ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones Agrees to 4-Year Contract Extension Ahead of Deadline
Shaid 11:37 AM 07-14-2020
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ad-of-deadline

While the deadline is approaching, the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a four-year contract extension with defensive tackle Chris Jones, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.

Schefter noted the deal is worth $85 million with $60 million guaranteed.

The Chiefs placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on Jones in March, guaranteeing him $16.1 million for the upcoming season. He and Kansas City have until 4 p.m. ET Wednesday to finalize a long-term contract.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:05 PM 07-14-2020
:-)
[Reply]
Coogs 12:06 PM 07-14-2020
Saw it is a 37 Million signing bonus. So an automatic 9.25 million each year against the cap. So maybe a 10 million cap hit this year?
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:07 PM 07-14-2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:08 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Updated: Schefter just said it’s 4 yrs/$80 million with $5 million in incentives.

So he decided on $20 million with a chance to boost it to his number probably based on sacks, games played, etc.

Veach made this work perfectly. I can’t believe he got this done for a $20 million AAV baseline

I was close but he got his $20 million per year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:08 PM 07-14-2020
Damn, I love being right. Especially when I'm shooting blind in the dark.

Whatever. God bless Veach. Knew he'd figure out a way. And I won't be surprised if he figures out a way to keep CJ here after year 3 of this extension.

WE'RE BACK IN BUSINESS BOYS, AND BUSINESS IS LOOKING GOOD!!!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:10 PM 07-14-2020
There’s zero excuse for this team to not win 1 or 2 more SBs in the next few years. The only thing that could stop them is this damn virus, maybe injuries. Perfect offseason.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:10 PM 07-14-2020
Now the question is did Veach create enough cap to go after one more difference maker or is he content where things stand now.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:12 PM 07-14-2020
I really really really can't wait to tell my Raiders Pal at work today he is going be thrilled

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:12 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Now the question is did Veach create enough cap to go after one more difference maker or is he content where things stand now.
Would think any remaining cap for 2020 will be withheld for injuries, etc...

They certainly don’t need any more impact players, but if it happens, I’m not gonna bitch..
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:13 PM 07-14-2020
I bet the Times Ours guys knew something - which is why they delayed their normal Monday podcast.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:13 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Probably a 3 year deal in all likelihood. Little dead money in 2023 when Mahomes deal is due to accelerate and Hill needs a new contract.

So we'll see what he gets in years 1-3. It's gonna sting. This isn't like the Mahomes deal where any figure would've been met with elation. This one MIGHT not work out when all is said and done.

But they're clearly looking at a 2-3 year window for this team and understand that there's gonna be something of a clean sheet redesign done in a few years.
In 2023 no one is on the roster except Mahomes, Butkicker and Clark(could be released with minor cap hit). This present team is turned over.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:14 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

I don't think Veach is ever content where things stand will always be a step of the curb.
[Reply]
wazu 12:14 PM 07-14-2020

From NFL Now: How do you do a big-money deal in a pandemic? DT Chris Jones took no signing bonus and will make roughly the same in 2020 as he would've on the tag. The #Chiefs gave him a lot more guaranteed money. Smart work on both sides. pic.twitter.com/FhN0RjaHlK

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 14, 2020

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:15 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Would think any remaining cap for 2020 will be withheld for injuries, etc...

They certainly don’t need any more impact players, but if it happens, I’m not gonna bitch..
What I'd like to see, though it won't happen, is a firmly average off-ball linebacker who can come in on a reasonable deal and allow us to just rip the band-aid off on Hitchens. I understand that there would be no immediate cap savings by cutting him but it would help a lot for next season to just get him off the books now.

Not sure there are any real alternatives out there, though.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:16 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
MY BONER IS NOT SAFE FOR WORK!
I'm just glad I'm dry-humping my couch at home and not my coworkers at the office. Don't need another trip to HR.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up