ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 42
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Unique Military Weapons
Easy 6 05:45 PM 08-02-2013
Cant recall ever seeing a thread on this topic so i thought it was time we had one... this thread is dedicated to military weaponry of any kind, from any era or nation.

There is a seemingly endless array of novel, fascinating, revolutionary or even ill-fated hardware out there so subject material shouldnt be a problem.

First entry coming up shortly...
[Reply]
MIAdragon 09:35 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Call of Duty doesn't count.

How were the army command school classes at Ft. Leavenworth? Learn alot so that you could make such an informed statement?
Couldn't tell you, but I can say Cold War Naval tactics were taught until the 2000's, decades too long. Just because something is still being taught doesn't mean it translates to what's happening on the battlefield. M1's in urban warfare are less than ideal.

FYI I've got more than COD experience.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:22 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Couldn't tell you, but I can say Cold War Naval tactics were taught until the 2000's, decades too long. Just because something is still being taught doesn't mean it translates to what's happening on the battlefield. M1's in urban warfare are less than ideal.

FYI I've got more than COD experience.
You seem to be insisting that we will only face urban warfare from now on, thats not a bet I'd make
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:45 PM 12-01-2016
Get a load of Indias indigenously built fighter jet 33 years in the making, lol

They're hoping to find buyers for this clunker, double lol... I'm certainly no aeronautics expert, but it stands to reason that you can often tell a lot about an aircraft just by looking at it

And this is one junky looking, ugly bird... any buyers out there?

https://warisboring.com/india-spent-...1cd#.tvpp3ofak
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:52 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

They're hoping to find buyers for this clunker, double lol... I'm certainly no aeronautics expert, but it stands to reason that you can often tell a lot about an aircraft just by looking at it

Looks like a MiG from the 70s.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:57 PM 12-01-2016

They need this...

[Reply]
Easy 6 10:05 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Looks like a MiG from the 70s.
Very valid comparison, its like a shorter, more squat looking 23 Flogger

https://www.google.com/search?q=1970...CniTMRGO0OM%3A

I dont think one needs to be an aeronautics expert to appreciate a clean, streamlined form and recognize its inherent airworthiness as opposed to this fugly thing... they should stick to buying Eurofighters and F16s
[Reply]
notorious 10:36 PM 12-01-2016
Mig? Heck no. That has Dassault Mirage written all over it

It has a little F-16XL cranked-arrow wing going on, too.

[Reply]
notorious 10:43 PM 12-01-2016
Whoops, just read the article. They mentioned the Rafale, which resemble the Indian POS quite a bit.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:49 PM 12-01-2016
Excellent post, Notorious... and your point is very well taken, there are undeniable elements of the Mirage no doubt

But the article lays out this bastard jets various fathers, its a Mig, its a Mirage, its an F16, its everything but good, apparently... its an ugly hodgepodge of various design elements

The top pic really kills it for me, its just a poor design that clearly doesnt know what it wants to be... I may not be an aeronautics expert, but I know an eagle from an albatross
[Reply]
notorious 10:51 PM 12-01-2016
Excellent post, Notorious... and you're point is very well taken, there are undeniable elements of the Mirage no doubt

But the article lays out this bastard jets various fathers, its a Mig, its a Mirage, its an F16, its everything but good, apparently... its an ugly hodgepodge of various design elements

The top pic really kills it for me, its just a poor design that clearly doesnt know what it wants to be... I may not be an aeronautics expert, but I know an eagle from an albatross
It's like the Indian engineers took everything that looked cool on other fighters and jammed it together to make this turd.
[Reply]
notorious 10:54 PM 12-01-2016
I have been on a tank kick lately.

I present....the T28 Tank/Motor Carriage :-)

[Reply]
notorious 10:55 PM 12-01-2016

[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:07 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
Whoops, just read the article. They mentioned the Rafale, which resemble the Indian POS quite a bit.
While it's an F1, this seems like a great place to drop this. The music alone is worth the watch!

[Reply]
Easy 6 11:26 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
It's like the Indian engineers took everything that looked cool on other fighters and jammed it together to make this turd.
:-) its just so bad, thats why it had to be posted

The section from the pilot forward looks like it belongs on a different jet altogether

The huge intakes that curve awkwardly into the fuselage look even worse, and thats not even mentioning the pitiful mini-canards on the air induction, a sure sign of not knowing what they want in terms of maneuverability/flight stability

Throw in the triangular, European looking wings and its clear those guys have no idea what they're trying to accomplish... fun to laugh at for sure, this thread isnt all about the best stuff, gotta have some fun with it as well lol
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:59 PM 12-01-2016
No wonder they aren't defending North Dakota very well.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 42
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up