ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2575 of 3903
« First < 1575207524752525256525712572257325742575 257625772578257925852625267530753575 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:02 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah, I am gonna go ahead and disagree.
Well, you're wrong - there's no "disagreement" about it. Younger kids will be sent home and high school aged kids that lie about symptoms will cause problems, too.

For schools to be open, not only will there be a reduced number of kids in each classroom due to social distancing requirements, every person who enters the school doors each day will need to have their temperature checked at least once a day, and you can damn sure bet that any kid that complains of a sore throat will be sent home asap.

If schools are forced to open next month due to a lack of federal funding, we'll be facing a disaster like we haven't seen so far this year, especially given there are more than 76 million students from K-12 in this country.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:09 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
We are now killing and average 700 people a day, a rate that is going to climb to over a thousand within a few weeks. Other countries are doing much better, at controlling the disease, so it's not like we are doing everything we can to mitigate the disease. But rather than implementing better public health practices that are saving lives in other countries, you advocate throwing caution to the wind and pouring more gas on the fire. Just how many people are you willing to kill, Pete?
Dude, get the fuck out of here with that shit. Anytime anyone disagrees with you it's they hate old people or you want to throw caution to the wind or you're willing to kill people when absolutely none of that is true.

Just shut the fuck up.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:11 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, you're wrong - there's no "disagreement" about it. Younger kids will be sent home and high school aged kids that lie about symptoms will cause problems, too.

For schools to be open, not only will there be a reduced number of kids in each classroom due to social distancing requirements, every person who enters the school doors each day will need to have their temperature checked at least once a day, and you can damn sure bet that any kid that complains of a sore throat will be sent home asap.

If schools are forced to open next month due to a lack of federal funding, we'll be facing a disaster like we haven't seen so far this year, especially given there are more than 76 million students from K-12 in this country.
I am not wrong about a damn thing. It's impractical as all hell to shut down school every time someone says their throat hurts. I have a 1st grade student so it isn't like I don't have any skin in this game, unlike several here, not saying you.

Sending the kid home and automatically making them quarantine for 14 days because of it is 2 different things and I don't think that will be the case.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:12 PM 07-12-2020
We are now killing and average 700 people a day, a rate that is going to climb to over a thousand within a few weeks. Other countries are doing much better, at controlling the disease, so it's not like we are doing everything we can to mitigate the disease. But rather than implementing better public health practices that are saving lives in other countries, you advocate throwing caution to the wind and pouring more gas on the fire. Just how many people are you willing to kill, Pete?
WE are not killing anyone. I don't know where you get this "we" shit.
[Reply]
cdcox 08:15 PM 07-12-2020
Dude, get the **** out of here with that shit. Anytime anyone disagrees with you it's they hate old people or you want to throw caution to the wind or you're willing to kill people when absolutely none of that is true.

Just shut the **** up.
Decisions have consequences. Our decisions to date have consequences of 1000 people dying per week. You have indicated that you accept those consequences and are willing to open things up further which will have more severe consequences. So my question is not unreasonable.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:17 PM 07-12-2020
Decisions have consequences. Our decisions to date have consequences of 1000 people dying per week. You have indicated that you accept those consequences and are willing to open things up further which will have more severe consequences. So my question is not unreasonable.
Our decisions? Again where the fuck do you get this shit from? Your "question" is absolute, hyperbolic bullshit.
[Reply]
cdcox 08:22 PM 07-12-2020
WE are not killing anyone. I don't know where you get this "we" shit.
I am a US citizen. I am including other US citizens in "we". Our country, between our formal health policy (that has federal, state and local components) and the sum of actions by individuals are killing 700 people per week. Other economically similar countries are doing much better. I would call them "They".
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:26 PM 07-12-2020
I am not wrong about a damn thing. It's impractical as all hell to shut down school every time someone says their throat hurts. I have a 1st grade student so it isn't like I don't have any skin in this game, unlike several here, not saying you.

Sending the kid home and automatically making them quarantine for 14 days because of it is 2 different things and I don't think that will be the case.
Good fucking god, Pete. Are you suggesting that school administrators and teachers will just outright ignore those children with temperatures and sore throats?

Have you even given one second of thought to the idea that 76 MILLION students going back to school during a pandemic is a very, very bad idea?
[Reply]
lewdog 08:28 PM 07-12-2020
Ignore all symptoms and allow people to spread this.

/Pete
[Reply]
petegz28 08:31 PM 07-12-2020
Good ****ing god, Pete. Are you suggesting that school administrators and teachers will just outright ignore those children with temperatures and sore throats?

Have you even given one second of thought to the idea that 76 MILLION students going back to school during a pandemic is a very, very bad idea?
Yeah, that's what I said right? No. I said sending them home for a sore throat and automatically making them quarantine are separate issues. I don't think it will be practical to make someone quarantine every time their throat is "sore".
[Reply]
lewdog 08:33 PM 07-12-2020
Yeah, that's what I said right? No. I said sending them home for a sore throat and automatically making them quarantine are separate issues. I don't think it will be practical to make someone quarantine every time their throat is "sore".
You’re going to have to test for any minor symptom though, otherwise you’re allowing a possible outbreak from an initial sore throat symptom. That’s the problem, it’s a logistical nightmare for schools.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:34 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Ignore all symptoms and allow people to spread this.

/Pete
That's not even what I said and you know it but I realize I am not part of the "we are all gonna die" club so whatever.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:45 PM 07-12-2020
Please tell us how the school nurse is to differentiate between a sore throat, which could be strep, flu or even the common cold, and COVID-19.

Thanks in advance.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:46 PM 07-12-2020
That's not even what I said and you know it but I realize I am not part of the "we are all gonna die" club so whatever.
Um, yeah, it is, Pete.

And no one is talking about how "we're all going to die", we're talking about how we're going to prevent people from unnecessary deaths.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:50 PM 07-12-2020
Please tell us how the school nurse is to differentiate between a sore throat, which could be strep, flu or even the common cold, and COVID-19.

Thanks in advance.
Then keep you kids home, Dane. That's your prerogative. If I lived where you are I probably would. But where I am the risk is barely even minimal at this point.
[Reply]
Page 2575 of 3903
« First < 1575207524752525256525712572257325742575 257625772578257925852625267530753575 > Last »
Up