chargers have major advantages beyond their top two corners. Their 3rd CB is much better than the Ravens' current options, and they're stronger at safety with Adderly and/or Desmond King back there.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:29 PM 09-22-2020
And to build onto your point Duncan, while I think Peters and Humphrey are a better duo too, they are not as reliable when it comes to staying assignment sound as LA’s corners. In that stagnant scheme where preventing big plays is the #1 goal, you can count on Harris and Hayward more to do that IMO.

If we’re assuming the Ravens try to replicate a zone heavy game plan.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:32 PM 09-22-2020
I find it hard to believe the Ravens are going to drastically change what they do.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 12:34 PM 09-22-2020
The Ravens really just don’t match up well with the Chiefs. Watching them and I don’t see any difference from last year on both sides of the ball. If the Chiefs don’t make stupid mistakes they’ll win. The Chargers match up better with us than the Ravens.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:34 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I find it hard to believe the Ravens are going to drastically change what they do.
I’m not really sure what they’ve been doing so far TBH. We’ve never played them since acquiring Peters, it would make sense if his addition resulted in more zone coverages.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:50 PM 09-22-2020
Sneed is keeping this defense alive

L'Jarius Sneed is saving the Chiefs while Bashaud Breeland is suspended and Charvarius Ward is dealing with a fractured hand.

He's been tremendous. https://t.co/hC4QfSUM7M

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) September 22, 2020

[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:04 PM 09-22-2020
I really think our secondary is going to be lethal by mid-season.

Breeland, Ward, Fenton, and Sneed at CB. Mathieu and a healthy in-shape Thornhill at safety. That’s gotta be a top 5-10 group.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:16 PM 09-22-2020
I actually think Fenton has been okay out there so far. Yeah he technically gave up that TD but Sorenson left his man and totally fucked him there.

I like him against possession type receivers. Great value for a late round pick
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:18 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I actually think Fenton has been okay out there so far. Yeah he technically gave up that TD but Sorenson left his man and totally fucked him there.

I especially like him as our 4th best corner. We’ve had PLENTY of teams in the past where he would’ve been our best.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:21 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Fenton did his job there. That’s also a ridiculous throw that I’m sure Fenton just didn’t expect Herbert to attempt.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:22 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Fenton did his job there. That’s also a ridiculous throw that I’m sure Fenton just didn’t expect Herbert to attempt.
No, sorry. Fenton's job was to maintain the deep 3rd zone. He screwed up by vacating the zone and biting on the up man.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:25 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No, sorry. Fenton's job was to maintain the deep 3rd zone. He screwed up by vacating the zone and biting on the up man.
Jt O’Sullivan broke the play down in this video. I recommend everyone watches it.

https://youtu.be/wykXPqN7JCI
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:27 PM 09-22-2020
We have 29 missed tackles in the league so far. Second worst. Only team worse than us is the Jets with 40
[Reply]
RunKC 01:28 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Also, you continue to throw Wolfe’s name around like he’s not an old brokedick. They lost Wormley, who’s a better player than Wolfe at this point.
Michael Jordan Lol GIF from Michaeljordan GIFs

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:31 PM 09-22-2020
Nothing he said refutes my post.

The Chiefs were in a 3-deep zone. The slot WR got separation in his zone and Fenton bit up instead of staying in his zone.

EDIT: Nevermind. Later in the analysis he said the DB is definitely trying to hedge. So he absolutely agrees with me.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 57
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up