ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 3903
« First < 28687475767778 79808182881281785781078 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:39 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
My dad swore by this stuff. Lived to 89. COLLOIDAL SILVER
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:41 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
will protect them from getting the coronavirus.
My gardener Jesus?
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:42 AM 03-09-2020

If we want to understand how powerful an opponent SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) is, let’s take a look what has been required to stop it in China. The Chinese government has essentially used a social nuclear weapon in its efforts. Let’s talk about this, to understand what US is facing. 1/

— Nicholas A. Christakis (@NAChristakis) March 9, 2020

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:44 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
The video states that it deactivates other Coronaviruses, but has not been tested against Covid-19. Sounds like bullshit to me.
There is a lot of information out there that states that in China the best results for treatment have come from high dose vitamin C drips. If I felt like I was getting something I think I would get one immediately along with a hyperbaric IV ozone therapy 10 pass. Don't expect to hear about any of this from our trusted friends at the CDC, FDA or WHO.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:46 AM 03-09-2020
I'm starting to think this guy might not know what he's talking about.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:47 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
My dad swore by this stuff. Lived to 89. COLLOIDAL SILVER
I figured that's what he was pushing. I have also heard a lot of people who swear by it. I personally have not used it so I can't give an opinion one way or another. Don't expect anything positive on this BB about anything that isn't being pushed by BIG PHARM/CDC,WHO and the FDA. They will label you the anti-christ.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:48 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
There is a lot of information out there that states that in China the best results for treatment have come from high dose vitamin C drips. If I felt like I was getting something I think I would get one immediately along with a hyperbaric IV ozone therapy 10 pass. Don't expect to hear about any of this from our trusted friends at the CDC, FDA or WHO.
I would love for you to link that data

There is no current evidence that vitamin C prevents or treats viral illnesses. They are doing some studies but there is no data yet to suggest it works.

There is one meta-analyses I saw that showed around an 8 percent reduction in ventilator time with Vitamin C therapy for patients ventilated for more than 24 hours.

The most recent large meta analysis of vitamin C on ICU patients showed no reduction in ICU stays or on mortality of ICU patients.

What this has to do with the colloidal silver claim, I'm not sure. Sounds like quackery though. Do you think the sellers would be willing to go to Wuhan armed with a bottle?
[Reply]
philfree 10:49 AM 03-09-2020
I don't like it when someone turns up positive for the virus and the report is that it's no big deal in that area because that person had traveled and came back with it. But then they won't say where or how they traveled. That's messed up. I need to know so I can avoid crossing their path. People need the facts.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:01 AM 03-09-2020
Once again the video was not even clear what the product was. There are many products and things you can do to build up your immunity system. I don't bother posting about the best products or procedures on this BB. Everyone wants to be in a tizzy fit here. I went to the gym all weekend. My son went to Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai and my wife works at the airport. My sister flew in from Australia. To say I have zero concern about this is an understatement. I would be flying now except my sister is here for the next 2 weeks.

Once again if he claimed the unknown product was a cure for Corona please post it or quit claiming that he said that.
I didn't say he came right out and said that did I? Once again if you can't see what he's doing then I don't know what to tell you. It's obvious they're strongly implying it's a prevention/cure for the CV.
"We haven't tested it on this strain yet but it's stopped the other strains of CV"
Seriously? You don't get that?
[Reply]
loochy 11:13 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
More antibiotics to kill whatever virus caused pneumonia and this nasty tasting green cough meds that knocked lights out and an albuterol inhaler. Today is the first day I feel like I should be back to work. So yeah there is a lot of shit out there.
You sure about that, buddy?
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:14 AM 03-09-2020

There is no current evidence that vitamin C prevents or treats viral illnesses. They are doing some studies but there is no data yet to suggest it works.

There is one meta-analyses I saw that showed around an 8 percent reduction in ventilator time with Vitamin C therapy for patients ventilated for more than 24 hours.

The most recent large meta analysis of vitamin C on ICU patients showed no reduction in ICU stays or on mortality of ICU patients.

What this has to do with the colloidal silver claim, I'm not sure. Sounds like quackery though. Do you think the sellers would be willing to go to Wuhan armed with a bottle?
LOL, I don't know. I know I am not worried about it at all.
I hate going back and looking for stuff. It usually disappears. I will try and find something though.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04264533
http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n12.shtml
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:16 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I didn't say he came right out and said that did I? Once again if you can't see what he's doing then I don't know what to tell you. It's obvious they're strongly implying it's a prevention/cure for the CV.
"We haven't tested it on this strain yet but it's stopped the other strains of CV"
Seriously? You don't get that?
It would help if he had proof of the first claim for sure.
[Reply]
Fish 11:16 AM 03-09-2020

I know what he's referencing, but can't find a link at the moment. There were a couple NCBI studies showing IV VitC procedures being effective for recovering chemo patients. But the studies were questionable due to testing procedures and later discovered that the chemo procedure caused depleted levels of VitC to begin with. It focused on chemo patients, but has now been used by the quackery alt med crowd as a new cure-all. Same goes for the colloidal silver claims, except there's actually some potential danger there with no proven benefits...
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:21 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
I know what he's referencing, but can't find a link at the moment. There were a couple NCBI studies showing IV VitC procedures being effective for recovering chemo patients. But the studies were questionable due to testing procedures and later discovered that the chemo procedure caused depleted levels of VitC to begin with. It focused on chemo patients, but has now been used by the quackery alt med crowd as a new cure-all. Same goes for the colloidal silver claims, except there's actually some potential danger there with no proven benefits...
The self-proclaimed Mr. Big Pharm football BB scientist has arrived.You all should be good to go now.

The one thing that is for sure is if the vitamin C drips are working that information will be suppressed in the United States.
[Reply]
Fish 11:27 AM 03-09-2020
LOL, I don't know. I know I am not worried about it at all.
I hate going back and looking for stuff. It usually disappears. I will try and find something though.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04264533
http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n12.shtml
First link doesn't work. Second link is from http://orthomolecular.org. An alternative medicine site. Every "Study" they offer links to their own site. The author/editor is a guy named Andrew Saul who goes by “The Megavitamin Man.

Here's a fact check regarding this VitC idea:
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/fa...isnt-a-shield/

It came from a Facebook meme of course.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 3903
« First < 28687475767778 79808182881281785781078 > Last »
Up