ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How are you holding up?
10 - Life is good. Not sure what everyone's freaking out about. 26 10.97%
9 12 5.06%
8 36 15.19%
7 29 12.24%
6 18 7.59%
5 - Eh, it's fine, but not great. 64 27.00%
4 24 10.13%
3 9 3.80%
2 6 2.53%
1 3 1.27%
0 - Dude. This sucks hard. 10 4.22%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll
Page 36 of 59
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How are you holding up?
DaFace 09:22 PM 03-21-2020
Just curious how the community at large is holding up these days. That's all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:24 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
People were trained for years and years that going to work when sick and sucking it up was an admirable trait, it's hard to break.
Yeah and all of that shit goes out the window in a time like this.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 02:56 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah and all of that shit goes out the window in a time like this.
Those of us older folks remember when there used to be something called sick leave and vacation. In the 80s and 90s, the powers that were in charge of companies combined them into personal time off (PTO). Some thought it was great that you now got 4 weeks of PTO instead of 3 weeks of VACA and 2 weeks of SICK however, the net effect was loss of a week and people going to work because they didn't want to use their VACA when they were SICK.

Around the same time that they eliminated pensions and companies started providing 401K plans. And the relaxed dress code. And the ever widening pay gap. And company takeovers and selloffs.

Damn, I'm an old fart.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:03 PM 04-06-2020
Got a new refrigerator installed today, that was fun... No inside delivery and installation these days so we had fun taking the doors the new fridge, the front door of the house off, then lift the new one up the steps using a dolly, and the old one down the steps. I got my workout in today...

Life is good...
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:37 PM 04-06-2020
And then find out today that the new hire showed up today even though she felt sick. Dude....I fucking despise people right now.
Murder is an acceptable solution
[Reply]
stevieray 03:37 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
My sympathies to you on the loss of your friend.

My Dad died of liver cancer at age 57 and it was an ugly death, especially the last 7-10 days. :-)
:-)

Thank you man, there's a great back story, but this isn't the time.

I will always miss him.
[Reply]
Spott 04:04 PM 04-06-2020
And then find out today that the new hire showed up today even though she felt sick. Dude....I fucking despise people right now.
It’s kind of hard to blame her. Calling in sick your first day is generally a quick way to get fired.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:34 PM 04-06-2020
Considering having a group of friends meet me at the local park for Easter Sunday. Everyone brings their own food and drink and lawn chairs and have a little afternoon group picnic. Just to break up the monotony. Also just ordered a Total Gym since I can't go to the gym anymore.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:28 PM 04-06-2020
Saw some terrible shot yesterday along my walk. There was an area tapped off lots of cops and an ambulance. As I got closer you could see a crowd gathering. Anyway I look at the apartment entrance and see a fucking body bag. Someone had jumped off their balcony of the highrise and landed directly in front of the entrance. Kinda put a damper on my day.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:32 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Considering having a group of friends meet me at the local park for Easter Sunday. Everyone brings their own food and drink and lawn chairs and have a little afternoon group picnic. Just to break up the monotony. Also just ordered a Total Gym since I can't go to the gym anymore.
Groups are allowed to gather in AZ?
[Reply]
eDave 05:36 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Groups are allowed to gather in AZ?
We are under a stay at home order. Very loosely. But I don't think they will let the parks fill up.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:43 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
It’s kind of hard to blame her. Calling in sick your first day is generally a quick way to get fired.
It’s not her first day. She just the newest employee there. And management has already stated that if you’re sick....let us know and then stay the fuck home.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:10 AM 04-07-2020
Things are getting tough money wise and work after I hurt my back and hips bothering me like a bitch I'm not getting the overtime i was accustomed too and garnishment really bit me in the ass. I still go to work but have physical therapy so I'm not getting held over at least most days but that keeps me from making extra bucks. This month sucks and I still haven't gone fishing.

Now we are required to wear masks at work but we have to bring them from home. The State Hospital not providing us with PPE and it's just a matter of time before we start getting cases of Coronal in this county or at the State Hospital and they have a unit set up for it but it can spread throughout campus.

I'm still holding out before I decide to go on Admin Quarantine but I'm thinking more and more about doing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:32 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Originally Posted by eDave:
We are under a stay at home order. Very loosely. But I don't think they will let the parks fill up.
Why are you getting a group together to violate the stay at home order and endanger your friends and group Megatron96?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:34 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Things are getting tough money wise and work after I hurt my back and hips bothering me like a bitch I'm not getting the overtime i was accustomed too and garnishment really bit me in the ass. I still go to work but have physical therapy so I'm not getting held over at least most days but that keeps me from making extra bucks. This month sucks and I still haven't gone fishing.

Now we are required to wear masks at work but we have to bring them from home. The State Hospital not providing us with PPE and it's just a matter of time before we start getting cases of Coronal in this county or at the State Hospital and they have a unit set up for it but it can spread throughout campus.

I'm still holding out before I decide to go on Admin Quarantine but I'm thinking more and more about doing.
You hurt your back at work? Can you get some time off paid to recover?
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:43 AM 04-07-2020
I had to do security at a local food bank yesterday. Wore an N95 mask for part of it. It was the itchiest thing I’ve ever worn. Finally had to remove it due to how bad it was itching.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 59
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up