ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones Agrees to 4-Year Contract Extension Ahead of Deadline
Shaid 11:37 AM 07-14-2020
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ad-of-deadline

While the deadline is approaching, the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a four-year contract extension with defensive tackle Chris Jones, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.

Schefter noted the deal is worth $85 million with $60 million guaranteed.

The Chiefs placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on Jones in March, guaranteeing him $16.1 million for the upcoming season. He and Kansas City have until 4 p.m. ET Wednesday to finalize a long-term contract.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:35 PM 07-14-2020

Jones will make a true $20m per year in the first three years of the deal, I'm told. I'm also told it includes $60m in guarantees & he won't take a signing bonus.

Last week, I said K.C. needed to get closer to Jones' # & Jones had to be open to something creative. Both happened. https://t.co/hdV3tBjTEI

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) July 14, 2020

[Reply]
O.city 12:35 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Man - he'll have to have a MASSIVE year 3 number. Or two very big ones in year 2.

Because if he's got $60 million in guarantees and took no signing bonus, you have to figure those are going to be in the form of guaranteed salaries. If he didn't make much more in 20 than he'd have made under the tag, that's $17 million or so and you have $43 million to cover in years 2 and 3 (presuming year 4 to be the remaining $25 million in non-guaranteed money).

So $17, $21, $22 and $25?

That's a well compensated defensive line, now.

Gonna be tough to retain Fisher, Mathieu and Ward - gotta figure at least 2 of those guys will eventually be let go. They'll get something done with Kelce and Schwartz I'm sure.
Guys seem to legitimately love being here. I could see a guy like Schwartz taking a good bit less to stay.

They just love Andy.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:35 PM 07-14-2020
He was a captain on defense, right?
[Reply]
KC Hawks 12:35 PM 07-14-2020
I don't remember a single play Hitchens has made with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:35 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
1.) There's no way Dorsey would have been able to get all of this done. Good riddance.

2.) We'd better see the Chiefs actually play games this season.
Dorsey couldn’t manage the cap to save his life. Veachs statue better get built ASAP!!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:36 PM 07-14-2020

Let’s gooooo!!!!
The Dynasty Continues....#RunitBack #Sacknation

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 14, 2020

[Reply]
O.city 12:37 PM 07-14-2020
I heard someone on tv make an excellent point regarding the Patriots.

Their '20 years of dominance' wasn't really 20 years. It was 5 years followed by 10 years of very good then another 5 years of dominance. Brady won all 6 of his rings in two 5-year chunks at the front and back of his Patriots tenure.

Well that may well happen here. As I've said before, Mahomes will be at the head of 3 or 4 different iterations of the KC Chiefs. Some of those iterations will be championship caliber - others will be teams with a puncher's chance because of they have Mahomes.

And I'm okay with that. Just know that the cupboard won't ALWAYS be this full. Kelce's and Hill's aren't in every draft and we won't always have the prescience to get them when they are...
Here's the thing though, in regards to weapons. Andy has always been able to take scraps and make them into working parts. Albert Wilson's are available every year.

That's the thing with this and where it's different than with the Pats. Bill is a defensive guy. He's always cobbled up game plans and made shit not stink.

Andy can do that with the offense and he's now got a real force multiplier at QB. Sky is the limit.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 12:38 PM 07-14-2020
Well i came! Also i knew we were not trading the ambassador of sack nation!
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:38 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
I don't remember a single play Hitchens has made with the Chiefs.
First Broncos game of last season. He hit Flacco and caused the fumble that Ragland returned for a TD.
[Reply]
Chieftain 12:40 PM 07-14-2020
The pressure that Jones creates in the middle cannot be understated. Not having him there creates a huge gapping hole. I am really excited to see Willie Gay's play as I think he will be free to wander around the line and tackle people at will. It's not a stretch to say we could go undefeated this season. I know I said it last season but if we stay healthy as a team, who can stop us? Tbis team is loaded on all fronts. And that's rare in the NFL.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:40 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We still need to sign our rookies
That's a given. But somehow Veach has already figured out how to leave just enough room for one more bargain-priced high bang-for-your-buck guy. Just wait and see.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:40 PM 07-14-2020
Fuck Wallcrawler. Where is that little douche bag
[Reply]
KC Hawks 12:42 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
First Broncos game of last season. He hit Flacco and caused the fumble that Ragland returned for a TD.
Oh yeah, I remember now. Definitely has been few and far between though.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:43 PM 07-14-2020
What I'd like to see, though it won't happen, is a firmly average off-ball linebacker who can come in on a reasonable deal and allow us to just rip the band-aid off on Hitchens. I understand that there would be no immediate cap savings by cutting him but it would help a lot for next season to just get him off the books now.

Not sure there are any real alternatives out there, though.
I think you will see big cap hits start for Chris in year 2022 which gives us 2 more years to find replacement for guys that are not core players.

Reiter
LDT
Sammy
Hitchens

Fisher is likely being replaced by Niang in 2021 or 2022 to free up money too. Also expect Landlord and Kelce to have 2 years added onto their deals to save money in the near future. Just kick that can down the road and keep drafting well.

This is a well-oiled machine
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:43 PM 07-14-2020
Excellent! I had faith that Veach would get it done. Build a new Lombardi Trophy case, because we're going to need a bigger one.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up