ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Matthew Judon hints at interest in joining Kansas City
JakeF 02:57 PM 07-14-2020
https://clutchpoints.com/chiefs-news...g-kansas-city/

Ravens’ Matthew Judon hints at interest in joining Kansas City
by Matthew SchmidtJuly 14, 2020

The Baltimore Ravens slapped a franchise tag on linebacker Matthew Judon earlier this offseason, and it doesn’t look like the two sides are going to come to terms on a long-term agreement before the Wednesday deadline.

After Chris Jones—who was franchised by the Kansas City Chiefs back in March—agreed to a four-year, $85 million extension to remain with the Chiefs long term, Judon may be thinking about tagging along.

On Tuesday afternoon, Judon took to Twitter to ask Chiefs safety Tyrann Mathieu about potential homes in Kansas City:

@Mathieu_Era how’s the real estate in KC. Asking for a friend

— Matthew Judon (@man_dammn) July 14, 2020

Of course, this could all be much ado about nothing. Even if the Ravens don’t extend Matthew Judon before the deadline, it’s entirely possible that the two sides can get something done next winter.

But clearly, Judon is not all that enthralled with his current situation.

Judon will make just over $16 million under the franchise tag this coming season and is coming off of a 2019-20 campaign in which he played every game and racked up 54 tackles, 9.5 sacks and four forced fumbles. He earned his first Pro Bowl selection as a result.

The 27-year-old, who played his collegiate football at Grand Valley State, was originally selected by Baltimore in the fifth round (146th pick overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.

Judon had a limited role during his rookie year, but in his second season, he broke out, appearing in every contest and registering 61 tackles, eight sacks, a couple of forced fumbles and a fumble recovery.

Since then, Judon has been a key contributor for the Ravens’ defense.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:24 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Bizarro Kansas City Chiefs.
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I guess he'd be our jack Parkman. Who we hate until he joins us. But man, his late hits just leave a bad taste in my mouth.
T-Sizzle connection
[Reply]
DRM08 03:24 PM 07-14-2020
This guy is a cheap shot artist. Suppose I would rather see him with KC instead of attempting cheap shots on Mahomes.
[Reply]
Sorce 03:25 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think we're gonna have to get used to lots of players expressing interest in playing for KC. Problem is we won't have the money to pay most of them.
We are also going to start see older vets who have made their money want to sign here to get a ring especially if we can get back to the SB this year.
[Reply]
Kman34 03:27 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I think it’s more him being a smart ass and pointing out Chiefs getting it done for their franchise tagged player whereas Ravens won’t.
This.. No way this is happening..
[Reply]
JakeF 03:30 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Dude is a 3-4 OLB....no thanks.
He can play either side. He has the toughness to tackle above his weight class.

I don't know how much money he wants but unless you think Speaks is going to finally step up we could use a guy like Judon.

Starting Clark and Judon with Okafor/Kpass/charlton as depth would be a significant upgrade for us.

Judon can also stay healthy.

I dunno. We probably don't want to do what it takes to create the cap space for him.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:33 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
This guy is a cheap shot artist. Suppose I would rather see him with KC instead of attempting cheap shots on Mahomes.
i didn't know this. Is it really cheap shots or is he just an enforcer type guy who keeps the other team from going after his guys?
[Reply]
candyman 03:34 PM 07-14-2020
Obviously this isn't happening, I dont think anyone here with more than a few brain cells think that. It's still hilarious knowing one of Raven fan's best/favorite players would rather be here.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:38 PM 07-14-2020
The dude who has cheap shouted and talked relentless **** talk to Pat now wants to be in KC? Love it.

Surprised Marcus Peters hasn’t convinced him Pat is a bad QB or some such
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:47 PM 07-14-2020
Jewdong?
[Reply]
DRM08 03:50 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
i didn't know this. Is it really cheap shots or is he just an enforcer type guy who keeps the other team from going after his guys?
Late hits on Mahomes for no reason.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:56 PM 07-14-2020
No shit.

I keep waiting for someone to pop the balloon, but until then we might as well ride the wave.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:16 PM 07-14-2020
I think we're gonna have to get used to lots of players expressing interest in playing for KC. Problem is we won't have the money to pay most of them.
BRETT VEACH, DaFace!! BRETT VEACH!!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:22 PM 07-14-2020
“The salary cap is a myth.”
[Reply]
Cosmos 04:56 PM 07-14-2020
Never seen anything like it in 40 years of fandom...
[Reply]
Brody Wa 06:52 PM 07-14-2020
Having great players wanting to play for us is definitely in the High Quality category of problems 😎.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up