ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 324
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 AM 01-29-2019
I'd like to see them load up on versatility on the line. I think ultimately that may be the thinking with Speaks and it certainly is with Jones. I like the idea of Spags running a 4-man front with all DE's like he did with the Giants. Stunts, blitzes, just mixing up everything and going crazy.
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'd like to see them load up on versatility on the line. I think ultimately that may be the thinking with Speaks and it certainly is with Jones. I like the idea of Spags running a 4-man front with all DE's like he did with the Giants. Stunts, blitzes, just mixing up everything and going crazy.
Yeah, I think that was the issue with the Chiefs vs the pats and in terms of the Chiefs pass rush this year.

It had 3 super ass talented individual rushers. But they won solely with talent for the most part. They weren't schemed into sacks very often. That's awesome to have as it's hard to defend, but as we saw with NE, it is possible when you pretty much know where guys are coming from.

You can chip and double guys. When they're stunting and moving guys around you can't.
[Reply]
O.city 11:34 AM 01-29-2019
I think that was Bobs issue. When his defense could line up and play they were really good, like against INDY.

When they needed to be schematic and versatile, they just couldn't adapt.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:34 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's at least going to be fun to watch.....at least in my mind.
[Reply]
O.city 11:36 AM 01-29-2019
If I were going to pay big money to an outside free agent (I would hardly ever do that, it's so damn hard to determine fit and such) this year, it would be Clowney. If he hit the market.

I'd put him on the DL with Jones, Nnadi, and the rest of those athletes and just tell them to go tackle people.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:39 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If I were going to pay big money to an outside free agent (I would hardly ever do that, it's so damn hard to determine fit and such) this year, it would be Clowney. If he hit the market.

I'd put him on the DL with Jones, Nnadi, and the rest of those athletes and just tell them to go tackle people.
Yup,

He strong point is playing the run too..... Which we need.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Yup,

He strong point is playing the run too..... Which we need.
Absolutely. You could move him around in 3rd-down sets too.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:11 PM 01-29-2019
If they trade Ford, a cheaper vet option for the LEO could be Bruce Irvin. He played there in Seattle and Atlanta (was out of position in Oakland, iirc). He's on the wrong side of 30 so isn't the future but he could hold the fort down in that position while the Chiefs got a rookie up to speed and then provide backup. It sounds like he may go back to Seattle but, if he wants a chance at another ring, he might consider KC.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:13 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
If they trade Ford, a cheaper vet option for the LEO could be Bruce Irvin. He played there in Seattle and Atlanta (was out of position in Oakland, iirc). He's on the wrong side of 30 so isn't the future but he could hold the fort down in that position while the Chiefs got a rookie up to speed and then provide backup. It sounds like he may go back to Seattle but, if he wants a chance at another ring, he might consider KC.
If we let Houston and Ford go....then I'd throw some money at Brandon Graham. He'd fill the WDE spot nicely and give you a chance to bring up a rookie behind him.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:22 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think that was Bobs issue. When his defense could line up and play they were really good, like against INDY.

When they needed to be schematic and versatile, they just couldn't adapt.
And he had no concept of when we need to gamble to get a stop, or let them score quick to get the ball back. He just played his safeties 20 yards off the ball in those spots - even on freaking 3rd and 10 vs. a team with no deep threat.

The stupidity is just mind-boggling. Reid should have fired him during the game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:25 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
And he had no concept of when we need to gamble to get a stop, or let them score quick to get the ball back. He just played his safeties 20 yards off the ball in those spots - even on freaking 3rd and 10 vs. a team with no deep threat.

The stupidity is just mind-boggling. Reid should have fired him during the game.
The were in single high a lot of the game with a safety in the box. They actually might have been BETTER OFF with safeties 20 years off the ball trying to stop the stuff over the middle.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:28 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If we let Houston and Ford go....then I'd throw some money at Brandon Graham. He'd fill the WDE spot nicely and give you a chance to bring up a rookie behind him.
Graham is going to be pretty expensive, isn't he?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:36 PM 01-29-2019
I know this is an oversimplification, but doesn't the over scheme limit the critical importance of the wide 9 DE from stopping the run? Seems like the goal is to put him on the weak side away from the extra blockers, and make his main responsibility exploding off the line.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:05 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Our guys literally fit the 4-3 better than they do a 3-4. We wouldn’t have brought in Hitchens, Speaks, O’Daniel and so on if they didn’t know this move was coming(Unless Veach just doesn’t know who fits his scheme). You’re worried about Ford and Houston not fitting???? Fords job will be the same, just with his hand in the dirt. 4-3 DE’s play OLB in the 3-4. These guys played DE in the 4-3 their whole lives before coming to the Chiefs.

Also you shouldn’t run a 3-4 unless you have an elite NT. It’s no coincidence our defense went to shit after losing Poe.

I'm pretty sure that the Chiefs defense gave up a ton of yards in 2016 WITH Poe. The difference is that they led the league in TOs if I recall correctly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:16 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I'm pretty sure that the Chiefs defense gave up a ton of yards in 2016 WITH Poe. The difference is that they led the league in TOs if I recall correctly.
Poe was a shell by that time. He played a ridiculous amount of snaps in 2015.
[Reply]
Page 100 of 324
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Up