ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone not get their stimulus yet?
dlphg9 12:43 PM 07-14-2020
My mom is still waiting on her stimulus. I don't think I know anyone else that hasn't gotten theirs.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:19 PM 07-14-2020
When is our second Trump check coming?
[Reply]
eDave 02:21 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If you owe the IRS money, they can take it to pay an IRS debt. Some people have said it happened to them anyway.
I have a hard time believing they could have coordinated that.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:21 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Had to give it back plus some to pay off income taxes.

So it was utterly pointless.
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If you owe the IRS money, they can take it to pay an IRS debt. Some people have said it happened to them anyway.
IRS debts don't have a fucking thing to do with a pandemic stimulus.

If the Feds are craving consumer monkeys, pass out the candy and let them go wild, . . . then worry about balancing the ledgers later.
[Reply]
eDave 02:28 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

If the Feds are craving consumer monkeys, pass out the candy and let them go wild, . . . then worry about balancing the ledgers later.
Possible with a tax lein on a bank account. But that would be accountable.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:38 PM 07-14-2020
That's twice today. . . no need to respond to any of my posts.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:48 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Possible with a tax lein on a bank account. But that would be accountable.
Why would I have a lien on my head for taxes that aren't due until tomorrow?
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:48 PM 07-14-2020
my mom hasnt seen hers yet either
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:49 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
I know. I've done this weekly. It never works for my information. It just says the payment status can't be found or whatever. Then gives me no other contact or link information to contact anyone for their error.
my mom had this same thing happen, she was putting one of the numbers in wrong, we figured it out last and got it approved
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:44 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I have a hard time believing they could have coordinated that.
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Wow where have you all been?
There have been thousands of people who owed money to various institutions, IRS, Child Support, student loan debt that is in default or any other entity that has a lean against you with the IRS. These stimulus checks were ran through the IRS so that money was immediately applied to any debt that the IRS had a lien against.
When the 2cd stimulus comes out it is suppose to be exempt from that debt. It has been talked about by all the analysts following this situation.
[Reply]
Spott 06:01 PM 07-14-2020
I actually prefer it when the IRS is far behind in their work. Keep those bastards short-staffed and buried in paperwork so they don’t have time for audits.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:39 PM 07-14-2020
I didn't qualify but my kids and parents got theirs some time ago.
[Reply]
Hoover 06:40 PM 07-14-2020
They sent out debit cards a month or so ago.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:18 AM 07-15-2020
My Mom has not gotten hers yet, but she got the letter from Trump. The letter from Trump had the wrong amount as my Dad passed away last year and they were gonna send stimulus for both of them---even though theirs tax returns clearly show he is gone.

She found an IRS form to fill out to track the deposit..but the response time is 8+ weeks. She sent it in a month ago and has not heard anything yet.
[Reply]
eDave 12:23 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Why would I have a lien on my head for taxes that aren't due until tomorrow?
Not saying you do.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 12:47 AM 07-15-2020
JFC I haven’t worked in the states since 2017 and I still got a check sent to my last address. I put it into my savings and haven’t touched it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up