ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 324
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:03 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I agree with BleedingRed. Cap casualty will be the main reason if one or both of Ford/Houston are not on the team next season, but the scheme change will play a part, unless they've been planning this change for longer then we know (which I kind of believe they have been
The cap was always the biggest issue. The scheme change is largely irrelevant when it comes to both Houston and Ford because these moves were going to have to be made (or at least tried) even if they kept Sutton and the entire defense intact.

That being said, I tend to agree with you. I think they've known for maybe a year that the 4-3 was coming and that's why they drafted some of the guys they did.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:04 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Agreed,

But I doubt he will be inclined to restructure. He could go out and get a huge deal still at his age.

Berrys contract is really butt ****ing us.
No team in their right mind would pay him close to what he's making now. I've said before the bar at 5 yrs $60m (big part of that being bonus) is about the bar.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:05 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think they have been planning it for a while.
I think they planned to hire Spagnuolo last offseason but he was just mentally shot after the McAdoo fiasco. The draft and Hitchens signings make more sense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:06 AM 01-29-2019
I think they planned to hire Spagnuolo last offseason but he was just mentally shot after the McAdoo fiasco. The draft and Hitchens signings make more sense.
Solid theory IMHO.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:07 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Solid theory IMHO.
It wouldn't surprise me. That and they didn't expect Mahomes to be this good....this early.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:10 AM 01-29-2019
I was wondering the same thing, but I think you framed it perfectly.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:10 AM 01-29-2019
Only theory that make sense to me mainly because of who they drafted tho. I have no clue why anyone thought Speaks could be a OLB.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:11 AM 01-29-2019
I could be totally off base, and I have been millions of times before, but I think KPass has the build of a Justin Tuck in this defense.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:12 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I could be totally off base, and I have been millions of times before, but I think KPass has the build of a Justin Tuck in this defense.
Maybe,

but because of Scheme they played in I don't really have any tape on them to make a judgement on their "Skills" or lack of
[Reply]
RunKC 11:12 AM 01-29-2019
Only theory that make sense to me mainly because of who they drafted tho. I have no clue why anyone thought Speaks could be a OLB.
He was okay for a rookie when he got his chance. Tanoh is the one who will benefit from this the most.

That guy is 6’7”. His body frame isn’t right for a 3-4 OLB at all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:12 AM 01-29-2019
I hope they can turn him into something. I'm still somewhat frustrated with that pick. Not only did it not make sense, they traded up to get him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:13 AM 01-29-2019
Mathias Kiwanuka? Wasn't he tall and lanky like that?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:14 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Mathias Kiwanuka? Wasn't he tall and lanky like that?
Kiwanuka - 6'5" 267 lbs
Tuck - 6'5" 265 lbs
KPass - 6'7" 289 lbs

Not sure if he's cut weight at all or not.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:15 AM 01-29-2019
Kiwanuka - 6'5" 267 lbs
Tuck - 6'5" 265 lbs
KPass - 6'7" 289 lbs

Not sure if he's cut weight at all or not.
Interedasting.
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 AM 01-29-2019
Most of the DL coming into the league these days are just athletic freaks. Gone somewhat are the days of big space eaters taking up blockers up there.

Sure some of the defenses do it and do it well. But damn if I'm tired of looking for and having to draft those types.

I liked the Giants idea of how they built those DLs and I think it's easier to ID and draft those types. It's what the Seahawks did with Bennett and Avril as well.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 324
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Up