ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 578 of 3903
« First < 78478528568574575576577578 57958058158258862867810781578 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
oaklandhater 03:22 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Fun fact as you continue to ride the panic train for COVID-19.

80% of the global deaths from the 2009-2010 Swine Flu pandemic occurred in people younger than 65 years of age.

There were 500,000+ global deaths from the Swine Flu pandemic so you can do the math.

Were you equally as panicked during that pandemic?
do you remember china welding people into buildings over swine or italy having 700+ deaths a day from it ?

I got swine it was easy most people kicked that shit.

from the stories I read on this even if you do survive it you will never forget it.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:23 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:

That exercise induced Asthma has nothing to do with the severity of his condition...:-)
[Reply]
oaklandhater 03:24 PM 03-21-2020
https://www.wavy.com/news/health/cor...ng-on-produce/

Police investigate ‘disturbing’ video of Virginia teens coughing on produce

WTF is wrong with people ?
[Reply]
Donger 03:25 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Currently in NY the total deaths as a percentage total cases is at .04% For as fast as they are climbing in cases let's hope this stays low like this.
How did you figure that?
[Reply]
Monticore 03-21-2020, 03:26 PM
This message has been deleted by Monticore.
petegz28 03:27 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
How did you figure that?
admittedly it was a typo, it is .4%

56 total deaths / 11,645 cases
[Reply]
Monticore 03:28 PM 03-21-2020
Fun fact as you continue to ride the panic train for COVID-19.

80% of the global deaths from the 2009-2010 Swine Flu pandemic occurred in people younger than 65 years of age.

There were 500,000+ global deaths from the Swine Flu pandemic so you can do the math.

Were you equally as panicked during that pandemic?
Did you think that was a Chinese chemical attack too.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:28 PM 03-21-2020
do you remember china welding people into buildings over swine or italy having 700+ deaths a day from it ?

I got swine it was easy most people kicked that shit.

from the stories I read on this even if you do survive it you will never forget it.
80% of people who get COVID-19 have mild or no symptoms.

But don't let that stop you from your panicked conjecture.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:30 PM 03-21-2020
https://www.wavy.com/news/health/cor...ng-on-produce/

Police investigate ‘disturbing’ video of Virginia teens coughing on produce

WTF is wrong with people ?
Same dumb fucks that eat out of an ice cream container and puts in back into the grocery freezer. Same dumb fucks that don't know they should not be at the beach.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:31 PM 03-21-2020

this is why a shutdown is going to have to come down from on high.
Shutting things down and building more ventilators are the only real weapons we have absent some new anti-viral therapy. This is all math at this point. The number of victims in the number of places are consistent enough to show that:

Current infected x
Number of times daily infections double in 14 days =
Total Cumulative Infected x
20% who require hospitalization x
25% of hospitalized who require life support =
Number who need ventilators -
Number of ventilators available x
75 to 90% =
Total Deaths

Only thing we can currently change, absent some new treatment, is the rate of new infections (by sheltering in place) and number of ventilators available.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 03:32 PM 03-21-2020

china fudge the numbers if you only had a fever and a cough they put down mild.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:34 PM 03-21-2020
china fudge the numbers if you only had a fever and a cough they put down mild.
And you are considering "only a fever and a cough" something more than mild, in your professional medical opinion?

"Only a fever and a cough" sounds like something we in non-hysterical world call the common cold.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:36 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...6/#__sec3title

Importantly, in the LHS, smoking cessation was associated with a slower decline in lung function and reduced risk of hospitalization and total mortality. Participants in the special intervention group plus a placebo inhaler, who became sustained quitters, experienced a forced expiratory volume in one second (FEV1) decline of only 34 mL/year. In contrast, those who continued to smoke experienced an FEV1*decline of 63 mL/year.7*Thus, smoking cessation nearly halved the rate of descent in FEV1*in patients with mild to moderate COPD. Smokers who quit and then took up smoking again had FEV1*declines that fell somewhere in between that of sustained quitters and continued smokers.7Interestingly, female continued smokers experienced a faster decline in lung function compared with male continued smokers for the amount of cigarettes they smoked.16*However, female smokers experienced larger gains in lung function when they stopped smoking compared with male quitters.6*Smokers who quit and re-initiated smoking at multiple times experienced a slower decline in FEV1*than continued smokers, for the same number of cigarettes they smoked.16*Together, these data suggest that smoking cessation significantly reduces disease progression in mild to moderate COPD and that even having multiple relapses is better than continued smoking in terms of disease progression. Tobacco treatment is particularly important for women, who appear to have increased susceptibility to disease progression with continued smoking but also derive larger benefits with smoking cessation compared with male smokers.

Slower decline, and reduced risk of hospitilazation and death. That is not the same as healing, but also doesn't say "there is no benefit"

This is a study of patients with COPD.
Fair enough. As I mentioned, whatever it was that I read, it was a long time ago. Hell it may have been high school. I certainly don't remember the wording and it's entirely possible I misinterpreted it. Either way, I didn't fucking listen.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:37 PM 03-21-2020
Kansas City is under house arrest now...

Kansas City metro under stay-at-home order effective Tuesday as coronavirus spreads

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/news/coro...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:38 PM 03-21-2020

This is true.

The other 20% and a finite supply of doctors/ventilators is the problem.

If NYC gets its doubling down to once every 4 days then they’ll need 3,000 ventilators from somewhere to save around 2500 people. If it doubles every other day, the way the US numbers are currently going, then they could end up needing to find 15,000 more ventilators.

Just in NYC.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:41 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
your conflating different diseases and issues. Please see my earlier post on how the lungs get oxygen into the body.

Longer term smoking can cause damage to those alveoli or not. Depends on how much and how long you smoked.

When you smoke you basically burn off the cilia. These cilia are what help you remove phlegm from your lungs. I have a 13 pack year history of smoking. When I quit, the cilia grew back and I didn’t damage the avolei. So under your reference point, the lungs did self heal.

But, you damage the alveoli. That’s it. They are forever damaged.
I'm not conflating anything. Nearly everyone who's quoted me in this thread has misinterpreted what I'm saying/asking.
[Reply]
Page 578 of 3903
« First < 78478528568574575576577578 57958058158258862867810781578 > Last »
Up