ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 173
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:22 AM 04-26-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
anyone doing the Save The Boobies ride tomorrow?
starts and ends in Olathe. with stops at Kobi's, Fro's (LOVE this place) and Beer Thirty in DeSoto.

Not sure what the weather is supposed to do tomorrow though. I might decide last minute (kick stands up at Noon at Shooters in Olathe off 56).
Damn, I would Dayze, but we have a BBQ competition in OP today that we'll be at.
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:10 AM 04-28-2014
Went out Saturday for some Gravel Road and B Road Riding.
Man it was Windy!
And Muddy.

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:23 AM 04-28-2014
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
this is what I want to build.

You don't like riding very far do you? This must be an extra bike.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:39 PM 04-28-2014
Nice Graystroke. I've always wanted a dual sport.
I need to win the lottery lol.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 02:45 PM 04-28-2014
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
You don't like riding very far do you? This must be an extra bike.
I'm not a fan of Harleys or cruisers in general, but there is just something right looking about a springer front end on a vintage style Harley like that.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:13 AM 04-29-2014
yeah; that bike is a 'bomb around town' bike. I would equate it to a Rat Rod. I would LOVE to have a RR, but would accept what it can do and can't do.

I guarantee you that if you rolled up to a bike night with that little bobber, you would have 5+ people standing around it all night looking at it. Hell, when I went down to Cassoday last month, I had older dudes standing around my 72 nearly the entire time it was parked.

I always refer back to something my dad said when I told him how uncomfortable my seat was and how I lived at gas stations; "small price to pay for being cool" lol.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:16 AM 04-29-2014
also, you could build a carburated bobber like that for a fairly reasonable amount of scratch.

frame is probably 1000-1500. you could probably find a totaled out sportster and grab the 1200 motor for cheap (or at least cheaper than a new one would be), and peanut tank (could have it repainted if it's screwed up). depending on the wheels...you could save some bucks by finding some stockers and have them powder coated if you wanted black etc. Or white, or red etc. otherwise, you're looking at 1k+ per wheel depending on spoke count.

the springer front end would be the other more expensive purchase; probably 1200+.

so, it's definitely a reasonable project to take on. I'm going to build one over the winter some day in the future.
[Reply]
Graystoke 06:44 AM 04-29-2014
Nice Graystroke. I've always wanted a dual sport.
I need to win the lottery lol.
Dual Sport is not really what it is. That mud took me down quick. With a dry weight of 473 lbs, and add 5 gallons of fresh fuel, that bitch was heavy to pick up.
Now, put it on gravel or fire roads and this is where it shines.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:50 AM 04-29-2014
"small price to pay for being cool"
:-)
[Reply]
Dayze 07:36 PM 05-02-2014
anyone doing the Cassoday KS run tomorrow? (1st Saturday of the month).

I think I'm going to get a wild hair up my ass (NTTAWWT) and ride; so far solo.
If anyone is interested in riding, we can meet up. the 'meat' of the rally is around 8:30am - 10:30 ish etc. I'll probably head out eary; maybe at 6:00am. It's 154 miles each way from Gardner if I recall.

should be a good turnout since last month was pretty much the first of the year, and it was still pretty chilly.

I'll check the thread periodically; or just PM me etc.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:24 PM 05-02-2014
anyone doing the Cassoday KS run tomorrow? (1st Saturday of the month).

I think I'm going to get a wild hair up my ass (NTTAWWT) and ride; so far solo.
If anyone is interested in riding, we can meet up. the 'meat' of the rally is around 8:30am - 10:30 ish etc. I'll probably head out eary; maybe at 6:00am. It's 154 miles each way from Gardner if I recall.

should be a good turnout since last month was pretty much the first of the year, and it was still pretty chilly.

I'll check the thread periodically; or just PM me etc.
It's the first Sunday of Every month. So not til Sunday the 4th. :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 11:05 PM 05-02-2014
oh, well shit. lol. thank god I checked the thred lol
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:54 AM 05-03-2014
oh, well shit. lol. thank god I checked the thred lol
haha... I've got a local ride with some friends tomorrow... so won't be doing the Cassoday run just yet... Really want to do it before Sturgis this year though!

(I'm secretly holding out until I get a fairing)
[Reply]
Dayze 10:49 AM 05-03-2014
I'm secretly holding out for a Street Glide :-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:01 AM 05-03-2014
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
this is what I want to build.

I'd love to have one of these for a little bar hopper one day. A buddy and me had a pretty decent project going making his 70s sportster into a bobber. He bought a different frame for it but we never made the switch funds ran low and the bike got sold. I should have bought it but was rebuilding the ls2 in my trailblazer ss, so I passed.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 173
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Up