ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones Agrees to 4-Year Contract Extension Ahead of Deadline
Shaid 11:37 AM 07-14-2020
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ad-of-deadline

While the deadline is approaching, the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a four-year contract extension with defensive tackle Chris Jones, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.

Schefter noted the deal is worth $85 million with $60 million guaranteed.

The Chiefs placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on Jones in March, guaranteeing him $16.1 million for the upcoming season. He and Kansas City have until 4 p.m. ET Wednesday to finalize a long-term contract.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:01 PM 07-14-2020
Yeah, Niemann cracked him right in the face.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:08 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Who was it that had the shot that definitely got a bit high on Grapes?

That was Niemann's wasn't it?

#Becausechiefs died right then. 100 times out of 100 that was a flag in years past. By the letter of the rulebook it maybe should have been, but that's the way that hit has been taught for decades and he clearly slid up Grape's shoulder.

But that helmet clearly popped and I was dead certain we were boned. When a flag didn't come out, it was like the sun emerging from the clouds after a biblical flood...
Niemann absolutely had the incidental helmet to helmet and is the only non-call that 49ers fans can legitimately complain about, IMO (but like always, if you're left complaining about the refs, you likely had 10 other opportunities where your players could have won it on the field). Grapes was absolutely dazed after that shot but honestly to the naked eye I didn’t even realize it was a helmet to helmet shot until the replay. You are absolutely right that this play was the death of #becauseChiefs. Because while the Chiefs would be flagged 100% against Manning and Elway, you better believe the refs would have held that one in their pocket when Smith took the same shot.

The General NFL subreddit I follow concluded that this is a flag the refs are simply never going to throw at that juncture in the Super Bowl. Pat definitely took a couple of borderline hits too that likely would have been called in the regular season but no dice in the SB. Most Niners fans I follow no longer blame the refs (instead they rightly blame Shanny + Grapes), the only ones I still see with beef about the no-call are Patriots fans :-)
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 04:08 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Dorsey couldn’t manage the cap to save his life.Veachs statue better get built ASAP!!
They'll have to wait to see the total cost of adding all the Superbowl rings to his fingers.
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:17 PM 07-14-2020
Holy shit. What salary cap? :-) We have genious's at the helm.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04:18 PM 07-14-2020
Fuck yeah.

Run it back boys!
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 04:55 PM 07-14-2020
Apparently 2021 has a 20 million dollar roster bonus that is convertible to a signing bonus. That's interesting. If we used it, Id think it'd make it likely we'd keep him all 4 seasons but lower the cap next season
[Reply]
Bowser 07:03 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Jesus Bowser. NSFW.

Reported.
Fixed :-)
[Reply]
New World Order 07:35 PM 07-14-2020
Only thing that can stop us is Covid
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 07:42 PM 07-14-2020
Super Bowl victories and jizz.

Everywhere.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:21 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Who was it that had the shot that definitely got a bit high on Grapes?

That was Niemann's wasn't it?

#Becausechiefs died right then. 100 times out of 100 that was a flag in years past. By the letter of the rulebook it maybe should have been, but that's the way that hit has been taught for decades and he clearly slid up Grape's shoulder.

But that helmet clearly popped and I was dead certain we were boned. When a flag didn't come out, it was like the sun emerging from the clouds after a biblical flood...
Because Chiefs died when we drafted a quarterback in the first round. Then when we were down 24-0 at home to Texans the ghost of Because Chiefs came back. But Mahomes pulled out the Ghostbusters Proton Pack, trapped it, and destroyed it over and over again in the playoffs!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:27 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Meh, Mahomes already destroyed the Madden curse. Covid doesn't stand a chance!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:32 PM 07-14-2020
Looks like Jones is on a private Jones 2 hours ago according to his IG. Presumably to fly to KC from Miami to sign his contract and maybe a press conference
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:00 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
we will have a year off, then lets see.

2020 is a non season
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:45 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
we will have a year off, then lets see.

2020 is a non season
Link?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:19 PM 07-14-2020

I love you @Chiefs!!!
I promise to bring you more Championship rings and a DPOY....

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 15, 2020

[Reply]
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up