ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 207 of 341
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257307 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:32 PM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Signed up for my first hand gun class. Sept 12 is the earliest I could get.
I have never held a hand gun before.

If you are new to handguns or simply require a refresher on basic handgun skills and handling, then look no further. This course teaches you all you need to know to safely handle and shoot both semi-automatic and revolver pistols. You will gain confidence and skills necessary to safely own, operate and use a handgun. You are provided with all classroom materials, guns (.22 cal / 9mm / 38 revolver), ammunition, targets, hearing and eye protection. This course is approximately 4 Hours. (Class times can vary on number of students)

Congratulations!! You are doing the right thing! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
wazu 07:33 PM 07-20-2020

If you are new to handguns or simply require a refresher on basic handgun skills and handling, then look no further. This course teaches you all you need to know to safely handle and shoot both semi-automatic and revolver pistols. You will gain confidence and skills necessary to safely own, operate and use a handgun. You are provided with all classroom materials, guns (.22 cal / 9mm / 38 revolver), ammunition, targets, hearing and eye protection. This course is approximately 4 Hours. (Class times can vary on number of students)
If it’s semi-auto, just remember that the top part will blow your thumb off if you hold it wrong.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:34 PM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Congratulations!! You are doing the right thing! :-) :-) :-)
Should have years ago. Never thought we would get to this point.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:52 PM 07-20-2020

Assuming you do have a handgun in your possession at this point. You can practice some things before the class. Such as understanding your gun's controls, proper grip, how to aim using the iron sights, the basics of trigger control, how your weapon functions, loading a magazine, how to remove a mag from the magwell, basic malfunction determination and resolution, and how to take-down/reassemble your weapon for basic maintenance.

here's a couple videos to get you started:

This one provides information/drills on grip, trigger control:
https://youtu.be/li0rGtXh23I

The second video changed everything for me in terms of how quickly and accurately I could fire a handgun. I went from only being able to shoot and hit what I wanted to hit at about 2 rounds/sec, to 5-6 times/sec.

This video simply teaches you how to control recoil by using your body lean. Stupidly simple concept that almost no one ever teaches:
https://youtu.be/fnYjzEpFTEU

There's lots of others but these will get you through your first class, at least in terms of being able to grip and shoot and actually hit anything.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:58 PM 07-20-2020
On a sidenote, if you could take CAR (Center Axis Relock) training, it'd be a lot easier to learn to control recoil/trigger control. But almost no one teaches it as a fundamentals/basics course yet.

Anyway, glad you got signed up, enjoy the course.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:48 PM 07-20-2020

A few points:

ALWAYS treat a gun as if its loaded. Always. Even if you just unloaded it and know it's unloaded.

Never point a gun at anything you're not prepared to put a bullet in. Again, even if it's unloaded.

Never put your finger on the trigger unless you are prepared to fire. Keep your trigger finger straight and pointed slightly up against the frame/slide until you are ready to shoot. This is especially important if you're drawing from a holster.

These rules are important for everybody to follow, not just beginners. Don't slack off after you develop a level of comfort and familiarity with handling a weapon. My Air Force buddy was shooting at the range one day with his boss, a security forces colonel and decorated combat veteran. The colonel put his finger on the trigger as he was drawing from a holster and shot himself in the leg. If somebody with that level of skill and training can fuck up like that, anybody can.

Remember, a gun is not a toy, or a prop. And all it takes is one careless mistake to change your life or somebody else's.

That being said, congratulations. You're definitely doing the the right thing.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:34 PM 07-21-2020
Who can tell me what this guy is holding? Real? Factory? Custom creation?

[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:02 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Who can tell me what this guy is holding? Real? Factory? Custom creation?

Hmm...That little fella is a Mac10-11 (garbage) but that other thing is a mystery to me..
:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 12:32 AM 07-22-2020
Hmm...That little fella is a Mac10-11 (garbage) but that other thing is a mystery to me..:-)
After a bit of digging, apparently it's a beat-to-shit South African Striker Streetsweeper shotgun.

https://guns.fandom.com/wiki/Striker_shotgun

[Reply]
TinyEvel 12:59 AM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
After a bit of digging, apparently it's a beat-to-shit South African Striker Streetsweeper shotgun.

Yes of course it is. Don’t none of you guys play Call of Duty?!
[Reply]
kepp 09:01 AM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Yes of course it is. Don’t none of you guys play Call of Duty?!
Exactly! Striker! I used to use that all the time.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:18 AM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:

Filled with rock salt, that could clean some infections.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:00 AM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Filled with rock salt, that could clean some infections.

1958 - My Brother and I were screwing around with a couple of girls in brothers 56 Chevy out in a corn field - He was 5 years older than me.

Anyway, Farmer comes running out of his house screaming at us to get out of his field. I (stupidly) jumped out of the car and started running. My brother and the girls took off through the field.

The Farmer started shooting his 12 gauge. I took 6 pieces of rock salt in the ass. Hurt like 10 son-of a-gun. Finally caught up with my Brother. We dropped off the girls and headed to the Rexall. He picked those pieces of rock salt out of my ass with tweezers all the while begging me not to tell Mom and Dad...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:19 AM 07-22-2020
1958 - My Brother and I were screwing around with a couple of girls in brothers 56 Chevy out in a corn field - He was 5 years older than me.

Anyway, Farmer comes running out of his house screaming at us to get out of his field. I (stupidly) jumped out of the car and started running. My brother and the girls took off through the field.

The Farmer started shooting his 12 gauge. I took 6 pieces of rock salt in the ass. Hurt like 10 son-of a-gun. Finally caught up with my Brother. We dropped off the girls and headed to the Rexall. He picked those pieces of rock salt out of my ass with tweezers all the while begging me not to tell Mom and Dad...
So, you got brined? Dare I say "cured"?

It's all good...
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:25 AM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
So, you got brined? Dare I say "cured"?

It's all good...

Indeed.....country ham :-)
[Reply]
Page 207 of 341
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257307 > Last »
Up