ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Losing Kareem Hunt killed us
493rd 11:20 AM 10-14-2019
This may seem obvious, but I believe Hunt’s loss created a more glaring void than anyone could’ve imagined. The simple reality is that our offense no longer has the ability to sustain drives because we can’t run the football. It’s easy to bitch at Reid for not running the ball, but the truth is that we can’t block well enough to run the damn ball, and the RBs we have now aren’t capable of creating things on their own. Hunt was and was at the top of the yards after first contact category. Now, no team in the league fears our run game and they’re teeing off on our shitty line as a result.

Getting Fisher back will help, but it won’t change things significantly enough to matter. Until we find another guy in the backfield that commands the oppositions respect, we’ll continue to struggle offensively. There will certainly be games that Mahomes is unstoppable in, but they likely won’t be in January. Damien Williams, McCoy, and the others aren’t nearly good enough.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:38 PM 11-14-2019
If dumbass Hunt just would have stayed in the hotel room. Or there wasn't a camera. Or the video never leaked. Or instead of almost stopping his kick, he completely stopped it before it got to her. Or maybe even if he didn't lie to Clark Hunt. Or hell if the video comes out when it happened.

But all those things happened, in the middle of a dream season, when we had possibly the best offense the NFL has ever seen.

Because. Chiefs.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:49 PM 11-14-2019
Is there any doubt that the Browns are going to sneak into the wild card and beat us at Arrowhead, with Hunt scoring the winning touchdown?

Like is there any doubt in the world that that’s exactly what’s going to happen?
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 10:50 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
If we wouldn't have cut Hunt we most likely wouldn't have Tyreek today... Which would any of you prefer?
This is 100% correct. I've been telling my friends this for months. If Clark Hunt hadn't overreacted and impulsively cut Kareem Hunt, he would have overreacted and impulsively cut Tyreek Hill as soon as the KC Star published their bullshit hit piece on Hill. Clark Hunt learned his lesson and he decided to wait for all of the facts to come out.

Losing Kareem Hunt was bad. Losing Tyreek Hill would have been catastrophic.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:53 PM 11-14-2019
Kareem killed it tonight didn't he ?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:05 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
This is 100% correct. I've been telling my friends this for months. If Clark Hunt hadn't overreacted and impulsively cut Kareem Hunt, he would have overreacted and impulsively cut Tyreek Hill as soon as the KC Star published their bullshit hit piece on Hill. Clark Hunt learned his lesson and he decided to wait for all of the facts to come out.

Losing Kareem Hunt was bad. Losing Tyreek Hill would have been catastrophic.
Why does Clark need to learn this lesson in this scenario? How did he not already understand? He’s not really that stupid/simple, is he?

I wonder what happened to the window lickers who claimed that no team would sign him?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:10 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
He’s an incredible asset that the chiefs gave away for nothing (to a conference foe).
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:19 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
I don't know. Did he? I didn't watch the game, so all I have is the box score. I know it's just the box score, but I don't see anything all that impressive on there.
[Reply]
-King- 11:23 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I don't know. Did he? I didn't watch the game, so all I have is the box score. I know it's just the box score, but I don't see anything all that impressive on there.
Not really. He has some good plays in the first quarter, but after that he was basically just a decoy and a lead blocker for Chubb. He didn't even have a carry the whole first half. I don't get how they're using him.
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:24 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
you missed a hell of a fight

check the game thread for video replay :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:47 PM 11-14-2019
For the few touches Hunt had, he looked really good.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 07:04 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why does Clark need to learn this lesson in this scenario? How did he not already understand? He’s not really that stupid/simple, is he?

I wonder what happened to the window lickers who claimed that no team would sign him?
I can't answer your first question. He shouldn't have had to learn that lesson the hard way. Apparently he IS that stupid.

I don't know the answer to your second question either. I suspect it was rhetorical. All I can say is that I am in the group that was incredibly shocked and pissed off when Clark Hunt IMMEDIATELY released Kareem Hunt, especially since he released him for LYING, not for beating up the drunk chick.

Lots of teams have great QB/WR combos. We had a QB/RB/WR combo that was going to be historically great and together for many Super Bowl runs. Clark Hunt completely ****ed that up.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 07:20 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I can't answer your first question. He shouldn't have had to learn that lesson the hard way. Apparently he IS that stupid.

I don't know the answer to your second question either. I suspect it was rhetorical. All I can say is that I am in the group that was incredibly shocked and pissed off when Clark Hunt IMMEDIATELY released Kareem Hunt, especially since he released him for LYING, not for beating up the drunk chick.

Lots of teams have great QB/WR combos. We had a QB/RB/WR combo that was going to be historically great and together for many Super Bowl runs. Clark Hunt completely ****ed that up.
unless Kareem Hunt learned how to play defense he wasnt going to help win crap
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 07:25 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Is there any doubt that the Browns are going to sneak into the wild card and beat us at Arrowhead, with Hunt scoring the winning touchdown?

Like is there any doubt in the world that that’s exactly what’s going to happen?
Not with Garrett out for the season!!!!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:27 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He’s an incredible asset that the chiefs gave away for nothing (to a conference foe).
He didn’t do much last nite. He’s certainly nowhere near as good as Chubb is (although Chubb is one of the best in the nfl so that’s a high hurdle)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:35 AM 11-15-2019
Might be time to start giving Andy credit for making Hunt look better than he is. He ain’t sniffing a rushing title without great playcalling, and a lot of great players around him. Can’t even take many carries away from Chubb.

His ability to break tackles is something we’ve missed, but I don’t see him being a massive difference-maker overall.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up